Mindy Kaling - whats your opinion on her?

AmreekanDesi

Boring and unfunny...but i think she fits the white north american description of Indian girl so they find her oddly soothing. For Indians she looks more african origin for an Indian origin person than they can take. The problem is because of subtle racism in white north Americans and Indians. Many White Amerians think Indians look like this. jarwa-reserve-of-andaman-and-nicobar.jpg But many Indians want to think they look like this. zjd_1.jpg Veramindy Chokalimgam looks like this.. Mindy-Kaling-no-makeup.jpg she probably traces back her lineage to these jolly indian citizens.. probably... FL19DALIT2_1414008g.jpg you can see the problem right there..its perception/reality. i actually like the old ladies from somewhere in Tn they voted, i did not last election, they are better than me...
its ingrained into us. i will readily accept i was of the same opinion till i came to college for the US and spent a couple of years here. thankfully i am much more mature but theres still majority of indians who are very dark skinned but subconsciously believe that they are fair skinned and use all sorts of whitening creams. funniest is when they dont go out in the sun as it makes them darker :hehe: interestingly enough most of the africans (from africa) ive met are very proud and cool with ther skin color whereas its the opposite in india.

its ingrained into us. i will readily accept i was of the same opinion till i came to college for the US and spent a couple of years here. thankfully i am much more mature but theres still majority of indians who are very dark skinned but subconsciously believe that they are fair skinned and use all sorts of whitening creams. funniest is when they dont go out in the sun as it makes them darker :hehe: interestingly enough most of the africans (from africa) ive met are very proud and cool with ther skin color whereas its the opposite in india.
Yes. I find it very inspiring in the people from Africa first gen pretty strong in their roots, ( not speaking about the African origin people of Americas). But many Indians and Pakistanis god i dont understand why it should be so bad to have a dark skin boss.. trying to be white poser..just dont weak a pink shirt or tie, leave the sky blue shirts also...wear your tan happily...dont have to be proud with some brown power or crap but be happy with what god gave u.

Quite amazing that somebody who would have never found work in india other than as a unfunny caricature becomes so famous in america. Good on that country' date=' and good for her.[/quote'] +1 a lot of posters here are angry that she is representing India in a bad way and diluting "the great image" in abroad about true Indian beauty... :--D she wouldn't find work anywhere in India. Whereas wooden face Katrina Kaif is a goddess. I wonder if Katrina Kaif can start her own show in USA? kissing her white b!tch :P article-2329133-19F1127A000005DC-4_634x393.jpg

Now Priyanka Chopra is going to star in her own american tv show...Hope it bombs....there are better actors in India who deserve a big break. Now likes of Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz were international starts and made it big in Hollywood and they are talented actresses despite being sex symbols. I hope a beautiful and talented actress from India makes it big in Hollywood as well but don't want that slot to belong to plastic chopra :banghead:

Here is whwere I respect Aziz Ansari....stays away from sterotypes be it his roles or his standup....too bad he is in't that funny....has his moments but still not really that talented,but respect him for staying away from sterotypes :two_thumbs_up:

has she said anything bad about India or Indians in general or is it the way she comes across in her shows? Why so much hate? If people are stereotyping Indians based on her, then blame them unless of course she is stereotyping also.

I have seen Pooja Kumar in CSI i believe.. But i didn't know who it was then. There are lot of Indian descents act. Senthil Ramamurthy, Archie Punjabi, Kunal Nayyar, Adhir Kalyan to name a few. No big deal . Priyanka already released a crappy music video with Pitbull. In USA anyone can make it big. Kim Kardashaian.. i cringe every time the radio talk about her and her family. Another Tramp Miley cyrus. How about Iggy Azalea a talentless hack Just watch this video and listen to the song and tell me that you didn't throw up after watching. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV2uebhnqOw]Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea - Pretty Girls - YouTube[/ame]

Wow.. so many comments about her skin color, appearance.. I am so glad I dont have to deal with some of the judgemental pr!cks in my real life. As far as Mindy goes - never seen her tv show, so dont know how or bad she is as a writer/artiste. But in the many tv interviews I have seen of her, I found her to be mostly un-funny and generally not interesting. Its safe to say she got to this point in her career in large parts due to her Indian ethnicity.