Indian Media

randomGuy

Shameless people, they should be ashamed to be called journalists. First of all, he is forming the question for her, even with enough prepping, she can't form a decent sentence with heavy words like Patriarchy...then claps ..he tried to force her to follow up...Shameless man ..lost all my respect. I thought he didn't belong to the regular NDTV gang. He seems to be the ring-leader in their Anti-Hindu p-sec policy.

There was a comment on NewsLaundry by some Anonymous on the page where they discussed this news:

This is a lame and poor apologia for a stunningly 'communal' and stupid question. Firstly, please provide statistics that conclusively establish the increment in 'communal' incidents and misogynistic ones for that matter. All the stats I have seen point to the opposite. Either communal incidents have stayed the same or they have decreased. Just that the media reports it a lot more. So a cricket ball shatters a church glass and that is prime time news. Meanwhile temples get vandalised and broken into, no one cares. Ma'am, you have brought to life the Adarsh liberal meme. In the absence of any such evidence, you qualify as an adarsh iberal. Secondly, calling a woman stupid, is not 'sexist'. Believe it or not, there are stupid women just like there are stupid men. Who'd have thunk it, eh? Btw wasn't Roy, a male, being called all sorts of names too? So does that qualify as misandry then? Thirdly, please provide examples of the govt taking steps that privilege Hindu males over others in the context of the economy(and economic growth). For instance, has there been a 'beta bachao beta padhao' policy of any kind? Incentives to register property in the name of men? Specifically Yindoo ones. Fourth, from what we know this girl studied in a school and then a college that 95% of Indians, including men, don't have access to. And this character is screaming about being underprivileged. Fiftth, Jains, christians, sikhs and parsis are wealthier than Hindus. I wonder how this happened in a RWHF country.

Listen to the question' date=' there is no denying that it was a loaded question. loaded with hypocrisy.[/quote'] Pranoy probably heard of the phrase 'white straight man privilege' wrt America and thought of inventing something for India and came up with the question and got that dumb girl to ask.