Tendulkar at his peak

Here is a thing to consider: Tendulkar debuted as a sixteen year old and took some time to become an ATG player. Then he played for a couple of years past his best. These two things impacted his record. But one thing to consider- Tendulkar had jaw-dropping numbers for most of his career. If one considers a 'normal' cricketing span - such as players who show up as a finished product at the age of 20/21 ( Ponting, Inzamam, etc) and retire at 37/38, here is a startling fact: Tendulkar between January 1993 and January 2011 ( that is 18 years), had this record: Tests: 157 innings: 259 Not outs: 30 Runs: 13607 Average: 59.41 Centuries: 47 Fifties: 55 Record at home : 6536 runs @ 57.33, 22 centuries, 27 fifties Record away: 7071 runs @ 61.48, 25 centuries, 28 fifties lowest average : 44.66 in Paksitan, averaged 60+ in Aus, Bangladesh, SL and England, Averaged 50-60 in India, New Zealand and South Africa, averaged 45+in West Indies and Zimbabwe. Quite stunning.

Why does he get all concessions from his worshippers, he played from 1989 to 2013. Nobody forced him to play that early nor asked him to play that long. If he was so great how come he never scored 500 runs in a series nor score hundreds in each innings nor any of those amazing feats done by superman to help his team win. He was a genius but due to his early start he never learnt art of scoring huge scores that is fact.It took him a decade to score a double hundred.

Why does he get all concessions from his worshippers, he played from 1989 to 2013. Nobody forced him to play that early nor asked him to play that long. If he was so great how come he never scored 500 runs in a series nor score hundreds in each innings nor any of those amazing feats done by superman to help his team win. He was a genius but due to his early start he never learnt art of scoring huge scores that is fact.It took him a decade to score a double hundred.
Are you 8 years old, because you don't seem to have any clue about what cricket was like more than 5 years ago. You know who did do all those things you seem to consider so important? Vinod Kambli. The guy who hardly anyone even remembers anymore. Tendulkar's play was even more amazing because in the 90s he was literally India's only decent batsman. Every bowler in every team was gunning for his wicket because they knew the moment they got it the Indian batting would collapse. The fact that he performed despite such tremendous pressure and still had world leading batting is amazing.
Thats a silly argument. You are 16, you get selected to a national team...you are gonna say ' no, I am bot atg level yet, so sorry, select me in 5 years ?' And you dont expect a 16 year old boy to not have the kind of numbera a 21 year old man ? Which planet are you from ? Similarly, I exclude his last couple of years from statistical discussions necause it wasnt a long protracted slump, he suddenly lost it coz he got old. You mean to say that if I play for 15 years as #1, then another 15 years as an old man scoring 20s, coz I dont wanna quit, it makes me a lesser player overall ? Thats again, illogical. As for not scpring 500 runs in a series, very few people scored 500 runs in less than 8 innings and because india rarely played a 5 test series, tendy rarely batted more than 6 or 7 times a series. As opposed to lara, who batted 9 or 10 times a series for almost all the series he played vs england, australia and saffies. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
Burnol will help :agree: