Why Ashwin will be a better captain than Kohli

Ashwin ran through a bad patch recently and it lasted for far too long. Imagine, him being a captain during that kind of patch. I wouldnt risk it. Kohli might not be the right candidate.. but he is the best option. However, soon we will have ego clash in the team. Kohli/RoSharma/Dhawan/Jaddu has that ego in them. IPL makes it worst.. Rahane could be another option.

2 things that don't go in his side 1. When Jaddu starts performing Ashwin can easily find himself out of the team. So not a 100% fixed name on the team-sheet. 2. Pathetic fielder (except slip catching) by the current standards.
That is why Vice captain is an excellent choice for him. In case Virat sits out i would prefer him to lead provided he is in the playing XI.

kumble had a very dominating personality in the indian team camp. ganguly dravid and vvs looked at him as his equal. sachin gave a lot of respect. harbhajan was quiet as a mouse next to him. ashwin doesnt. he is like a side character. i dont think kohli looks at him as an equal. there is no comparison b/w both personalities

My logic has always been that in order to be captain you should be among the first 3 names on the sheet and hance a starter in all conditions ashwin doesn't fulfill that test
Only Kohli and Rahane fulfill that requirement :winky: . Everyone else blows hot and cold. Rahane is a meek guy who might not have any power to control these guys. Last thing our fast bowlers need is burden of captaincy. That leaves us with batsmen and spinners. Yes we are not exactly blessed with many choices.
Only Kohli and Rahane fulfill that requirement :winky: . Everyone else blows hot and cold. Rahane is a meek guy who might not have any power to control these guys. Last thing our fast bowlers need is burden of captaincy. That leaves us with batsmen and spinners. Yes we are not exactly blessed with many choices.
Dravid was similar and he was the best captain had in test cricket in last 2 decades . So not sure about that assumption .
Ashwin ran through a bad patch recently and it lasted for far too long. Imagine, him being a captain during that kind of patch. I wouldnt risk it. Kohli might not be the right candidate.. but he is the best option. However, soon we will have ego clash in the team. Kohli/RoSharma/Dhawan/Jaddu has that ego in them. IPL makes it worst.. Rahane could be another option.
Dhawan is cool

There's always these one or two writers who think they know better than the rest while all they try and do is suggest something stupid. Absolute BS. Kohli not only batted well but led one of the best displays by Indian test team away since 2011 (lords test aside). For the first time it looked like the team was out there to win and not just go through the motions.

Lol, what a joke post. How many wicketkeepers in history average over 38 in test cricket and over 50 in ODI cricket? Not to mention having captained the team to three ICC trophies and test no1 ranking?
The post was not to criticize Dhoni... It was a reply to mishagreat that said "Ashwin being captain will be unfair to players like Axar Patel,Ojha or other spinners as they wont have any motivation to do better"

Well from the comments he makes in the media Ashwin is just bizarre. Talks too much about himself and seems not to be concerned about the team as a whole. As an objective neutral I would say Rahane is best choice as captain. He has a good tempermant mixing aggression with calmness and seems very grounded.

kumble had a very dominating personality in the indian team camp. ganguly dravid and vvs looked at him as his equal. sachin gave a lot of respect. harbhajan was quiet as a mouse next to him. ashwin doesnt. he is like a side character. i dont think kohli looks at him as an equal. there is no comparison b/w both personalities
Any link that talks about it mate? How is Ashwin a side character (I doubt this Kohli guy looks at anyone as his equal :giggle: ) Dunno whether Ashwin is captaincy material or not? But when Dhoni retires, next to Kohli, he is the name that comes to everyone's mind for captaincy.
Any link that talks about it mate? How is Ashwin a side character (I doubt this Kohli guy looks at anyone as his equal :giggle: ) Dunno whether Ashwin is captaincy material or not? But when Dhoni retires, next to Kohli, he is the name that comes to everyone's mind for captaincy.
Its Anushka :nice: