BBC Greatest ODI XI

bulbul

My issues 1. WTF @ Gayle? Hayden to replace Gayle with Gilchrist to open and have Sachin at 3. 2. With all due respect to Kallis, there is no use for him that low. He is a middle order bat 3. With all due respect to Lee but a Bond, Holding or Donald are better choices. 4. Replace Lara with Ponting Leaves it with solid batting with finishing and decent bowling with an allrounder So the batting order Gilchrist Hayden Ponting Tendulkar Kallis de Villiers the bowlers

My issues 1. WTF @ Gayle? Hayden to replace Gayle with Gilchrist to open and have Sachin at 3. 2. With all due respect to Kallis, there is no use for him that low. He is a middle order bat 3. With all due respect to Lee but a Bond, Holding or Donald are better choices. 4. Replace Lara with Ponting Leaves it with solid batting with finishing and decent bowling with an allrounder So the batting order Gilchrist Hayden Ponting Tendulkar Kallis de Villiers the bowlers
welcome long time
Where is Bevan? :hmmm:
That's the issue. If you want Bevan or a Hussey for a finisher, you need to knock out a Batsman. You can't knock out Viv, Sachin or a Ponting due to them being top order bats. You can't knock out a Gilchrist because he is a keeper. Can't knock out Kallis since he is a bowling option. However I would replace de Villiers even though he is better than Bevan with Bevan. Reasoning 1 - You need a finisher. Bevan is that 2 - Extra bowling. de Villiers doesn't have that. Also Bevan adds a spinning option which is not present in the team 4 - Proven - With respect to de Villiers, we have seen what Bevan has done due to a whole career. de Villiers is still playing and is part of a glut of top-middle order bats. Bevan is a lower order batsman.