Rate the following batsmen

Vijy

As we have seen, the trio of Vijay, Kohli and Jinks did very well. Hence, rate the batsmen below in terms of temperament (not in terms of ability alone). And the ratings can be given by taking entire career into consideration since some of them played too few innings on this tour. A) Cheteshwar Pujara B) KL Rahul C) Shikhar Dhawan D) Rohit Sharma E) Suresh Raina F) MS Dhoni G) Wriddhiman Saha H) Bhuvneshwar Kumar I) Ravichandran Ashwin My order is: A, B, D, H, C, G, F, I, E

Pujara is in class of his own. Albeit he has had Average Aus tour, he is one of the best in the world. Pujara deserves to be put in the group of Kohli-Amla-ABD Villers-Younis-Clarke-Sanga. Give him some time. He will rise up.
His Eng tour wasn't anything great either. The NZ tour was mixed, if I remember correctly. I am not writing him off. I just gave a list of names of batsmen who were less-than-stellar. Personally, I did place Chepu at the head of the list.
Pujara is in class of his own. Albeit he has had Average Aus tour, he is one of the best in the world. Pujara deserves to be put in the group of Kohli-Amla-ABD Villers-Younis-Clarke-Sanga. Give him some time. He will rise up.
We alone have 3 batsman who are class above him. So he definitely doesn't belong to the top group.If anyone potentially belongs to that level it's Rahane Great batsman don't make these excuses
We alone have 3 batsman who are class above him. So he definitely doesn't belong to the top group.If anyone potentially belongs to that level it's Rahane Great batsman don't make these excuses
We have quite a few good batsmen. Chepu has work to do.
I am not making any excuses for them. I love Rahane's style of batting and rate him pretty him. I just think Pujara is a world class player too. I am not putting them in any order. I agree Pujara has faded a bit on this tour, but still maintain that he is top class player. May be because of his gritty knocks he has played in the past. It gives me confidence that the dude will be back and isn't just few games wonder. He frankly played against tougher bowling in South Africa on tougher tracks. Again, it's boring to keep bringing back the same series, even for me, but I can't help but declare him an ordinary bat. He was just terrific in that series and showed how gritty he can be. I frankly am not ready to replace him with any other top scorer from our Ranji.

Vijy you seem to under rate Ashwin the batsman. Remember his runs at home, esp against Eng in our home series in 2012. He seems to get runs when the going gets tough. Freakish talent with the bat, great range of strokes and decent test temperament. In that list except Che and Dhoni I think he is better than the rest. Rohit and Dhawan aren't fit to play test matches.

Vijy you seem to under rate Ashwin the batsman. Remember his runs at home' date=' esp against Eng in our home series in 2012. He seems to get runs when the going gets tough. Freakish talent with the bat, great range of strokes and decent test temperament. In that list except Che and Dhoni I think he is better than the rest. Rohit and Dhawan aren't fit to play test matches.[/quote'] Ashwin had a lot of strokes, and could look Laxmanesque. In the last 2-3 series whenever I've seen him play, I feel that he's regressed quite a bit. His batting was always somewhat loose-limbed, but now he is flashing at balls that he'd defend or score runs off. I am hoping that he will rediscover his peak form. From what I saw on the Eng and Oz tours, I found BK's solidity to be more comforting.. even today as well. I am not really a Nohit fan, but I think he did "well" this Test. By "well", I mean that he scored 90-odd runs in roughly 250 balls. Yes, there were chances and he didn't look convincing. But, one could argue that he "fulfilled" the role of a No.3. I'm all for Nohit being out of the Test team, but it would be more appropriate to drop him when he's done a Raina, i.e. 2 ducks.
I am not making any excuses for them. I love Rahane's style of batting and rate him pretty him. I just think Pujara is a world class player too. I am not putting them in any order. I agree Pujara has faded a bit on this tour, but still maintain that he is top class player. May be because of his gritty knocks he has played in the past. It gives me confidence that the dude will be back and isn't just few games wonder. He frankly played against tougher bowling in South Africa on tougher tracks. Again, it's boring to keep bringing back the same series, even for me, but I can't help but declare him an ordinary bat. He was just terrific in that series and showed how gritty he can be. I frankly am not ready to replace him with any other top scorer from our Ranji.
I am not saying drop him.He is still a very good bat and great one at home.We need him in home tests definitely But that doesn't mean he belong to the top batsmen in the world.He failed in all 3 tours this year in NZL Eng and Aus. Even that 160 in Sa wasn't exactly tough either.SA nearly chased 440 on final day .This isn't to belittle that inns but to point out that could easily be a fluke knock So he still has a long way to prove overseas .I just don't agree with rating him that high.
I am not saying drop him.He is still a very good bat and great one at home.We need him in home tests definitely But that doesn't mean he belong to the top batsmen in the world.He failed in all 3 tours this year in NZL Eng and Aus. Even that 160 in Sa wasn't exactly tough either.SA nearly chased 440 on final day .This isn't to belittle that inns but to point out that could easily be a fluke knock So he still has a long way to prove overseas .I just don't agree with rating him that high.
Fair enough. I predict like Nostradmus usually and thinks that way. :)You are right in your own way to not rate him in the same class as others since he doesn't have the numbers to show yet.
Fair enough. I predict like Nostradmus usually and thinks that way. :)You are right in your own way to not rate him in the same class as others since he doesn't have the numbers to show yet.
His avg in Oz was so-so, around 33. In NZ, I think it was 15 and in Eng, around 22.

Raina ,Rohit, Dhawan does not deserve to be in the test team.They should be dropped and made to play in the Ranji Trophy.B Kumar ,Ashwin have shown talent with the bat,they should take their batting seriously.Wridhiman Saha has thrown away his chance to play in the test team.We should find a good WK batsman who can contribute with Kumar & Ashwin