World Cup Telecast/Broadcast Thread

I was in Germany for the FIFA 2014 WC and trust me it wasn't that ridiculous - 99 CND$ for a final. :giggle: I will be traveling for some days during the WC and might opt for the Star Sport subscription itself. In fact, I may not even go for a TV subscription for Star Sports for February.
Oh I know this beyond ridiculous but my point was we have cheapest service in world and people here should use it if possible :p Germany actually is one of better country for this stuff .
I was in Germany for the FIFA 2014 WC and trust me it wasn't that ridiculous - 99 CND$ for a final. :giggle: I will be traveling for some days during the WC and might opt for the Star Sport subscription itself. In fact, I may not even go for a TV subscription for Star Sports for February.
Subscription rate not yet announced right? Carlton Mid tri series itself costs 120rs so WC must be over 1000rs. If they retain Monthly sports subscription of 300 we can use the loop hole, but I guess they will exclude WC from it :--D
In the UK' date=' to watch any cricket, we have to pay a minimum of 55 pounds for a minimum tv channel bundle and the sky sports bundle with HD. I've been paying this for years. The Canadian package is still less than 2 months of cricket on sky in the UK.[/quote'] to be fair you get broadband and a telephone deal thrown in. Dont know if the USA does have bundles. I am with virgin media and pay about £60 a month for sky bundle + upto 152 mb broadband and evening and weekend calls to 01/02 numbers free + XL tv package. + included those phone rental changes. Its unfair on those who just want to watch cricket. But if you have a family with different interests it works out.
to be fair you get broadband and a telephone deal thrown in. Dont know if the USA does have bundles. I am with virgin media and pay about £60 a month for sky bundle + upto 152 mb broadband and evening and weekend calls to 01/02 numbers free + XL tv package. + included those phone rental changes. Its unfair on those who just want to watch cricket. But if you have a family with different interests it works out.
There are bundles in The U.S., but the World Cup would still be an additional charge because cricket will not be covered by any of the sports channels in their regular programming. There are some Indian channel bundles that offer Willow Tv, but apparently Willow isn't telecasting the World Cup.
shoot... my fear is coming true. 3-4 months back, there was a survey from cricinfo on how i saw my last world cup and how much i am willing to pay to watch entire world cup and so on and on.. freak, i knew this was coming.
I remember doing that survey and was kind of perplexed because they had promised that they will be showing all ICC Events along with Wc 2015. They did show the Champions Trophy last year though. This whole pricing rise reminds me of back in the days in 2004-05 when it all started and how the online streams got popular as the tv subscriptiosn from Dish Networks were very high. As much as 120 bucks per series.
Oh I know this beyond ridiculous but my point was we have cheapest service in world and people here should use it if possible :p Germany actually is one of better country for this stuff .
More than half of Youtube videos are blocked in Germany. If you torrent, rest assured that you will get a visit from the police. One of my friend (German citizen) was fined 800 EUR for downloading around 500-600GB of content. He's stupid though, shouldn't have done that but he got greedy.