Suggest sites for a new capital

surajmal

Slaves can't be allowed to decide the future of an entire continent. My choice, somewhere along the Gujarat/MH border. Vijaynagar Region would've been the first choice but Southies are very good at shooting themselves in the foot and until they get out of their Dravidian BS and stop soul harvesters from getting bumper crops, they get no say in real power.

If i did go back to say 1951, i would personally have it somewhere like Nagpur which is bang in the middle or India. So it would be equidistant from most major cities. Moving capital is not a new thing if for administrative purposes. I do believe SL moved their capital from Colombo to another place 30mins car ride from Colombo. Sri Jayawardena kotte or something.

It's BJPs mistake to hold the elections so late and do nothing for the public. On top of it there's already anti incumbency due to pathetic MCD... Those Vermas, Goels, Jollys have pretty much messed up BJP in Delhi...
this... I get a feeling if the lok sabha elections are there then BJP will get the majority of seats. Problem is tier 2 leaders of the BJP in Delhi not good enough. Apart from Madan lal Khurana i dont think BJP Delhi have ever had a mass leader.

this... I get a feeling if the lok sabha elections are there then BJP will get the majority of seats. Problem is tier 2 leaders of the BJP in Delhi not good enough. Apart from Madan lal Khurana i dont think BJP Delhi have ever had a mass leader.
They had Sahb Singh Verma but unfortunately he died in a car accident. Also, the problem is they keep changing leaders - when Dr. Harshwardhan did so well despite being brought in so late in 2013, what was the need to completely ignore him this time? Also, win or lose, the biggest mistake they did was to bring in Kiran Bedi without testing her political skills somewhere.

They had Sahb Singh Verma but unfortunately he died in a car accident. Also, the problem is they keep changing leaders - when Dr. Harshwardhan did so well despite being brought in so late in 2013, what was the need to completely ignore him this time? Also, win or lose, the biggest mistake they did was to bring in Kiran Bedi without testing her political skills somewhere.
agree there. Now that the BJP have got in Bedi, they should stick with her and maybe give her BJP Delhi. Even she will learn and atleast is known to most voters. If Kejriwal slips up BJP should be in a position to cash in.

Big mistake removing Harshwardhan...Modi was actually clueless in the cabinet formation, giving multiple ministries to a minister, moving Harshwardhan to national level.. HarshW would've consolidated BJP by this time at state level...

agree there. Now that the BJP have got in Bedi, they should stick with her and maybe give her BJP Delhi. Even she will learn and atleast is known to most voters. If Kejriwal slips up BJP should be in a position to cash in.
I disagree. In this election it became quite clear that she is just not political materiel so if BJP loses then they should keep her in the party but definitely move her away from Delhi and bring back Dr. Harshwardhan. Also, if BJP loses the entire Delhi unit will (rightfully) lay the blame at the central leadership for parachuting Bedi from nowhere without even consulting them and will not at all accept her being kept in-charge despite losing to AAP.

Stop derailing my thread people. This is a serious issue. Please limit the future discussion to either proposing new sites or viability of Delhi as a control center of India. Thanks.
@Mods - plz move the OP to jokes section and remaining posts to the Delhi Assembly Elections thread. kthnxbai.

I disagree. In this election it became quite clear that she is just not political materiel so if BJP loses then they should keep her in the party but definitely move her away from Delhi and bring back Dr. Harshwardhan. Also, if BJP loses the entire Delhi unit will (rightfully) lay the blame at the central leadership for parachuting Bedi from nowhere without even consulting them and will not at all accept her being kept in-charge despite losing to AAP.
Agree, Harshwardhan needs to come back... Kick out that chewt Najib Jang... Sala fecked up the administration so far.. If Bedi agrees, make her the Lt. Guv of Delhi...