'Dhoni's batting will be an asset in Oz'

DesiChap

Sourav Ganguly silenced his critics with his first Test century on his home ground during the second Test against Pakistan. With a tour of Australia coming up, Ganguly is gearing up for the challenge. He spoke exclusively to CNN-IBN's Sanjeeb Mukherjea on the Australia tour. Sanjeeb Mukherjea: You will be playing your 100th Test at Melbourne on Boxing Day. Any particular dreams right now or will you take it as it comes? Sourav Ganguly: We will take it as it comes. We still have a Test match in Bangalore. We need to finish that off well and finish this series as well. When it comes to Boxing Day, I hope to put up a good show. Sanjeeb Mukherjea: Sourav the war of words may have been created by the media or the players themselves but it is kicking up quite a storm. Andrew Symonds has already said that we will see what Sreesanth does when he comes to Australia. Do you think Sreesanth is going slightly overboard or may be it is just the new face of aggression in India? Sourav Ganguly: I think it is a thing of the past. The Australia series has gone by so I don't think we need to discuss about it. At present Sreesanth is struggling to be fit for the series. I hope he gets fit for the series because he will be a very important cog in our bowling unit. He is an outstanding bowler and under those conditions he will be an asset to the side. And with regard to these wars of words, these things keep on happening. We have just got to put it behind and focus on the game. Sanjeeb Mukherjea: Any personal targets, if any, at this point of time for the Big Four - Laxman, Ganguly, Dravid and Tendulkar - of Indian cricket for the Australian tour? Sourav Ganguly: Just perform well. We did well in the last series in Australia and that's why the team did well. It is important for the batting unit to do well in Australia along with (Wasim) Jaffer who has really come up superbly and (Mahendra Singh )Dhoni as well even though he was not there on the last tour. Parthiv did a good job in Australia the last time and Dhoni with his batting talent will be a force in Australia. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/dhoni-will-an-asset-in-australia-ganguly/28197-14.html