World Cup Telecast/Broadcast Thread

I am surprised that they are wanting to pay $99 for online coverage of espn3. I really don't mind paying, but I rather pay to watch on tv, then online for such event. I have other jugaads, but this is foolish of them to actually not have any telecast subscription and just internet broadcast.
no channel on dishnet will show? what other jugaads?:--D

Dish had put this as a PPV on their site. ESPN will not broadcast this on their channels or through authenticated subscribers using watchespn. ESPN wants to bill again to people to watch this. Very clever move by them. Now that nearly all the US cable/satellite/Telco users are forced to pay for ESPN & finally also for watchESPN...they tell that they want separate revenue stream and don't want people to pay for this. Like they just bid for the broadcast right yesterday (btw..they got this back in 2010 or something like that). What ESPN is doing is that...they are trying to see that since the industry is forced to pay them...can now they make extra by going over the top. Soon I can see that there will be no live NBA or MLB on ESPN also....but the price of ESPN here for cable/satellite/Telco will not go down. I will not pay them extra. Will follow the scores on some non espn affiliated site. Can you guys suggest some good ones.

You will be surprised of football prices all over the world Many people I know are now using VPN and our star sports subscription because prices are best in world ..
I was in Germany for the FIFA 2014 WC and trust me it wasn't that ridiculous - 99 CND$ for a final. :giggle: I will be traveling for some days during the WC and might opt for the Star Sport subscription itself. In fact, I may not even go for a TV subscription for Star Sports for February.