BuzzFeed India editor Rega Jha draws ire on Twitter for Pakistanis are 'hotter' than 'ugly' Indians remark

the don

New Delhi: Rega Jha, BuzzFeed India has drawn the ire of Twitteratis in India for saying Pakistanis are hot and Indians are ugly. As the entire country was passionately discussing the thrilling India-Pakistan World Cup encounter on Sunday, 23-year-old Rega tried to stir a controversy by giving a consolation to Pakistan as she tweeted: “it's so sad that no matter who wins, Pakistanis will continue to be way hotter than us and we'll continue to be their ugly neighbours.†The post instantly went viral and invited trouble for her from Indians who immediately took offence. Popular writer Chetan Bhagat reacted on Rega’s comments highlighting women in Pakistan being deprived of basic rights. http://www.abplive.in/lifestyle/2015/02/16/article503949.ece/BuzzFeed-India-editor-Rega-Jha-draws-ire-on-Twitter-for-Pakistanis-are-hotter-than-ugly-Indians-remark I can understand if people like chetan bhagat got trolled , but why take shots at pakistan for a tweet by a fellow Indian :facepalm:

Nothing wrong in what she said IMO. The average Pakistani is better looking than the average Indian. Plus if you notice how all the Bollywood actors come from present day Pakistan (e.g. Peshawar). But I think the responses she has received are absolutely disgusting, especially considering she is a female. But it's a tolerant country, eh? P.S. I'm not stupid enough to generalise a billion people because of what a few people did on twitter, but I'm just using some 'Kalia' logic.

Nothing wrong in what she said IMO. The average Pakistani is better looking than the average Indian. Plus if you notice how all the Bollywood actors come from present day Pakistan (e.g. Peshawar). But I think the responses she has received are absolutely disgusting, especially considering she is a female. But it's a tolerant country, eh? P.S. I'm not stupid enough to generalise a billion people because of what a few people did on twitter, but I'm just using some 'Kalia' logic.
Depends on what your parameters for "good-looking" are.

I think using the term "uglier neighbours" is probably where she crossed the line , poor choice of words but the abuse hurled at her has been totally disgusting , i agree.