Pak qualification scenarios

Kalia_Test

Yeah we lost 1 ODI and 1 test. I know Pakistan has lost 2 matches but it should still comfortably beat the minnows. Surely the team is not that bad?
NO...you lost whole series. EDIT i was obviously wrong :P but still it was very very close series and honestly zimbabwe look more comfortable in these conditions specially their batting
We will see on the 1st of March. :icflove:
pak are favorites but i would not really predict it will be very comfortable wins against all 3 minnows for team like pak who are in alien conditions and obviously on their day are better than any of those side but chances are they will have 1 off day in next 4 games.
Yeah we lost 1 ODI and 1 test. I know Pakistan has lost 2 matches but it should still comfortably beat the minnows. Surely the team is not that bad?
Pakistan has to my knowledge only scored over 300 in a world cup 1 time....against Kenya. UAE, Zimb, Ireland have all either done so or come extremely close.
Well when the team manages to produce scores like 1-4 even the most patriotic of fans would have a laugh.
:hatsoff: to a sane fan who understands ebbs and flows. Pak may get KO'd in round 1 and so what, right? They will keep playing in a few weeks. We have had bad WCs, India have had too. All sides have (sans Aus, I think).
:hatsoff: to a sane fan who understands ebbs and flows. Pak may get KO'd in round 1 and so what, right? They will keep playing in a few weeks. We have had bad WCs, India have had too. All sides have (sans Aus, I think).
This is the same "sane fan" who says he wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan beats South Africa.
This is the same "sane fan" who says he wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan beats South Africa.
Yes because Pakistan has done it in the past. Pakistan lost 4-1 to SA in UAE and a few days later won the ODI series in SA 2-1. Pakistan started both the 92 and 09 tournaments but ended up winning them. So from that point of view, I won't be surprised. Nowhere did I say Pakistan are favourites.
Yes because Pakistan has done it in the past. Pakistan lost 4-1 to SA in UAE and a few days later won the ODI series in SA 2-1. Pakistan started both the 92 and 09 tournaments but ended up winning them. So from that point of view, I won't be surprised. Nowhere did I say Pakistan are favourites.
India was almost as bad as Pakistan (I might be taking it a little too far, after all how can any team be as bad as them?!) at the start of this world cup. Now after their win over South Africa they are looking to stroll into the semi-finals. So beating the third best team in the tournament (especially when the second - New Zealand - and third best team have little difference in ability) is a pretty big thing. Also, practically every single team has beaten every other team in an ODI. Just because they did is once out of numerous matches played means nothing.