Gunmen attack French magazine Charlie Hebdo - kill 10

diga

****ing cowards. I hope every single media out there republish those cartoons. The way I see it, we have two choices....we either step back, let them dictate our way of life or fight back and stand for civilized way of life. Spit on the desert dwellers.

****ing cowards. I hope every single media out there republish those cartoons. The way I see it' date=' we have two choices....we either step back, let them dictate our way of life or fight back and stand for civilized way of life. Spit on the desert dwellers.[/quote'] I hope not. I know some old neighborhoods in delhi where this might end up in riots

I know ROP and all but here is a snippet from the web: The Shoe Bomber was a Muslim The Beltway Snipers were Muslims The Fort Hood Shooter was a Muslim The Underwear Bomber was a Muslim The U-S.S. Cole Bombers were Muslims The Madrid Train Bombers were Muslims The Bali Nightclub Bombers were Muslims The London Subway Bombers were Muslims The Moscow Theatre Attackers were Muslims The Boston Marathon Bombers were Muslims The Pan-Am flight #93 Bombers were Muslims The Air France Entebbe Hijackers were Muslims The Iranian Embassy Takeover, was by Muslims The Beirut U.S. Embassy Bombers were Muslims The Libyan U.S. Embassy Attack was by Muslims The Buenos Aires Suicide Bombers were Muslims The Israeli Olympic Team Attackers were Muslims The Kenyan U.S, Embassy Bombers were Muslims The Saudi, Khobar Towers Bombers were Muslims The Beirut Marine Barracks Bombers were Muslims The Beslan Russian School Attackers were Muslims The First World Trade Center Bombers were Muslims The Bombay, Mumbai, India Attackers were Muslims The Achille Lauro Cruise Ship Hijackers were Muslims The Nairobi, Kenya Shopping Mall Killers were Muslims The September 11th 2001 Airline Hijackers were Muslims The Sydney, Australia Lindt Cafe Kidnapper was a Muslim The Peshawar, Pakistani School Children Killers were Muslims

This is entirely the responsibility of liberals of that religion. They have to step up and do lot more than what others can do. Unless, they branch out from the root and form their own religion, to isolate these nut cases, it will be hard to believe that there is nothing wrong going on with that religion. Incident after incident, we just hear the rhetoric that its a ROP. Well that's a typical baloney. I would hate to group 'em all together. But there has to be a clear separation of some sort. Because such an extreme belief system will not survive for long. But until then these occurrences of violence will be far more than what the world can tolerate.

Looks like the reason is some cartoons drawn by the killed... Which God or messenger or religion can be so insecure to be offended by some cartoon? Being offended is also OK...I will be offended if my dog is in a cartoon and the color of its tail is not depicted properly...but to actually KILL UNARMED cartoonists for ROP?

What I really don't understand is - We in India have no choice but European countries and US/Canada,etc have options in terms of limiting this damage by immigration laws....They know the problem for sure ( enough incidents for them not to know ) and all they have to do is not let it in...Whatever is already in will be easier to handle provided you stop the trickling in... Why the hell don't they stop this at the root level?
Two aspects: Cheap labour and vote-bank politics. Immigrants are often willing to work for minimum wage; illegal immigrants probably for less than minimum wage. There are reasons why Obama recently announced a revised immigration order; (i) secure the immigrant/liberal vote bank (ii) ensure that democrat lobbyists benefit from the cheap, readily available human resources. What is happening in a TMC-ruled West Bengal is no different. The same trend can be witnessed all around the world, though it was the West that pioneered this tactic. It has zilch to do with ideology. Political ideologies are nothing but justifications for an agenda. How else can you explain China, a country that is politically Communist and economically Capitalist? Govts. cherry pick what ideology/justification best suits their agenda. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as there is no political ideology that satisfactorily meets all the requirements of a nation. A mixed approach is the best model, as per my personal opinion. Terrorists are nothing but pawns in a larger power struggle. The leaders of most terrorist organizations are well aware of the power of religion in indoctrinating people. I would urge you to read up on the history of Wahhabism. It will clear everything up on how religion and politics are intertwined. Case in point, the CIA-Taliban link. If you wish, I could elaborate.

Two aspects: Cheap labour and vote-bank politics. Immigrants are often willing to work for minimum wage; illegal immigrants probably for less than minimum wage. There are reasons why Obama recently announced a revised immigration order; (i) secure the immigrant/liberal vote bank (ii) ensure that democrat lobbyists benefit from the cheap, readily available human resources. What is happening in a TMC-ruled West Bengal is no different. The same trend can be witnessed all around the world, though it was the West that pioneered this tactic. It has zilch to do with ideology. Political ideologies are nothing but justifications for an agenda. How else can you explain China, a country that is politically Communist and economically Capitalist? Govts. cherry pick what ideology/justification best suits their agenda. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as there is no political ideology that satisfactorily meets all the requirements of a nation. A mixed approach is the best model, as per my personal opinion. Terrorists are nothing but pawns in a larger power struggle. The leaders of most terrorist organizations are well aware of the power of religion in indoctrinating people. I would urge you to read up on the history of Wahhabism. It will clear everything up on how religion and politics are intertwined. Case in point, the CIA-Taliban link. If you wish, I could elaborate.
Bhai - I will read about Wahabism,etc as you recommended...but my point is slightly different If I am a nation with little people from ROP ( as a %) and I know that more people from ROP MAY cause problems because of what I have already seen ( I don't want to make any sweeping statements but if I know that out of 100 people that I take into my country, one will kill 10 of my people ), then the odds are very very bad...Politics and ideology will come when your nation itself is safe... If mentioning people is offensive, let me put it differently...lets assume you have choice of importing 1000 litres of some liquid that will give some energy to your people...If you know that 1 of out of those 100 * 10 litre drums will kill 100 of your people and you don't/can't know which is the 1 drum, won't you stop the whole shipment? This 1 drum out of 100 is an example...it can be 1 out of 50, 200 or 1000...point is that you know that drums will have this killer nature....

The Hindu - #CharlieHebdo has history of angering muslims with #cartoons KC Singh (Former Diplomat) - Horrible and condemnable attack although Q arises whether satirical magazine should be satirising Prophets of any religion?

Kiran Bedi @thekiranbedi Terror-Shoot-Out sends a message: why deliberately provoke or poke? Be respectful and civil. Don't hurt people's sensitivities!
Kiran Bedi's tweet and the backlash has been covered by Firstpost.