Goodbye Kumble.

gator

Kumble will not get on the flight to the Carib come march... He cant be blamed... he has not grown with the times, when the ODIs transformed from a 270 winning total to a 325 as winning total.... he was out of the picture, and he has not been able to adapt as well..... he does not get the field support that he gets in tests and he clearly has no plan and ofcourse, he cant be blamed.... Bajji and Powar will board the flight and Kumble should quit ODIs for ever graciously in the coming ODIs....

Re: Goodbye Kumble. on a side note, Powar should be given a stern message to improve his batting ..... he has the potential, but he is clearly not taking it seriously...... tht ungainly hoick when he was only 5 or so, and he should have sensibly added 30-40 runs for that 8th wicket...

Re: Goodbye Kumble.

Kumble will not get on the flight to the Carib come march... He cant be blamed... he has not grown with the times, when the ODIs transformed from a 270 winning total to a 325 as winning total.... he was out of the picture, and he has not been able to adapt as well..... he does not get the field support that he gets in tests and he clearly has no plan and ofcourse, he cant be blamed.... Bajji and Powar will board the flight and Kumble should quit ODIs for ever graciously in the coming ODIs....
Hmmm.... why is that our fellas are so impatient??? Why do you guys think its a walk in the park to just go out there and win matches day in day out? Kumble has played one game so far and you guys want him shafted :shrug: The same man was being praised in South Afica for his performances in ODI.

Re: Goodbye Kumble. this was not a comment based on his stats... it was based on his performance in odis since his comeback.... he has forgotten how to win odi matches for india.... he has worked a lot on his variations and enabled him to win us matches overseas, but that same strength has come back to be his weakness in odis.... he jus cannot perform the same choke job, he used to perform in the 90s..... he jus cannot control as before...he didnt need tht kind of control for last few years in tests, and suddenly it is unrealistic to expect him to bring it back....

Kumble if he makes it to the final 15 should thank his buddy Dravid... otherwise he shouldn't be there...
Just like Harbhy was the buddy of Ganguly. And please tell me , why Dravid didn't opt for kumble over Harbhy before.
Don't expect logical answers to that statement depsite Kumble having not figured in the ODIs for over couple of years now even under Rahul Dravid.

Re: Goodbye Kumble. in my opinion, kumble being brought in was one of the experiments that didnt work and now they jus have to move on with the satisfaction that they tried out everything instead of regretting in the middle of WC that had kumble been there, we would won some crucial match, like it happened in WC03, when lot of people pointed fingers saying, Kumble would have won the finals for us.....

Kumble if he makes it to the final 15 should thank his buddy Dravid... otherwise he shouldn't be there...
And it helps to have Vengsarkar as the head coach. Who better than a mumbai player to understand how the buddy system works?

Re: Goodbye Kumble. He failed in one match, jeez you can't just axe him like that. Think of all his experience he has more than 300 ODI wickets, they didn't just fall in his lap. Besides the administration respects him too much to pass him up, I think that powar is a very useful ODI bowler and willl be sad to see him miss out. Kumble can really tighten teh screws in teh middle order but sometimes it is easy to hit him, because he bowls wicket to wicket and relies mainly on variation of bounce and subtly -- this is very useful in the longer form of the game, but when your playing a hand-eye-coordination kinda player Kumble can really get thrashed...

He failed in one match, jeez you can't just axe him like that. Think of all his experience he has more than 300 ODI wickets, they didn't just fall in his lap.
obviously, u have not followed indian cricket close enough.... in the last 30 odis that kumble has played, he averages 43, thats right, an average of 43.... at less than a wicket per match....

Hmmm.... why is that our fellas are so impatient??? Why do you guys think its a walk in the park to just go out there and win matches day in day out? Kumble has played one game so far and you guys want him shafted :shrug: The same man was being praised in South Afica for his performances in ODI.
:hic: Ravi take no note of what I say where Kumble is involved.... My sister is a big fan of his and I am therefore supporting Bhajji... There are instances where my sister says 'oh Kumble will take those wickets and India will win the match...' And of course i cant sit still without saying ' no way, Bhajji is going to do it...' My statement has nothing to do with his performance :lol: