Tribute to Shahid Khan Afridi

Gollum

qsjtix.jpgatnm0n.jpg2eftkyf.jpg21oskl0.jpgmsm43q.jpg4he6fm.jpg2qin1hh.jpg Will miss Afridi the entertainer. Part of my childhood :(( His quickfire 100s, 5 wicket hauls are OK but the reason why we will remember him is for non cricketing reasons.:giggle: Share your favorite Lala moment and let us pay tribute to this 8th wonder of the world? :hatsoff:

baby boom!!! shahid-afridi-baby-pic.jpg grand salute to the most mercurial player ever. I saw most games since his first match. The feeling inside an Indian fan when afridi was batting during his first 4-5 years was very different from later on. There was genuine fear, when this guy was batting. later he lost it. he became a has been. then we got sehwag and we gave it back for a full decade. sehwag was a lot more consistent and technically better compared to afridi. the difference b/w afridi on one side and sehwag,gayle,gilchrist on the other is the difference b/w daredevilry and daring. one involves showing-off, the other involves calculated risk and responsible domination over opposition for his talent, afridi should have completed 10K ODI runs and 500 wickets... but 8K and 395W is nonetheless a sensational achievement.

I alway would feel he had great talent and just underachieved and hence we always used to make fun of it, but since today is a different today, as he has finally decided to leave, I have to keep all jokes aside. When he first came to the scene, I remember we all wanted to see back of his early as he used to open the innings and put pressure on bowlers. So there was genuinely good feeling to see him get out. He definitely was a poster boy for Pakistani cricket and I always felt was given too much chances, but then you can not ignore him too. All the other cricketers we often see from Pakistan, never really cemented there place and hence Afridi, with both bat and ball option, was always hard for Pakistan to drop. Congrats Afridi.

Afridi has had quite a few comical moments either on the field or off. Remember him giving his resignation from Test Cricket mid tour. That interview was epic. Then the pitch dance, ball eating, and the numerous retirements:hysterical: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsKfM7r8egQ]shahid afridi teaches How to Tamper Pitch - YouTube[/ame] Got ridiculed a lot for his age. That only helps in u19 or such age restricted tournament. But kudos to him for having played so long and keeping up with his fitness and was a decent fielder. Not a bad bowler either in the latter part of his career. But I couldn't really understand the hype created by Pak fans over him. Anyways, was quite a character.

Is he a batsman? 274 runs in 5 WCs.. No, he is a bowler. Is he? 171 Shahid Afridi's bowling strike rate this World Cup, the second-worst for any bowler in a single edition of the tournament (min. 50 overs). Afridi has bowled 57 overs this World Cup, conceding 282 runs and taking only two wickets.

these words coming out from Rohit Sharma fan president :haha:
This. Afridi was fearsome jn his first 5 years if career, good legspinner who picks out 2 wickets per match for next 10 years and became a joke of batsmen in his last 4 years.This WC he was washed out. But Afridi seems to still enjoy T20. Picks the same 2 wickets and 20 runs every match as he did in ODI. Overall average cricketer who got lucky and bacame a joke towards the end.