Favorite bowler and batsman

Who is your favorite batsman and bowler in the world currently? And please give reasons why: My favorite bowler: Asif Reasons: Best young bowler in the world today. With the retirement of McGrath, there is no all time great bowler currently playing today. Ntini, even though he has had a fabulous year, does not do well on flat tracks and is not an all time great. Asif looks to change that. He is tall and gets great bounce. Doesn't have extreme pace but has immaculate accuracy and can move the ball both ways. More importantly, he knows how to attack. My favorite batsman: Kallis Reasons: I love the way he bats and his temperment. Never throws his wicket and is there as a rock in a batting lineup. Basically just like Dravid, except he bowls too.

Re: Favorite bowler and batsman Sorry, i am totally an indian fan... Favourite batsman: Rahul Dravid Good looking and the 'Great Wall of India' What other reason do I need? :chin: Favourite bowler: Irfan Pathan Another good looking bloke. I have full faith that he will come back with a bang. Anyways, welcome aboard silentstrike... Introduce yourself in the introduce yourself thread....

Re: Favorite bowler and batsman Kallis ? Do you suffer from sleep deprivation by any chance ? JK My favourite batsman right now is Lara (although it usually alternates between him, Tendulkar, Sehwag, or Yuvraj depending on their form). My favourite bowler ? hmmm...probably Shane Bond. He is simply breathtaking to watching. I watched him singlehandedly wreck Australia during the '02 VB Series (that 5/25 is the best bowling performance i've ever seen in an ODI) the '03 WC and India's tour of NZ - I will never forget some of the deliveries he bowled. Would have run through India in that WC match too, if McCullum hadn't dropped Dravid. He has got such a rhythymic run-up, and a brilliant release...such a fluid action, haven't seen anyone better except for maybe Donald. Out of all the spinners, i'd pay to watch Warne before any of the others. Harbhajan on form can be superb to watch as well.

Re: Favorite bowler and batsman

Sorry' date=' i am totally an indian fan...[/quote'] I obviously like the Indian team, but I love watching all Test cricket. In fact I watched the PAK-SA Test series instead of our ODI. I can't really watch ODI's, they are too monotomous for me.
Anyways, welcome aboard silentstrike... Introduce yourself in the introduce yourself thread....
Thanks, just did. :)

Sorry' date=' i am totally an indian fan...[/quote'] I obviously like the Indian team, but I love watching all Test cricket. In fact I watched the PAK-SA Test series instead of our ODI. I can't really watch ODI's, they are too monotomous for me.
Oh, well i dont bother watch anyother matches except the indian ones... :hic:
Anyways, welcome aboard silentstrike... Introduce yourself in the introduce yourself thread....
Thanks, just did. :)
saw tht... :lol:

Re: Favorite bowler and batsman Favourite batsman : Tendulkar, as ever Favourite bowler : Shane Bond The favourite obviously may not mean the best in the business but these two are the ones that prompt me to get near the telly when they are playing.

Who is your favorite batsman and bowler in the world currently? And please give reasons why: My favorite bowler: Asif Reasons: Best young bowler in the world today. With the retirement of McGrath, there is no all time great bowler currently playing today. Ntini, even though he has had a fabulous year, does not do well on flat tracks and is not an all time great. Asif looks to change that. He is tall and gets great bounce. Doesn't have extreme pace but has immaculate accuracy and can move the ball both ways. More importantly, he knows how to attack. My favorite batsman: Kallis Reasons: I love the way he bats and his temperment. Never throws his wicket and is there as a rock in a batting lineup. Basically just like Dravid, except he bowls too.
Don't you reckon Asif is a druggie. He should have been banned for about a year as per PCB original ruling. Do you still reckon Asif is innocent and never did doping?

Re: Favorite bowler and batsman Nope, Asif is guilty and should have been banned for a year. He might still be banned as WADA is appealing the ruling. Whether he gets banned or not, he is still an exceptional talent. If he does serve out his ban, I am convinced he has the physical and mental tools to come back strong and pick up where he left off.

Re: Favorite bowler and batsman I think he should go, there is no room for freakin cheaters and an example has to be set by banning both him and Shoaib Akthar. I don't reckon anything will change for Akthar, even if he not banned he will only play about 3-5 days of international cricket before slapping his coach or bowing to injury. Meanwhile the new McGrath of Australia "Stuart Clark" (as per the Aussies) is among the top bowlers today. His bowling figures right now is quite good : [code:9577903cd1]Bowling averages class mat balls runs wkts bbi bbm ave econ sr 4 5 10 Tests 9 2048 837 47 5/55 9/89 17.80 2.45 43.57 3 1 0[/code:1:9577903cd1]

Re: Favorite bowler and batsman Yes, I was not counting McGrath as he has retired from test cricket. My post was only referring to that. In fact, I highly rate McGrath and put him in the top three fast bowlers all time for Tests.

I think he should go' date=' there is no room for freakin cheaters and an example has to be set by banning both him and Shoaib Akthar.[/quote'] I agree with you. That doesn't mean that he is not a good player. He should be banned, but he is still a good player.