5 Saal Kejriwal

Texan

Trying to look forward positively, in the short term, at the very least, we should see a very strong Lokpal Bill introduced. Since their draft for this bill was already ready in the last assembly and this assembly is almost exclusively AAP, they should be able to pass the bill very soon. It will be interesting to see if a strong Lokpal is indeed able to curb corruption as we expect it to or if adds a hindrance to development (babus might be afraid to make decisions out of fear of being perceived as corrupt).

Trying to look forward positively' date=' in the short term, at the very least, we should see a [b']very strong Lokpal Bill introduced. Since their draft for this bill was already ready in the last assembly and this assembly is almost exclusively AAP, they should be able to pass the bill very soon. It will be interesting to see if a strong Lokpal is indeed able to curb corruption as we expect it to or if adds a hindrance to development (babus might be afraid to make decisions out of fear of being perceived as corrupt).
Now way the AAP Lokpal is passing, it won't be approved by the centre. The Delhi ACB cannot investigate Central authorities like police or DDA. I predict Kejriwal sitting on a dharna again.

Now way the AAP Lokpal is passing' date=' it won't be approved by the centre. The Delhi ACB cannot investigate Central authorities like police or DDA. I predict Kejriwal sitting on a dharna again.[/quote'] So, that one will be stuck on Delhi statehood demand too?! :facepalm:

More I think about it. More monumental this moment is. This could truly be the moment when a new party can provide the stage for people to participate in democracy. I really really hope that they don't fall into the trap again. Deliver the model governance. Show that Aam Aadmi truly can govern. Keep the over zealous elements who want to go for jihad at national stage. It is Herculean task but people of Delhi have asked for it. This was also medicine BJP needed.