What is your Internet Service Provider

Cricketics

How much is the FUP limit and what speed after FUP? What is monthly charge? For my airtel broadband, I pay 1599 per month. This includes rent for landline and 300 rupees worth talk time. As I mentioned , speed is 16 Mbps and my FUP is 50 GB ( after which speed is 1 Mbps :(( )
Rs.2500 per month. FUP is 150 GB. After FUP, I think its 8 Mbps.

How much is the FUP limit and what speed after FUP? What is monthly charge? For my airtel broadband, I pay 1599 per month. This includes rent for landline and 300 rupees worth talk time. As I mentioned , speed is 16 Mbps and my FUP is 50 GB ( after which speed is 1 Mbps :(( )
that is great plan actually ,,wish they sold it here .

What happened to Reliance Geo? 25 mbps connection with Wi fi hotspot option in different part of city will be a great option.
It was supposed to launch trial run in Mumbai from Dec 28th (IIRC Holysmoke was going to get it in the trial period). Full services will launch in few months I think.

Rs.2500 per month. FUP is 150 GB. After FUP' date=' I think its 8 Mbps.[/quote'] Thanks...price is similar then to Airtel. Some areas in Hyderabad just got 50 Mbps in Airtel ( not yet in their website ) and they were asking 2600 for 50 Mbps 170 GB ( with the landline rent and some 300 mins or so worth talktime) . However, post FUP, speed is 4 Mbps. Beam and ACT have helped spice up competition in Hyderabad and customers are benefiting. I wanted to go for 50 Mbps but I think my router and LAN card on laptop don't support the 801.ac or something ( it has 801.a/b/g and n ) and neither does my phone. One of my friends told me 50 Mbps will be useless for me as my equipment is not 'modern' :(( I did not do any research to check whether what he said is true or not. Certainly won't buy new routers/LAN cards,mobiles, etc as I am kangaal nowadays :nervous:

yeah it is bit of an anomaly' date=' must be said.[/quote'] Upload/download speeds are configurable by users ( within overall limit by ISP ). In rare cases, it might need a call to ISP. Look at my speed test result I posted and few others too...Upload is deliberately slower than download by default but we can change it.

Am not spending anything more on BSNL - Airtel people are saying that they will come to my area in 2 months - I'm suffer till then and then :bye: to BSNL forever.
i can understand that but for most purposes 4 mbps is enough and that plan is basically unlimited so if BSNL is reliable just go for it.

Thanks...price is similar then to Airtel. Some areas in Hyderabad just got 50 Mbps in Airtel ( not yet in their website ) and they were asking 2600 for 50 Mbps 170 GB ( with the landline rent and some 300 mins or so worth talktime) . However, post FUP, speed is 4 Mbps. Beam and ACT have helped spice up competition in Hyderabad and customers are benefiting. I wanted to go for 50 Mbps but I think my router and LAN card on laptop don't support the 801.ac or something ( it has 801.a/b/g and n ) and neither does my phone. One of my friends told me 50 Mbps will be useless for me as my equipment is not 'modern' :(( I did not do any research to check whether what he said is true or not. Certainly won't buy new routers/LAN cards,mobiles, etc as I am kangaal nowadays :nervous:
what ? i am 99 percent sure all of things you have can support 50 mbps .

what ? i am 99 percent sure all of things you have can support 50 mbps .
Looks like what you say is right and my friend was bluffing ( he is a childhood friend and he always does this to me :(( ). My configuration shows that I use the 802.11 g channel and it can support 54 Mbps ( I think I can change it to n also as the option is visible but will have to do on all I devices maybe ) http://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-is-the-actual-real-life-speed-of-wireless-374
Below is a breakdown of the various 802.11 WiFi standards and their corresponding maximum speeds. Theoretical wireless speeds (combined upstream and downstream) are as follows: 802.11b - 11 Mbps (2.4GHz) 802.11a - 54 Mbps (5 GHz) 802.11g - 54 Mbps (2.4GHz) 802.11n - 600 Mbps (2.4GHz and 5 GHz) - 150Mbps typical for network adapters, 300Mbps, 450Mbps, and 600Mbps speeds when bonding channels with some routers 802.11ac - 1300+Mbps (5 GHz) - newer standard that uses wider channels, QAM and spatial streams for higher throughput
Below is a breakdown of actual real-life average speeds you can expect from wireless routers within a reasonable distance, with low interference and small number of simultaneous clients: 802.11b - 2-3 Mbps downstream, up to 5-6 Mbps with some vendor-specific extensions. 802.11g - ~20 Mbps downstream 802.11n - 40-50 Mbps typical, varying greatly depending on configuration, whether it is mixed or N-only network, the number of bonded channels, etc. Specifying a channel, and using 40MHz channels can help achieve 70-80Mbps with some newer routers. Up to 100 Mbps achievable with more expensive commercial equipment with 8x8 arrays, gigabit ports, etc. 802.11ac - 70-100+ Mbps typical, higher speeds possible over short distances without many obstacles, and with newer generation 802.11ac routers.