With new ECB chairman, Kevin Pietersen may get a new life

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/with-new-ecb-chairman-kevin-pietersen-may-get-a-new-life/ National selector James Whitaker had said there was no way “Pietersen will ever get back into an England team†but Graves refused to rule out his return. The first thing he has to do if he wants to get back is start playing county cricket,†Graves told the BBC. “The selectors and the coaches are not going to pick him if he’s not playing, it’s as simple as that. “At the end of the day it’s down to the selectors and coaches and what they feel is best for English cricket. “They will make the decisions and I will support them when it comes to that decision.†ECB managing director Paul Downton said in December that too many “bridges had been burnt†but former captain Michael Vaughan said the their decision to continually overlook Pietersen should be addressed. “The ECB hate anyone talking about the Pietersen factor and have successfully managed to ensure the mainstream media do not bring him up, but there is no doubt he should be batting in this team,†Vaughan said in the Daily Telegraph after England succumbed to an abject eight-wicket defeat against New Zealand last month.
If KP comes back we will again lose our home series to Poms. Pray that he never comes back and Anderson' date='Cook,Ali get injured b4 their next tour here.[/quote'] Dont think so. Ashwin, Jadeja were inexperienced back then. In fact, Swann and Panesar were lot more experienced in tests. Hence, they outbowled Indians. Even many of our batsmen were out of form and on the verge of retirement like Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj etc. The present side will steam roll Eng in India.

Colin Graves seems like a well disciplined, professional, no nonsense man, A perfect choice to lead England back to relevance. I loved how he made it clear and didnt beat around the bush "The first thing he has to do if he wants to get back is start playing county cricket,” Graves told the BBC. “The selectors and the coaches are not going to pick him if he’s not playing, it’s as simple as that." The only problem is that Moores and Downton still remain. I personally, as a cricket tragic, wish to see Kapes end hus career in an honourable way. I still wish he had never published that autobiography. Maybe the bleeding wouldnt be so deep... he should not have given them(ECB) further ammunition to justify their decisionin sacking him. The "KP" autobiography and his constant twitter posts are doing just that. It would have been better to stay a victim and earn sympathy. KP had every right to speak his mind, but in this sense i feel it was ill-timed.

Dont think so. Ashwin, Jadeja were inexperienced back then. In fact, Swann and Panesar were lot more experienced in tests. Hence, they outbowled Indians. Even many of our batsmen were out of form and on the verge of retirement like Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj etc. The present side will steam roll Eng in India.
Agree.we had too many passengers in batting and bowling department like sachin,sehwag,yuvi,zak,Pishant.This Time the pace bowling and batting looks lot stronger
He is horribly out of form without any match practice.he'll have to work hard to get back if the board agrees to be even with him. Even in the current scenario he is a far better option than ali,ballance,bopara in the squad
Why bother about it though? He was never going to play world cup anyway if you remember? He only liked t20 and test cricket and not 50 overs. So why the whole drama about it right now when England team is losing.
Vaughan wants Pietersen to quit IPL and play county cricket http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/70629/vaughan-wants-pietersen-to-quit-ipl-and-play-county-cricket "You say it for a while you want to play for England - prove it!" Vaughan told BBC Radio 5 Live. "Give up your IPL deal, go and play for, say, Surrey - freezing cold away at Derby. "If Kevin is going to do exactly what he's been saying and he's desperate to play [for England], he will play county cricket and I will pretty much guarantee that he will score plenty of runs doing it." Meanwhile, another former England captain Nasser Hussain doesn't believe taking Pietersen back will help English cricket as he was past his prime. "I've always believed in picking the best side, then managing it," Hussain said in the Daily Mail. "But I feel there's too much baggage with KP now. "Also, he's not the player he once was. If he was 24, rather than 34, you might give him another go. "The focus should be on England's one-day team, not Pietersen."