Pak qualification scenarios

Kalia_Test

In before Guldozer and Kalia start arguing :vroam:
Nope. Nothing to argue about. The Pakistan team is playing like jokers. But what's upsetting me the most is that it's not the fact that Pakistan has a lack of good players, the problem is that Pakistan is picking the wrong players! And if there are no weather problems, all Pakistan has to do is beat the minnows to qualify I think. It was more of a do or die situation for West Indies than Pakistan to be honest.

So two of pak, windies, ireland, zimb will qualify Pakistan can still qualify by hammering the "minnows" : Ireland, Zimb, UAE provided a little bit of luck favours them. [*] Zimb/Ireland match left as well. whoever loses that will have a setback. If Zimb win that match, it will favor Pak as well. [*] If Ind/SA win against Zimb/Ireland, it will dent their NRR as well Pak still the favorites to qualify IMO. Imagine if Pak reaches the QFs, semis, and finals after this lol :woot:

Its not gonna be easy at all for PAK. They have had 2 massive defeats. Even SA dint find it easy to obliterate ZIM. I'm expecting Ireland to register an easy victory over UAE as they would be playing them in Brisbane. On current form they will be defeating ZIM as well, probably not by a huge margin. If Ireland does not botch up against SA, they look most likely to qualify. The margin of defeats of PAK has made it very difficult for them

And why is that? You mean Pakistan shouldn't be allowed to play quater-finals even if it does better than 3 other teams?
If they make it under the current system of course they should qualify. Problem is the setup of the system is wrong. Lets not forget how undeserving Pak was in 1992. Youd think ICC would learn something by now. The current system is stupid. It shouldnt be groups of 8 with top 4 qualifying. No team should have a chance to win the world cup if you lose half your games in the opening round. A better system is 4 groups of 4 top 2 qualifying.
If they make it under the current system of course they should qualify. Problem is the setup of the system is wrong. Lets not forget how undeserving Pak was in 1992. Youd think ICC would learn something by now. The current system is stupid. It shouldnt be groups of 8 with top 4 qualifying. No team should have a chance to win the world cup if you lose half your games in the opening round. A better system is 4 groups of 4 top 2 qualifying.
The 'better system' is not a better system. It was used in 2007 and we all know how that went. Two teams that deserved to qualify didn't due to 1 bad day.
If Ind loses to both SA and WI, I hope we won't have to start Ind qualification scenarios :(( SA is traditionally enjoyed upper hand over Ind in WC; while Pak has given WI confidence
We might have to do that as then we are not assured of the second spot. We won't have trouble qualifying if we lose only 2 matches :cantstop:
We might have to do that as then we are not assured of the second spot. We won't have trouble qualifying if we lose only 2 matches :cantstop:
I wouldn't fly high based on our win vs. Pak almost a week ago, and after watching what WI did to Pak, what Ire did to WI, and how Zim played against RSA We are a side that if we lose 3 quick wkts, it could almost be over. And our bowling is unpredictable. To do well in this tourney, we will have to play like a soccer team - where one person passes the baton to the next, and everyone is playing his part
I wouldn't fly high based on our win vs. Pak almost a week ago, and after watching what WI did to Pak, what Ire did to WI, and how Zim played against RSA We are a side that if we lose 3 quick wkts, it could almost be over. And our bowling is unpredictable. To do well in this tourney, we will have to play like a soccer team - where one person passes the baton to the next, and everyone is playing his part
All we have to ensure is not lose against the minnows. In fact even if we lose against SA,WI and a minnow we are still not out as we would then have to fight it out with PAK on run rate. And we have a much better run rate. So no ways are we not qualifying. But yes if we lose against SA, we have to win against WI to ensure second spot not that we still cant finish second
All we have to ensure is not lose against the minnows. In fact even if we lose against SA,WI and a minnow we are still not out as we would then have to fight it out with PAK on run rate. And we have a much better run rate. So no ways are we not qualifying. But yes if we lose against SA, we have to win against WI to ensure second spot not that we still cant finish second
Agree - but a thought crossed my mind that what if Ind, Pak and UAE (Asian early exit) don't qualify, and SA, WI, IRE and Zim make it. In this scenario, our win over Pak doesn't matter in the overall equation. As they say, cric is a funny game :cantstop: