Delhi Assembly Elections 2015 Thread  

1. 1.

• BJP
    • AAP
    • Congress
    • AAP + Congress
    • BJP + AAP
    • President's Rule

This ad occupied half of front page of HT today - http://oi58.tinypic.com/2cprsrt.jpg Back page too dedicated to BJP.
Funding of BJPs campaign must be investigated (I know won't happen under this govt). They have taken commercialization of elections to all of different level which all started with a CM of certain state joyriding on plane openly sponsored by industrial groups for an year or so.

Funding of BJPs campaign must be investigated (I know won't happen under this govt). They have taken commercialization of elections to all of different level which all started with a CM of certain state joyriding on plane openly sponsored by industrial groups for an year or so.
He is not aam aadmi, only aam aadmi can be asked to explain

Talking about planes Arvind_Kejriwal_650_business_class_Pawan_Khera_tweet_4Dec14.jpg

isnt that the case in most democracies?

I have a basic question to all AAP supporters. Where is the money to implement what you said in your manifesto going to come from? I have read other manifestos be it congress or BJP and they do promise a lot. But AAP basically promises the moon. I can get ideas like jan lokpal statehood and corruption justice for sikh groups etc they dont need money. Thats fair enough. But stuff like 700 litres of free water? 2 lakh toilets? So many new universities and expanding old universities. There is no mention on how AAP is going to raise the money. The universities bit especially. That needs some serious money.

Unhappy with local candidate, 150 AAP members join BJP at Smriti Irani's rally

Over 150 members of Aam Aadmi Party joined BJP at a rally in Shakur Basti attended by Union Minister Smriti Irani over "resentment" against the local AAP candidate Satyendra Jain. The local joint-convener of AAP, Bhuwan Sharma led the breakaway group. Later, addressing the rally, Irani wooed the middle class by pushing forth the issues of women security, corruption, education and development while urging voters to elect Kiran Bedi. "People need a government here which will take care of women and issues of the middle class. And this can only be achieved under the leadership of Kiran Bedi. So vote for progress, employment and education," Irani said. Later, at another roadside rally at the Model Town constituency, she struggled to draw crowd as volunteers of the AAP staged a "flash mob" close to where she was adddressing. Canvassing for votes, she urged people to put an end to "instability" and to take Delhi towards the path of development by voting for Bedi. "If you want to put an end to this situation of instability, vote for Bedi. We need Bedi at the state, while Modi is at the Centre," she said. The Union HRD minister also took potshots at the Aam Aadmi Party's 49-day government in the capital. "Delhi needs a stable government which understands the problems of the people and will not run away within 49 days," Irani said. Attacking the Congress over its "unfulfilled" promises, Irani said people haven't forgotten issues of corruption and women security rampant in the capital. "There was a time when candidates used to ask for votes only to forget their promises after elections but Delhi has not forgotten those days," she said.
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-unhappy-with-local-candidate-150-aap-members-join-bjp-at-smriti-irani-s-rally-2056689

this is exactly what i fear if AAP do get into power and they cant manage to get their projects through for whatever reason they will basically shift to another party or rebel or resign. These 150 that joined the BJP will do the same when the BJP makes a decision they dont like. There is a basic lack of discipline in the party at all levels. I am not 100% certain aap will be able to see out even 5 years of governance if they do get a majority.

this is exactly what i fear if AAP do get into power and they cant manage to get their projects through for whatever reason they will basically shift to another party or rebel or resign. These 150 that joined the BJP will do the same when the BJP makes a decision they dont like. There is a basic lack of discipline in the party at all levels. I am not 100% certain aap will be able to see out even 5 years of governance if they do get a majority.
Am sick and tired of repeating myself but this exactly is their issue. Its all about symbolism and little else. When IAC happened, I was supporting Anna more than BJP. The movement was first of its kind in many decades and showed the ruling govt that people power is not to be ignored. But AAP tried to exploit it for political purposes. Which isn't a terrible thing really, but what it lacked was to "evaluate". The party just couldn't evaluate by looking at pros and cons of a particular action, instead, it threw a blind eye to what didn't interest them. Maybe they just couldn't UNDERSTAND those cons. Then it escalated to a big series of Kejriwal running at imaginary windmills and the utterly shameful incident where a CM exhorted to threaten the nation's republic day functions and block the roads. In short, the thoughts descended to "Us vs Them" from "Our policies vs Their policies". And honestly, apart from Kejriwal mumbling an apology, I don't find a single change in his attitude or outlook towards the key issues from a year back. I don't know then what use that apology was for.

I have a basic question to all AAP supporters. Where is the money to implement what you said in your manifesto going to come from? I have read other manifestos be it congress or BJP and they do promise a lot. But AAP basically promises the moon. I can get ideas like jan lokpal statehood and corruption justice for sikh groups etc they dont need money. Thats fair enough. But stuff like 700 litres of free water? 2 lakh toilets? So many new universities and expanding old universities. There is no mention on how AAP is going to raise the money. The universities bit especially. That needs some serious money.
20 colleges is what they have promised. Its quite doable. Aap is unlike other parties, they will use resources in much better and much more scientific way than bjp/Cong. India is a rich country capable of providing its people everything they require provided the leaders are honest smart and proper managers. We haven't seen that yet in India. Rahul Gandhi was not wrong when he said that poverty is a state of mind.

20 colleges is what they have promised. Its quite doable. Aap is unlike other parties, they will use resources in much better and much more scientific way than bjp/Cong. India is a rich country capable of providing its people everything they require provided the leaders are honest smart and proper managers. We haven't seen that yet in India. Rahul Gandhi was not wrong when he said that poverty is a state of mind.
How? Kindly, give me the economic details. I hope we are talking about 20 World-Class colleges. Not some apartment sized coaching centres.

Am sick and tired of repeating myself but this exactly is their issue. Its all about symbolism and little else. When IAC happened, I was supporting Anna more than BJP. The movement was first of its kind in many decades and showed the ruling govt that people power is not to be ignored. But AAP tried to exploit it for political purposes. Which isn't a terrible thing really, but what it lacked was to "evaluate". The party just couldn't evaluate by looking at pros and cons of a particular action, instead, it threw a blind eye to what didn't interest them. Maybe they just couldn't UNDERSTAND those cons. Then it escalated to a big series of Kejriwal running at imaginary windmills and the utterly shameful incident where a CM exhorted to threaten the nation's republic day functions and block the roads. In short, the thoughts descended to "Us vs Them" from "Our policies vs Their policies". And honestly, apart from Kejriwal mumbling an apology, I don't find a single change in his attitude or outlook towards the key issues from a year back. I don't know then what use that apology was for.
To be fair i dont blame Kejriwal for a command like structure. There is rarely full internal democracy in most political parties. the truth if India is riddled with parties where the behaviours is just goodagiri who dont evaluate from the sena in mumbai to the sp in uttar pradesh. So why have a go at AAP? Had i been in Kejriwals position i would have used the same tactics. For a newly formed party it was imperative they get airtime. Unfortunately shouting and doing dharnas is how you get attention. The BJP units in WB and TN are basically doing the same to gain inroads. The problem i see is, if AAP get into power the government will have to take on the opposition and their backbenchers. Kejriwal does not have a grip over his own party. Thats the impression i am getting. I would not be surprised if Kejriwal government is brought down by factions within his own party. My cousin helps out AAP in mumbai. Its basically a series of ego's clashing on a regular basis where people quit and come back in a blink of a moment.

well you firstly need (A) land , i assume that each college will be atleast 10 acres? Thats the minimum i can think of for a college. So about 200-250 acres of land in total. (B) Construction on the said land. I assume you will need labs for science and not just a normal classroom plus computer rooms etc. Those are expensive. © Staffing them with proper academics and the salaries of support staff. Lets assume each university has about 5000 students. You need an academic staff to student ratio of say 1:50?? is that fair? So you need 100*20 or about 2000 academic staff. How about AAP tone down the rhetoric have go for modest gains? Such as say 5 new colleges which are well funded and equipped? But the quoted numbers do not make any sense.

GB, Jalebi, Delhi Govt. funds 28 DU colleges partially or fully where there isn't enough reservations for students who have passed 12th class from a school located in Delhi -

Although DU is a central university, 12 colleges under it receive funds from the Delhi government — Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences, Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College and Bhagini Nivedita College, among others. Another 16 colleges under DU receive funding where the Delhi government provides 50 per cent grant for their capital work and five per cent as recurring grant, an official statement from the government said. The list of such colleges include Gargi, Kamla Nehru, Maitreyi and Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, among others.
http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/state-govt-proposes-90--quota-for-delhi-students-in-many-du-colleges/1177099/ They can simply stop this funding and use it for the proposed 20 new colleges. This would not even require cutting other expenditure when I do believe that a lot of expenditure currently is just a waste and will be cut.