Suggest sites for a new capital

surajmal

Stop derailing my thread people. This is a serious issue. Please limit the future discussion to either proposing new sites or viability of Delhi as a control center of India. Thanks.
What serious? Where is the money to spend on this? Also how do we know Kejri doesnt resign in Delhi and start dharna in new capital?

Agree' date=' Harshwardhan needs to come back... Kick out that chewt Najib Jang... Sala fecked up the administration so far.. If Bedi agrees, make her the Lt. Guv of Delhi...[/quote'] Najib Jung did a very good job as LG in this period. It is Modi Sarkar's fault for not calling for elections since coming to power 8 months ago.

As much as we blame them they Voted BJP for all 7 seats in LS2014 by very good margins. In 3rd world these freebie promises will win you elections, no big deal. Moreover they have covered lots of ground and all bar none of their top leaders are through and through Delhi so they connect well with the residents. Only problem I have is that how come they have so much liking for Kejriwal, almost 60% preferred him in TC's survey. I mean Kejriwal, seriously ?

As much as we blame them they Voted BJP for all 7 seats in LS2014 by very good margins. In 3rd world these freebie promises will win you elections, no big deal. Moreover they have covered lots of ground and all bar none of their top leaders are through and through Delhi so they connect well with the residents. Only problem I have is that how come they have so much liking for Kejriwal, almost 60% preferred him in TC's survey. I mean Kejriwal, seriously ?
He tells people what they want to hear. That's what works for him. Throw in a few filmy dialogues and portray oneself as an underdog. Bollywood does a great job in softening people's minds to this sort of non-sense.

If this thread is just a reaction to the perceived election results then :headshake: If it is a serious question irrespective of election results, then perhaps there is scope to develop a semi urban location into a capital. It can be developed as a better planned city. And Delhi could benefit from the extra space and hopefully pollution levels will go down.

That is how democracy works man. The Nehru-Gandhi family ruled India for about 40 of its first 45 years and it is not like there was no leader outside one family that was good enough to lead the country. Many a times, you can fool the poor into voting for you by bribing/showing them unrealistic dreams etc. That is just the way it is. Democracy does not mean that it is a perfect system, but the benefits outweigh the negatives. And who knows, Kejriwal might even surprise some by providing an able administration. That manifesto of course is full of bullcr@p. And they should reign in their penchant for theatrics. But apart from that, if he can truly provide a non-corrupt government, that would be a welcome change.

Fool me once...Fool me twice... Now you know who the idiots are

lol at the idiots who want to change delhi as the capital because their boy didnt sweep the elections. this city has a 10,000 year history as the center of all great pan-indian civilizations and will remain so for the next 10,000 years
what happened 10,000 yrs ago? I am asking seriously, I really dont know. Not trolling for real

lol at the idiots who want to change delhi as the capital because their boy didnt sweep the elections. this city has a 10,000 year history as the center of all great pan-indian civilizations and will remain so for the next 10,000 years
If there is any city that was the center of Indian civilization when it was at its zenith, it is Pataliputra aka Patna.

If there is any city that was the center of Indian civilization when it was at its zenith' date=' it is Pataliputra aka Patna.[/quote'] true that... delhi/indraprastha was built later according to the legends. Patna has been a centre of learning/capital of so many kingdoms/lot of buddhist influence