Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

It's not a debate about how India will be viewed in Western countries. Indians should care two hoots about that. It's a debate about giving a voice to the rapist and not respecting the victim. Her family members would feel horrible with people showing the justification of the crime and more disrespect shown to the victim when they are grieving. Let there be a documentary that is less personal and more social.

In that interview he says in the future rapists will kill any girl they find rather than letting them go..... and thats exactly what is going to happen. Its the case in the UK for sure whereby most rape victims end up dead. You want more girls dead? If i am a rapists that is the strategic message i will take from this. Its practical advise. So instead of a girl being raped. A girl will be raped and killed.
SEriously...you think the future of rape victims will be decided by the views of a rapist. So you want the nation to tke advice from a rapist. So the death penalty for brutal rapes should be abolished?This is something even the Human Rights activist have been saying...that death penalty will increase rape deaths....it is not something new....The documentary doesn't say anything that hasn't been said already. There were people who were against hanging Kasab because it would result in more terrorist revenge attacks.

It's not a debate about how India will be viewed in Western countries. Indians should care two hoots about that. It's a debate about giving a voice to the rapist and not respecting the victim. Her family members would feel horrible with people showing the justification of the crime and more disrespect shown to the victim when they are grieving. Let there be a documentary that is less personal and more social.
This is not new to them...they have already heard all this during the trial.The father of the victim was shown the documentary.He has seen it.The mother chose not to see it .

SEriously...you think the future of rape victims will be decided by the views of a rapist. So you want the nation to tke advice from a rapist. So the death penalty for brutal rapes should be abolished?This is something even the Human Rights activist have been saying...that death penalty will increase rape deaths....it is not something new....The documentary doesn't say anything that hasn't been said already. There were people who were against hanging Kasab because it would result in more terrorist revenge attacks.
I want this loser rapist hung and tortured in the most gruesome manner. But think about it objectively. a lot of rapists are serial offenders. Ie they rape again and again. They will most certainly take his advise about not keeping the victim alive. It is exactly what happens in the west in many cases. If this documentary does not say anything which has not been said, why are you so agitated?

Does anyone know on what basis the honourable court banned the documentary? The link in OP is not clear. Does it see any risk of violence, security threat? I can't see any but would like to know on what basis the honourable court passed the order. Ignorant of the basis of the court's order, I see no issue in the documentary. Why can't the people opposing this documentary ( which is reporting the views of a rapist ) create another documentary with interviews of people that respect women,etc? Let us not be medieval and ban things ( I am saying this even though I have seen this frigging BBC doing nothing about rapes and crimes in its own nation while running around for opportunities to 'highlight' other nation problems ). I am with all the female members of ICF ( Mariyam, Radhika,etc). We ICFers understand how anguished you are. Women members of ICF...we ICFers atleast are with you :nice:...

not really I mean killing would have meant slitting her throat. They tortured her in the most gruesome manner. there is a case in the UK right now where a person was killed by her step brother (allegaely) after being raped with the body cut in parts and dumped into the woods. That is exactly what if going to happen. If i am a rapist there is no way i am leaving a body around.
They pulled out her intestine though her genitals using an iron rod.That is not called 'leaving alive'. The ones who want to kill are already killing. Not all rapists are killers.....it is not necessary that any one who can rape can also have it in him to kill. Death punishment may put the fear of death in the ones who do not think of rape as a serious crime.It may make them realize it is not worth hanging by the neck.The brutal criminals may continue to kill.....as they are.

Free press, no Free twitter, no Free cartoons, no Free movies, no Now for this case, why did they give permission for interview if they were not comfortable rapist telling what he really thinks? Why cant they allow it to be aired after 10PM and let people see the thinking of a rapist and introspect. I have myself heard and have also mentioned it on this forum itself, I heard a guy passing a comment to a girl wearing normal clothes (Jeans and T Shirt) "Aise kapday pehenke ghoomti hain, fir kehti hain baladhkaar ho gaya", most men laughed out loud at it. I didnt think it was a joke, many of us think that women who come out of the house and wear clothes of their choice deserve it, let those people see what their thinking can do to their daughters, wives, mothers and sisters.

Does anyone know on what basis the honourable court banned the documentary? The link in OP is not clear. Does it see any risk of violence, security threat? I can't see any but would like to know on what basis the honourable court passed the order. Ignorant of the basis of the court's order, I see no issue in the documentary. Why can't the people opposing this documentary ( which is reporting the views of a rapist ) create another documentary with interviews of people that respect women,etc? Let us not be medieval and ban things ( I am saying this even though I have seen this frigging BBC doing nothing about rapes and crimes in its own nation while running around for opportunities to 'highlight' other nation problems ). I am with all the female members of ICF ( Mariyam, Radhika,etc). We ICFers understand how anguished you are. Women members of ICF...we ICFers atleast are with you :nice:...
I think the govt used some regulation loop hole.I am not sure.

it does not all it is , is a 16 hour view of the rapist and his lawyer. So it has not done a good job based on your metric. Lets also keep in mind that the film-maker does not know how to talk in Hindi , so many things could have been lost in translation.
Even if it is a 16 hour marathon on bbc, if presented the right way, people with regressive views can be shamed into thinking about why they share a common viewpoint with a brutal rapist.

They pulled out her intestine though her genitals using an iron rod.That is not called 'leaving alive'. The ones who want to kill are already killing. Not all rapists are killers.....it is not necessary that any one who can rape can also have it in him to kill. Death punishment may put the fear of death in the ones who do not think of rape as a serious crime.It may make them realize it is not worth hanging by the neck.The brutal criminals may continue to kill.....as they are.
I support the death punishment. Have always. The person in question is on course to be hanged. Now i would like to see this happen swiftly, so i will back fast track courts. That intestine thing, lets be fair there were much easier and sure shot ways to kill her. It was just torture . Its really easy if your end game is to kill somebody.

Even if it is a 16 hour marathon on bbc' date=' if presented the right way, people with[b'] regressive views can be shamed into thinking about why they share a common viewpoint with a brutal rapist.
you think our MSM have not done that? You need a BBC documentary to tell you that? Keep in mind, i am in favour of them broadcasting this, simply because the film maker has done everything legally with paperwork. Why should she be denied the right to broadcast when the Home Ministry under Shinde was basically incompetent?

I want this loser rapist hung and tortured in the most gruesome manner. But think about it objectively. a lot of rapists are serial offenders. Ie they rape again and again. They will most certainly take his advise about not keeping the victim alive. It is exactly what happens in the west in many cases. If this documentary does not say anything which has not been said, why are you so agitated?
This comment was in response to the your argument that this will result in rapist killing victims(I am assuming you wrote that because that is what the rapist said in the interview...that death penalty for guys like him will result in killing more victims). The outrage is for the khap mentality of the esteemed parliamentarians that we need to keep this out of public eye because it will hurt our reputation....just like the elders in the country who like to keep 'dishonorable things 'away from public ye.

An interview which will defame India internationally is totally unacceptable : Venkaiah Naidu on Nirbhaya documentary Yup, its the interview, and not the very high number of rapes, that will defame India.
yes when women a getting raped everyday then there is no defamation? What about the dowry deaths and what about the foreigners getting rapes. This documentary is not the first time people will hear rape and India in the same sentence. Should people also ban documentaries about discrimination based on caste or religion? These morons cant stop their own partymen from making embarrassing statements or share the stage with people who do and then they come out and talk about defaming India

I support the death punishment. Have always. The person in question is on course to be hanged. Now i would like to see this happen swiftly, so i will back fast track courts. That intestine thing, lets be fair there were much easier and sure shot ways to kill her. It was just torture . Its really easy if your end game is to kill somebody.
They threw them on the road and did try to run them over by their bus...from what I remember of the 'friends' interview.

An interview which will defame India internationally is totally unacceptable : Venkaiah Naidu on Nirbhaya documentary
Effing right wingers....they can wear any sheeps clothing...they will always have the khap and Talibani mentality. What a waste of my vote.

This comment was in response to the your argument that this will result in rapist killing victims(I am assuming you wrote that because that is what the rapist said in the interview...that death penalty for guys like him will result in killing more victims). The outrage is for the khap mentality of the esteemed parliamentarians that we need to keep this out of public eye because it will hurt our reputation....just like the elders in the country who like to keep 'dishonorable things 'away from public ye.
What i am saying is, this guy should never have been interviewed in the first place. I am not saying he should not be hanged. Allowing him to broadcast his thoughts will make many rapists aware of the pitfalls of keeping their victims alive in any state. But now that access has been granted and its going to be shown anyway, I feel it should be allowed to be broadcast in India because the film maker is not to blame for the home ministry being incompetent. Furthermore I believe this is going to impact India in a social and financial capacity. I see no point in shedding light in this manner on a subject most in the mainstream media and bulk of society already consider a deadly menace.
That is my stance.

People here seem to be living in some sort of LALA land where airing an interview showing the real view of a criminal is supposed to open people's eyes and what not. However here is the reality 1) Criminals thrive on such kind of exposure. They love this. They are not going to look at this guy's interview and think, sh!t, he was wrong.They are just going to say, "hey he did this and was on TV and is world famous. Let me do this too" 2) The west has already experimented with such things in the past. Interviews with Ted Bundy and other brutal killers. What happened? These killers became celebrities, youngsters tried to be their 'fans' and many other killers were motivated 3) The misogyny against women is not going to be solved by sticking a guy on TV. In fact, confirmation bias and backfire effect will only mean that people who already hold such views will sympathize with the criminal and ask for leniency. Studies have shown that when people see someone on TV they identify with his views even if they are 100% wrong. TLDR; Sticking a criminal on TV and making him famous is the last thing you want in such cases. It has always backfired and always will. People who think this is the way to expose anything have no clue how the human mind works.

People here seem to be living in some sort of LALA land where airing an interview showing the real view of a criminal is supposed to open people's eyes and what not. However here is the reality 1) Criminals thrive on such kind of exposure. They love this. They are not going to look at this guy's interview and think, sh!t, he was wrong.They are just going to say, "hey he did this and was on TV and is world famous. Let me do this too" 2) The west has already experimented with such things in the past. Interviews with Ted Bundy and other brutal killers. What happened? These killers became celebrities, youngsters tried to be their 'fans' and many other killers were motivated 3) The misogyny against women is not going to be solved by sticking a guy on TV. In fact, confirmation bias and backfire effect will only mean that people who already hold such views will sympathize with the criminal and ask for leniency. Studies have shown that when people see someone on TV they identify with his views even if they are 100% wrong. TLDR; Sticking a criminal on TV and making him famous is the last thing you want in such cases. It has always backfired and always will. People who think this is the way to expose anything have no clue how the human mind works.
+1

B_O4F0FUoAAMZOk.jpg As usual classy from NDTV :finger:
this is exactly what this is about for NDTV BBC to is going to make $$$$$$ on this, (not in the UK as there is a broadcast fee) but on BBC worldwide. This was never really about the victim. Now if they share the proceeds of this with the family and/or women's initiatives then fair enough.