Beginning of the end of the road...

SachDan

The biggest surprise in the list of 24 probables that was announced by the BCCI for the Australia tour was probably the exclusion of Virender Sehwag. The Nawab of Najafgarh has been in terrible form of late, but not including him in a squad for Australia, where he has been rather prolific, perhaps sends out the message that it might just be beginning of the end of Sehwag's Test career. http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtvcricket/cricketstory.aspx?id=SPOEN20070035128 virendersehwag.jpg

oye chup oye.. eni jaldi saada hero kahi nahi jaara.. HE WILL BE BACK.. BECAUSE HE IS SEHWAG...
No one has a problem if he can prove himself for a 6 month period atleast against A-teams, counties, domestics... and THEN BE BACK. He cannot come riding on the top of ONE or TWO matches. Thats not fair.

Poor shot selection is the only problem and he'll have to sort that out or else he'll be sorted out. I think he should dedicate on that part in the Ranji matches.

No one has a problem if he can prove himself for a 6 month period atleast against A-teams, counties, domestics... and THEN BE BACK.
He won't be chosen for A teams as per Vengsarkar because he doesn't need exposure. A team is for players to get exposure while Sehwag has played all round the world!

Sehwag hasn't done enough justice to his talent despite some memorable knocks. I'm tired of watching him go out there buff couple of fours and then throw his wicket away. Since the world cup this has been a trend with him. Imagine if he would have got couple of hundreds in the domestic cricket, he would have been included for the last test match as a replacement for Tendulkar or Dhoni. I say he has himself to blame for the missed opportunity. There is no excuse for not performing in domestic cricket. Didn't Rahul Dravid get some big runs in the domestic cricket while he was dropped from the ODI side?

Sehwag has forgot his own magical formula. His success in Australia was due the fact that he was willing to wait for an hour, take few blows and then cut loose. I remember him taking some knocks on helmet in that Melbourne innings. As soon as McGill and 3rd seamer were introduced he went berserk. He needs to work on this magical formula again.