The Great History Of Paki Cricket - What LEGENDS!

Chaos

Re: The Great History Of Paki Cricket - What LEGENDS!

I disagree... Sachin is probably the best cricketer to come out of the subcontinent and not Imran. Although imran got pak a world cup
I'd have to disagree with that. In the end, bowlers will win you more test matches than a batsman. Imran in his last 50 tests averaged 51 with the bat and 20 with the ball. Sachin is definitely the best Indian cricketer in history, and I'd put him third in all time subcontinent list (Imran, Murali, Sachin).

Anyway, as I've said Pakistan has an envious history mainly due to their fast bowling. The main problem with Pakistan is their board and the corruption in the domestic system. Hanif Mohammad started the tradition of great Pakistani batting, but they didn't really have any great fast bowlers until Nawaz came along. After that it was Imran (best cricketer to ever come out of the subcontinent), and then the duo of Wasim and Waqar. Shoaib could have been a great, but the injuries have limited him. Asif is the new guy that could go on to be one of the greats in the already crowded pantheon of Pakistani cricketers. India on the other hand, had always had a great batting tradition. It all started with Ranji and playing for England but India has always prided itself on having at least one great batsman. Merchant in the pre-war years was peerless and IMO the best opening batsman in Indian history. Gavaskar came after that and was one of the most successful openers to have ever played the game. And then came Sachin and Rahul to carry on the torch. It's quite interesting to me how the two countries, though they share a similarity in the flatness of their pitches, tend to produce two completely different type of cricketers.
Also, India as a much richer history of producing quality spin bowlers than does Pakistan.

Re: The Great History Of Paki Cricket - What LEGENDS! If you reckon Pakistan cricketing history is glorious but not Indian you must be kidding :lol:

After that it was Imran (best cricketer to ever come out of the subcontinent), and then the duo of Wasim and Waqar.
Give me a break :shrug: There will be about 5 names jotted even before Imran Khan can be penned down. Wasim may end up in the list of all time 10 best bowlers but Waqar is nowhere near the best bowlers. I suppose you don't reckon when you quote sub continent it also consists of India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and not just Pakistan :wtg:

If you reckon Pakistan cricketing history is glorious but not Indian you must be kidding :lol:
After that it was Imran (best cricketer to ever come out of the subcontinent), and then the duo of Wasim and Waqar.
Give me a break :shrug: There will be about 5 names jotted even before Imran Khan can be penned down. Wasim may end up in the list of all time 10 best bowlers but Waqar is nowhere near the best bowlers. I suppose you don't reckon when you quote sub continent it also consists of India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and not just Pakistan :wtg:
I agree. I am saying that Imran, Wasim and Waqar are best PAKISTANI bowlers. Best fast bowlers of all time would be Malcolm, Barnes, Ambrose, Hadlee, Lillee, Trueman, Imran, Donald, Wasim. Its weird because in the top ten batsmen of all time there are two Indians and no Pakistanis. And in the top ten bowlers of all time, there are two Pakistanis and no Indians.

A Hanif Mohammad started the tradition of great Pakistani batting, but they didn't really have any great fast bowlers until Nawaz came along. After that it was Imran (best cricketer to ever come out of the subcontinent), and then the duo of Wasim and Waqar. Shoaib could have been a great, but the injuries have limited him. Asif is the new guy that could go on to be one of the greats in the already crowded pantheon of Pakistani cricketers. .
I slightly disagree with you there....Fazal Mahmood was the 1st "great" Pakistani bowler and not Sarfraz Nawaz.

A Hanif Mohammad started the tradition of great Pakistani batting, but they didn't really have any great fast bowlers until Nawaz came along. After that it was Imran (best cricketer to ever come out of the subcontinent), and then the duo of Wasim and Waqar. Shoaib could have been a great, but the injuries have limited him. Asif is the new guy that could go on to be one of the greats in the already crowded pantheon of Pakistani cricketers. .
I slightly disagree with you there....Fazal Mahmood was the 1st "great" Pakistani bowler and not Sarfraz Nawaz.
Absolutely agree. I cannot believe I forgot about him! Thanks for the reminder :).

PERFECT example of pakistani trying to be indian' date=' MUHAHAHAHA, imran better than tendullkar? thats like comparing ants to Elephants mate, so GTFO[/quote'] It's very difficult to compare 2 players from different era and it's even more difficult to compare a batsman to an all rounder but in this case most people would agree that Imran was the greatest player to come out of Asia.

u are on DRUGS, WHO said he is the greatest? NON sense, he is not even in TOP 5!. LMAO!!!! Dont compare Cheats to Clean player PLEASE!
I guess you are howling with out much substance! Not even in top 5? well for a start look at his record....over 350 wickets at an average of 22 and a batting average of 37! Look at his record as a captain...look at how many matches he won for PAK....look at his performance against the WI Not in top 5:lmao: