1. 1.

• BJP
    • AAP
    • Congress
    • AAP + Congress
    • BJP + AAP
    • President's Rule

BJP may get majority in Delhi polls, says India TV-CVoter latest opinion poll

New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party is projected to win 37 seats, one seat more than the magical mark of 36 required for majority in the 70-seat Delhi assembly, says the latest India TV-CVoter opinion poll conducted in the fourth week of January. The Aam Aadmi Party has been projected to take second position with 28 seats, same as in December 2013, says the opinion poll conducted among 1306 randomly selected respondents. All these respondents were interviewed in the fourth week of January, says CVoter. According to CVoter, the Total Tracking Poll CATI Sample Size in January is 8064 randomly selected respondents interviewed between Jan 1 and Jan 28, the margin of error being at plus/minus 3 per cent at state level, and plus/minus 5 percent at regional level. The Congress, which ruled Delhi for 15 years at a stretch, mayl find its tally dwindling from eight last time to five this time, with 'Others' which include small parties and independents, drawing a blank. In the December 2013 assembly polls, BJP had won 31 seats, AAP 28, Congress 8 and Others 3. In vote share projections, BJP may get 45 per cent votes, closely followed by AAP with 40 per cent, Congress with 10 per cent, and 'Others' 5 per cent. In the December 2013 assembly polls, BJP had got 33 per cent votes, followed by AAP with 29 per cent, Congress 25 per cent and 'Others' 13 per cent. In the popularity stakes, 50 per cent of the respondents described former IPS officer and BJP leader Kiran Bedi as the most preferred candidate to become the next CM, with 47 per cent opting for AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal, with remaining 3 per cent undecided.
http://www.indiatvnews.com/politics/national/bjp-may-get-majority-in-delhi-polls-25514.html

Delhi BJP unit needs to be purged irrespective of the poll result...
they dont need to be purged. They need more representation from all sections of Hindu society. The BJP in Delhi need for example a Balmiki leader, they need an OBC leader. The OBC voters especially voted in large numbers for the BJP in Maharashtrea (Munde factor) and Jharkhand (which now has an OBC CM). There was tremendous SC vote in favour of the BJP in Haryana. You get a feeling the BJP Delhi is a closed shop of Baniyas and upper castes. That needs to change. At the very least you need a strong household OBC leader. Shah needs to look into that long term. If the OBCs for example had been firmly in the BJP's hand like they are in places like Chhattisgrah MP and Gujarat then this contest would have been over a long time ago. The BJP finds itself in this position in Delhi because it lacks the social base to win.

Seems to me the BJP's graph has fallen slightly since people got to know Kiran Bedi. She is definitely not suited for CM position but BJP will still win the election IMO
the modi rallies are yet to come and the RSS cadre will impact the elections by providing muscle on the ground. I dont think this survey captures that.

the modi rallies are yet to come and the RSS cadre will impact the elections by providing muscle on the ground. I dont think this survey captures that.
Getting RSS might actually work against Bedi, she is not even close to idealogy of RSS and AAP will keep questioning her on various RSS statements and she will remain as confused as she has been for the last 2 weeks.

Getting RSS might actually work against Bedi' date=' she is not even close to idealogy of RSS and AAP will keep questioning her on various RSS statements and she will remain as confused as she has been for the last 2 weeks.[/quote'] The rss wont make any statements. Not unless they believe there is merit in them in terms of political gains

BTW a lot of people from Delhi worry more about water and bijli than who appeared more beautiful on the republic day. Here are the problems that my family faces in India: * Someone from MCD (BJP run) changed water pipes across the mohallla and used a very small pipe which means that my family has not been getting more than 20% of their daily water requirements. Its been 2+ weeks and he has been visiting MCD frequently. No pvt plumber can touch it as its sarkari pipe, MCD is asking for bribe to do it and even after bribing, there is a wait. The people who were home when they came to install the pipe, got a discounted ghoos price to get the correct pipe installed the same day. BTW my family lives in South Delhi and we get 2 hrs of water a day. One hour during the day and one in the evening. Last summer they wouldnt get water for days. A large part of delhi population doesnt even get water from the pipes, they wait for tankers. This is delhi MCD. This is national capital. For congress, well I just need to say Shiela Dixit . So a lot of people in delhi are seeing these as issues. They dont care about Obama. There are many issues I can list where my father who is a retired 70yr old man had to stand in line for hours to get things done. These things are either controlled by State or MCD. Its all ****ed up. All people need for Delhi is someone who can try to help them with these basic needs.

MCD is one of the most corrupt organizations ever. I have never lived in Delhi but have spent a lot of time there with relatives/friends. Two of my really close friends live in GK - II and DefCol. They are right up there with the best localities in Delhi if you exclude places like Chanakyapuri. Both are struggling to get basic repairs done to the sewage pipes that run through their neighborhood and end up stinking blocks around for days. For a sense of perspective the homes they and their neighborhood lives in is around Rs. 10-20 Crore! You only have to imagine the life the Aam Aadmi from Delhi lives in Congress/BJP raaj.

BJP may get majority in Delhi polls' date= says India TV-CVoter latest opinion poll http://www.indiatvnews.com/politics/national/bjp-may-get-majority-in-delhi-polls-25514.html
Considering the margin for error and how opinion polls have got it wrong in the past, it still looks like an election too close to call. What seems to be almost sure is that it is a two horse race. Congress seems completely out of it. Which is a good thing. I hope that for the people of Delhi, whether BJP or AAP gets a majority, let one party/coalition get an absolute majority. And hopefully have 5 years of governance.

Considering the margin for error and how opinion polls have got it wrong in the past, it still looks like an election too close to call. What seems to be almost sure is that it is a two horse race. Congress seems completely out of it. Which is a good thing. I hope that for the people of Delhi, whether BJP or AAP gets a majority, let one party/coalition get an absolute majority. And hopefully have 5 years of governance.
agree Delhi polls surveys: BJP to get absolute majority, AAP 29 seats
BJP is projected to win 36 seats, the minimum number required to get an absolute majority in 70-member Delhi Assembly, and AAP is likely to bag 29 seats, according to The Week-IMRB opinion poll. The vote share projection for the two rival parties show a tight battle with barely 1.56 per cent of votes separating them. BJP was the choice of 39 per cent of voters, according to the survey conducted two weeks ahead of the election on February 7. It said Congress is staring at a rout and is expected to win only four seats against the eight it had won in the last election held in December 2013. BJP and AAP had then won 32 and 28 seats respectively.
- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/delhi/delhi-polls-surveys-bjp-to-get-absolute-majority-aap-29-seats/#sthash.Hx0cbh9A.dpuf

Kiran Bedi is a joke of candidate. This is a major blunder by BJP. The Naxalites have a windows now.
Yes. She seems to have a severe case of "foot-in-the-mouth" disease. Being used to giving orders all her life, she seems remarkably unsuited for politics. I guess BJP didn't ask her about her views etc before asking her to join - that was the biggest blunder. But she will still become CM because BJP will win. Dr. Harshwardhan would have been a much better candidate. Sadly he has been completely sidelined.