Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

but why not wait? Is there something stopping you from waiting?
Wait for what? If you think the SC of India would base its judgement on a documentary you does not have any trust in the legal system of India. Besides, there is nothing in the documentary that would swing public sentiment towards the rapists. That argument is just childish whoever made it.

Wait for what? If you think the SC of India would base its judgement on a documentary you does not have any trust in the legal system of India. Besides' date= there is nothing in the documentary that would swing public sentiment towards the rapists. That argument is just childish whoever made it.http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Delhi-high-court-upholds-ban-on-telecast-of-Nirbhaya-documentary/articleshow/46454887.cms this is the judiciary right?
If you are so sure of the judiciary, why did the Delhi high court grant the government the right to ban this documentary?

Who are you to judge this man?
The man has given clear consent in the documentary to reveal her name. I am just speculating the cause for his change of stance now. One can not rule out political pressure, after the way the home minister of India is making ridiculous statements. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Govt-serves-legal-notice-to-BBC-for-airing-Nirbhaya-film-Indias-Daughter-Cong-BJP-spar/articleshow/46468604.cms

If you are so sure of the judiciary, why did the Delhi high court grant the government the right to ban this documentary? http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Delhi-high-court-upholds-ban-on-telecast-of-Nirbhaya-documentary/articleshow/46454887.cms this is the judiciary right?
Apples and oranges. I may or may not agree to a court order, that is a different issue. However I am pretty sure that a court judgement is not influenced by a BBC documentary.

The man has given clear consent in the documentary to reveal her name. I am just speculating the cause for his change of stance now. One can not rule out political pressure, after the way the home minister of India is making ridiculous statements. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Govt-serves-legal-notice-to-BBC-for-airing-Nirbhaya-film-Indias-Daughter-Cong-BJP-spar/articleshow/46468604.cms
can you provide me with a link? I have read he supports the documentary but not revealing her name.

Apples and oranges. I may or may not agree to a court order' date=' that is a different issue. However I am pretty sure that a court judgement is not influenced by a BBC documentary.[/quote'] it does becomes a case of trial by media. Its not that its a documentary , its that its being discussed all over the place. OJ simpson walked on a similar ground.

can you provide me with a link? I have read he supports the documentary but not revealing her name.
Go to 56:00
"Our daughter's name is Jyoti Singh. We have no problem in revealing her name. In fact we are happy to reveal it."

it does becomes a case of trial by media. Its not that its a documentary ' date=' its that its being discussed all over the place. OJ simpson walked on a similar ground.[/quote'] I am sure you have not watched the documentary. There is nothing in it that might even remotely force the SC to commute his death sentence. The pressure from the media and the civil society has actually helped in the case, otherwise we wouldn't have had such a fast trial.

Go to 56:00
"Our daughter's name is Jyoti Singh. We have no problem in revealing her name. In fact we are happy to reveal it."
Ok you are right on the name. Where does he say its ok to reveal her photo?

infact looking at that statement, all he says is the name of my daughter is jyoti singh and i have no issue revealing her name. That does not prove anything. For all you know Leslie Udwin went there and asked him to confirm that it was his daughter who was brutally raped. No where does he say he is ok with the documentary maker actually making public the name in the media. So your telling me the indian media have been calling her Nirbhaya, and this British documentary maker is calling her Jyoti Singh, whats so special about the documentary maker? you think Indian journos did not know her name?

infact looking at that statement, all he says is the name of my daughter is jyoti singh and i have no issue revealing her name. That does not prove anything. For all you know Leslie Udwin went there and asked him to confirm that it was his daughter who was brutally raped. No where does he say he is ok with the documentary maker actually making public the name in the media. So your telling me the indian media have been calling her Nirbhaya, and this British documentary maker is calling her Jyoti Singh, whats so special about the documentary maker? you think Indian journos did not know her name?
Not sold on BBC's reason for airing the documentary...a peek into the psyche of a rapist, they said? They had to come all the way to India for that

and re watching it again that dont really show him speaking those words. All i see are images of a body of water followed by some flowers and a deep being lit and a voice (supposedly of the father) saying those words If he has explicitly allowed you the right to use her name, why not show him actually saying it? Ie his lips moving and all.

What are your thoughts on the - "Criminals should not be given air time"? I think there's some merit in that point. The logic to not air because you need a "nationalist" certificate is clearly ridiculous.
I don't think there is unless there is a clear case of the criminal using the air time to instigate more crime. That is certainly not the case here, where the guy and his lawyers come across as pathetic and retarded fecks.

and re watching it again that dont really show him speaking those words. All i see are images of a body of water followed by some flowers and a deep being lit and a voice (supposedly of the father) saying those words If he has explicitly allowed you the right to use her name, why not show him actually saying it? Ie his lips moving and all.
You are clutching at straws on that. I am sure if they have his voice, they have him on video too.