Gunmen attack French magazine Charlie Hebdo - kill 10

diga

Sagarika Ghose ‏@sagarikaghose 1h1 hour ago Religious fanatics of all hues attack journalists as latter are sometimes the only ones left in society who raise questions #ParisShooting 0 replies 54 retweets 31 favorites vivek retweeted David B. Cohen ‏@DavidBCohen1 45m45 minutes ago @sagarikaghose Please name the fanatics of other "hues" who've killed journalists lately in the name of religion. PC=won't "raise questions"

The Hindu - #CharlieHebdo has history of angering muslims with #cartoons KC Singh (Former Diplomat) - Horrible and condemnable attack although Q arises whether satirical magazine should be satirising Prophets of any religion?
There is nothing hurtful in the cartoons, in fact there is some amount of sympathy with muslims, where the cartoonist tries to differentiate violent islam from the prophet.

These double standard echoing hypocrites are bigger threats than Islamists to civilized society. Spit full of shame on these "journalists." Even if you drop them in some ISIS hellhole, they will parrot the same bullsheet congi manifesto.

BBC and others in various nations are currently calmly talking about the 'intentionally provocative' and 'crude' nature of the magazine. And how some people are 'very sensitive' to this. Everybody is becoming desensitized: Islamists massacre 11 people with automatic rifles and we mull over the 'provocations' that must have 'driven' them to this.

Bhai - I will read about Wahabism,etc as you recommended...but my point is slightly different If I am a nation with little people from ROP ( as a %) and I know that more people from ROP MAY cause problems because of what I have already seen ( I don't want to make any sweeping statements but if I know that out of 100 people that I take into my country, one will kill 10 of my people ), then the odds are very very bad...Politics and ideology will come when your nation itself is safe... If mentioning people is offensive, let me put it differently...lets assume you have choice of importing 1000 litres of some liquid that will give some energy to your people...If you know that 1 of out of those 100 * 10 litre drums will kill 100 of your people and you don't/can't know which is the 1 drum, won't you stop the whole shipment? This 1 drum out of 100 is an example...it can be 1 out of 50, 200 or 1000...point is that you know that drums will have this killer nature....
There is a simple answer to your question, they do not care about anybody but themselves. It simply comes down to that. Nothing beyond that. As long as their interests are met, they don't care. With regards to your analogy, if I cared about my people, I'd definitely stop the shipment. But if I was a self-serving person, I'd let the shipment happen and when that one drum does kill my people, I'll start blaming everybody but myself and start crying victim. You can very much see this in practice in different parts of the world. PS: love the analogy :two_thumbs_up:

Sagarika Ghose@sagarikaghose Question for twitter: would a cartoon in an Indian magazine on Lord Rama invite an armed attack on Indian Journalists? Rana Ayyub@Rana Ayyub @Sagarikaghose we might want to remember the protests outside the Indian Express office yesterday.
So protests outside an office is equal to robbing people of their lives.
Mihir Sharma @mihirsharma Hindutvavadi nutters overjoyed they can once again point out that they have not killed as many people as Islamists. Yet.

There is nothing hurtful in the cartoons' date=' in fact there is some amount of sympathy with muslims, where the cartoonist tries to differentiate violent islam from the prophet.[/quote'] With this I agree 100%. Till this incident took place earlier in the day, I had seen just a single cartoon by this magazine on fb some days back. It showed an ISIS terrorist holding a knife to Prophet Mohammads' (SAW) neck. The Prophet (SAW) is pleading Are you crazy, I'm your Prophet. The terrorist replies Shut up you kafir. After I heard about this tragedy, I looked the net and found a few more cartoons by this magazine today. I can't understand how these are offensive to any Muslims. They simply are not. And as disturbing as the news is, what I saw on BBC was outright ridiculous. They keep mentioning every 4 sentences as to how the magazine were 'provoking' the loony/terrorist elements. They are just doing a disservice to everyone. The victims, some of whom were in their 70s. The French people, Muslims world wide and also more importantly members of the their own fraternity- the press. Awful coverage. The murderers are still at large which is quite shocking. Reflects very badly on the French Police.

What did chaddis do now??? Can we not talk about them in a separate thread. Why every time when we discuss one, we bring in the others right a way to justify? Sometimes I wonder, what the h3ck I am doing on this site. Is it really worth it. I must tell you all one thing that, however much right winged BJP and RSS appear from outside, there are groups of liberals within these organizations who constantly keep check on BJP and RSS. Lets see if there is a similar initiative on the other side. For once, be liberal and accept things.

What did chaddis do now??? Can we not talk about them in a separate thread. Why every time when we discuss one, we bring in the others right a way to justify? Sometimes I wonder, what the h3ck I am doing on this site. Is it really worth it. I must tell you all one thing that, however much right winged BJP and RSS appear from outside, there are groups of liberals within these organizations who constantly keep check on BJP and RSS. Lets see if there is a similar initiative on the other side. For once, be liberal and accept things.
This is why I started http://indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=320998 Nice to see someone else also feel the way I do... This site deserves better discussion and less of politics ( we even have political section for those discussions when they are needed)