What's going on with the Scots?

Zero_Unit

I was curious about Scotland's cricket history and what I found was a bit shocking. These nut bag of a team has appeared in world cups since 1999 - same time as Bangladesh when both were associates. Even after all these years of cricket, their team is no where close to the likes of BD/ZIM and can barely win against the likes of Afg/Ire. Am I missing something here? Why haven't they improved at all?

Scotland dont exist, the correct term is England North. On a serious note, they are a decent team. Batting wise about as good as Ireland if I'm honest. Problem is like all Scottish/North English teams they cant hack pressure. Machan, Macleod,Coetzer,Mommsen are all excellent players trust me, I just hope they show their true potential. Also, their games vs NZ and Afg were played on very unfriendly conditions for batting. Plus they can compete with Ireland and Afghanistan. They bowled the Afghans out for 70 last month in Dubai, and destroyed Ireland by 200 runs in the first warm-up. In fact, they have improved MASSIVELY in the past 6 months. In summer the got absolutely destroyed by NZ A at home in a series, but Collingwood has done a great job behind the scenes as has Brantbutn or whatever his name is. Still could upset a team, but they have to avoid their North English bottling tendencies to do so

I think they got a pretty decent bowling attack from what I have seen. They just need little push and some help. I remember them from 1999 world cup and feel they have lacked far behind from some one like Ireland. Hopefully they will get better. I think Collingwood in the support staff is much better for them now.

Scotland dont exist, the correct term is England North. On a serious note, they are a decent team. Batting wise about as good as Ireland if I'm honest. Problem is like all Scottish/North English teams they cant hack pressure. Machan, Macleod,Coetzer,Mommsen are all excellent players trust me, I just hope they show their true potential. Also, their games vs NZ and Afg were played on very unfriendly conditions for batting. Plus they can compete with Ireland and Afghanistan. They bowled the Afghans out for 70 last month in Dubai, and destroyed Ireland by 200 runs in the first warm-up. In fact, they have improved MASSIVELY in the past 6 months. In summer the got absolutely destroyed by NZ A at home in a series, but Collingwood has done a great job behind the scenes as has Brantbutn or whatever his name is. Still could upset a team, but they have to avoid their North English bottling tendencies to do so
ur from padosi land :woot: welcome :bow: