Whats with this BS of Pakistan "always" producing good fast bowlers?

It's a theory that gets thrown around quite a bit, but a simple peel through the layer shows it's not grounded on reality. Yes they do produce fast bowlers, but those sizzle for a very small time and then burn out as quickly as they came. In Pakistan's history, apart from the two Ws and then Imran Khan (who became for all purposes a trundler), there have been hardly any pace bowler who for a sustained period (over 10 years) dominated the bowling charts. There is one Mr Akhtar, who made dough when the Ws did well, but once they left, became a parody of himself. Take test kirkut. Out of the top 10 greatest wickettakers, 5 of them are spinners, occupying a continuous line from 4 to 8. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;team=7;template=results;type=bowling Apart from Ws and Imran, there is not a single pace bowler who has taken over 180 test wickets. Someone like Umar Gul occupying the 12th spot in list of all time highest wicket takers with an average of over 34 doesn't exactly speak volumes of a "never ending pipeline" of pace bowlers, or does it?

They produce fast swinging bowlers. I don't know why you want to pretend this isn't a fact. Irfan junaid and wahab are all way better than mohit sharma bhuvi Kumar and Mohammed shami. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
More based on perceptions than actual performances. These guys again sizzle for a short time but never go on to become sustained performers over a reasonable period, do they? Check out the stats of all Pak bowlers in the last 12 years - i.e since the two Ws left. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;spanmin1=01+Mar+2003;spanval1=span;team=7;template=results;type=bowling The top 2 are spinners, and Umar Gul is no.3 and Mohammad Sami is at no.8! There is not a single pace bowler with sustained success (over 4-5 yrs) and is also clearly evident from the number of matches/wickets they have taken.
They produce fast swinging bowlers. I don't know why you want to pretend this isn't a fact. Irfan junaid and wahab are all way better than mohit sharma bhuvi Kumar and Mohammed shami. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The comparison is not with indian bowlers,its with the cricketing world.anyway I think pak do produce decent seamers from time to time,not world class by any means but they are massively hyped by their fans.at least let them perform well consistently for a period of 3-4 years then you can justify the hype
If jonas10 is defending Pakistan then it must be true. :two_thumbs_up:
The comparison is not with indian bowlers' date='its with the cricketing world.anyway I think pak do produce decent seamers from time to time,not world class by any means but they are massively hyped by their fans.at least let them perform well consistently for a period of 3-4 years then you can justify the hype[/quote'] Precisely. Take the case of SA. They have 7 pace bowlers in the last 12 years who have taken more than 100 wickets. Australia has 6. (Hilfenhaus just misses out with 99) England has 5 NZ has 3. Heck, even India has 3 :hysterical: West Indies has 3 as well! Pakistan has got just the two (Umar Gul - 163 wickets @ over 34, and Mohammad Asif who just makes the cut with 106 wickets). If that isn't indicative of a worrying lack of pace options for Pakistan, I don't know what is.

Can you show me India's top wicket takers please? And also, you're forgetting Mohammad Asif, and Mohammad Amir is coming back this year. Though it's another thing that he himself ruined his own career. Imagine a bowling line up of Amir, Junaid, Wahab, Irfan...

Precisely. Take the case of SA. They have 7 pace bowlers in the last 12 years who have taken more than 100 wickets. Australia has 6. (Hilfenhaus just misses out with 99) England has 5 NZ has 3. Heck, even India has 3 :hysterical: West Indies has 3 as well! Pakistan has got just the two (Umar Gul - 163 wickets @ over 34, and Mohammad Asif who just makes the cut with 106 wickets). If that isn't indicative of a worrying lack of pace options for Pakistan, I don't know what is.
Just because more Indian bowlers take 100 wickets it doesn't mean that India bowlers are better for God's sake. If India chooses to stick with mediocre bowlers for a long time then that isn't a good thing. And Ishant Sharma is part of that list right? :giggle:

Just thrown an Indian bowler, say "Mushtaq Madina", tall dark - even if he is not a good bowler, there will some contention that he is good..its just in a name If you throw in a Suraiya Gopapathy Vindaloo - no one ss gonna take his 145kpbs seriously :cantstop:

The comparison is not with indian bowlers' date='its with the cricketing world.anyway I think pak do produce decent seamers from time to time,not world class by any means but they are massively hyped by their fans.at least let them perform well consistently for a period of 3-4 years then you can justify the hype[/quote'] My honest opinion is that pak bowlers could be much better with better training, facilities and domestic structures.. They lack in stats because of their various issues. Asif and Aamir are prime example of effect of dumbing down of their society as a whole. Wahab Riaz spell was one idication of what he can do.. and it was triggered by Starc and Watson's sledging when he was batting.. Indication of what he CAN do.
Can you show me India's top wicket takers please? And also, you're forgetting Mohammad Asif, and Mohammad Amir is coming back this year. Though it's another thing that he himself ruined his own career. Imagine a bowling line up of Amir, Junaid, Wahab, Irfan...
Dude these are chaps who are hyped more than they have actually performed. The combined attack of Amir, Junaid, Wahab and Irfan boasts of less than 150 wickets in test cricket, to put things in perspective, Ishant Sharma has more wickets than them all combined! :cantstop: See? This is the whole point I've been trying to emphasize. Pakistani pacers are hyped up and that hype doesn't get translated into long term results for them.
Just because more Indian bowlers take 100 wickets it doesn't mean that India bowlers are better for God's sake. If India chooses to stick with mediocre bowlers for a long time then that isn't a good thing. And Ishant Sharma is part of that list right? :giggle:
And Umar Gul makes your list as well. :haha: The whole bloody point is that your pace bowlers are more gas than actual performers, and no one has been able to perform for any sustained time.
While it is a good bowling lineup, we also need to note that irfan doesn't have a long future because of his injuries. Wahhab, despite a good spell in this WC is still hot/cold bowler who is not consistent. Junaid needs to go back to his aane do series form otherwise he will just be an average seam bowler. His loss of swing has proven extremely detrimental. Basically, it's only Amir who inspires as of now

It has more to do with Injuries and wrong formats they been playing. Junaid Khan performed consistently for 2 Years, Irfan overall has been pretty good from 2 and half years but both have suffered injuries time to time again. Amir and Asif got banned, Mohammad Sami was a decent ODI Bowler, Akhtar was also very good. Now there is Rahat Ali swinging both ways at 140, Also some good fast bowlers coming up in Taj Wali and Usman Khan. Also by 2016 you might see Rahat Ali, Junaid Khan, Mohd. Aamir and Wahab in same line up. Due to issues,fitness and controversy alot of bowlers have lately dented their careers.

My honest opinion is that pak bowlers could be much better with better training, facilities and domestic structures.. They lack in stats because of their various issues. Asif and Aamir are prime example of effect of dumbing down of their society as a whole. Wahab Riaz spell was one idication of what he can do.. and it was triggered by Starc and Watson's sledging when he was batting.. Indication of what he CAN do.
Yes, Wahab had a dream spell, but he ended up giving 56 runs in 10 overs, his last 3 overs went for 30 runs. Make no mistake it was a good spell of 6 overs, but its way way way way way hyper overrated. First and foremost, he got to bowl exactly half of his deliveries at the struggling out of form Shane Watson (27 out of 54). Add to it another 5 to Clarke. The two weak links in Aus batting lineup. We saw how these two struggle against Umesh, Shami and Ashwin in the SF as well, didn't we?

Lol at someone saying Ishant has more wickets combined. India has persisted with Ishant alot and seems he has been playing forever. Junaid made his debut after 2011 world cup, Wahab and Irfan showed up in Q3 2010. And these guys played alot less due to fitness and issues.

While it is a good bowling lineup' date=' we also need to note that irfan doesn't have a long future because of his injuries. Wahhab, despite a good spell in this WC is still hot/cold bowler who is not consistent. Junaid needs to go back to his aane do series form otherwise he will just be an average seam bowler. His loss of swing has proven extremely detrimental. Basically, it's only Amir who inspires as of now[/quote'] Wahab's spell in those 6 overs was excellent, but its way overrated as well. Out of those 36 balls, 23 were to Watson and Clarke, who are probably the weakest links in their batting lineup. Smith dealt with him quite comfortably and Warner fell to a very aggressive stroke, caught at the ropes.
Lol at someone saying Ishant has more wickets combined. India has persisted with Ishant alot and seems he has been playing forever. Junaid made his debut after 2011 world cup' date='[b'] Wahab and Irfan showed up in Q3 2010. And these guys played alot less due to fitness and issues.
Irfan showed up in 2010. Has a sum total of 10 wickets in test cricket. Wahab showed up in 2010. Has a total of 24 wickets in test cricket. Ishant showed up in 2008. Has a total of 180 wickets in test cricket. You see what I am getting at? Fitness and issues LMAO. I could have been Wasim Akram if I were not fat and short and had issues.