Speed and performance of medium pacers, trundlers and fast bowlers in Ipl

vishalvirsingh

One of the important thing to bowling is first find your length and line then crank up the pace. Aaron doesn't do that. He also doesn't get the length right, always too short. No use clocking 150 when you are bowling rubbish. He isn't getting better at all in terms of control.

One of the important thing to bowling is first find your length and line then crank up the pace. Aaron doesn't do that. He also doesn't get the length right' date=' always too short. No use clocking 150 when you are bowling rubbish. He isn't getting better at all in terms of control.[/quote'] Bowling at bangalore its really difficult place for fast bowlers.He should stay away form t20s and odis as of now as his length is perfect for slogging.

I hope Aaron gets it right soon. Pace and rhythm is good but he isnt hitting the right areas. More than lack of control, I thnk he is consciously bowling in areas which he thnks will work but are actually hittable and perfect for slogging. Follows 2 good length balls by a short one even if the batsman hasnt scored off the previous ball. Its as if he's doing it to avoid being predictable. This strategy is massively backfiring. I feel rather than altering his length on the shorter side, he should vary his pace a bit and not be afraid of bowling yorkers. Also i found him bowling a wide length ball when the batsman gives him a charge. This also is bad gameplan. I hope he and Donald get this sorted out.

Aaron has 2 major problems 1) He does not have a stock ball. Umesh did not have one too...developed one in the last 12 months ....and looks like a different bowler. Aaron still tries a different delivery every ball. It is strange how bad our domestic coaching is as far as bowling is concerned. 2) He gets flustered too easily after being hit or anything else happens like difficulty in landing.

Aaron has 2 major problems 1) He does not have a stock ball. Umesh did not have one too...developed one in the last 12 months ....and looks like a different bowler. Aaron still tries a different delivery every ball. It is strange how bad our domestic coaching is as far as bowling is concerned. 2) He gets flustered too easily after being hit or anything else happens like difficulty in landing.
I do not agree umesh never had a stock ball.He always had the out swinger problem was his length was short and he would lose his action and bowl at pads every over trying for magic ball. Aaron Also swings it as we saw england and can think a batsman out.Problem is he is bowling too short and the pitch is docile with small boundaries.

I do not agree umesh never had a stock ball.He always had the out swinger problem was his length was short and he would lose his action and bowl at pads every over trying for magic ball. Aaron Also swings it as we saw england and can think a batsman out.Problem is he is bowling too short and the pitch is docile with small boundaries.
Having a stock ball would mean trying to bowl that delivery about 4 out of 6 times...especially when he is not in rhythm or not warmed up or things are not going well. Variations are tried when the bowler is in control or a specific strategy is being tried. A stock delivery is usually a good length delivery, around the off stump and is either straight or an outswinger or indipper. Ability to swing a few deliveries does not mean it is your stock ball. Did Umesh bowl the same delivery repeatedly ...even a year ago ? NO. But now...he tries that.....the good length outswinger around off stump. Aaron tries to bowl a different kind of delivery every ball...trying to surprise th batsman instead of setting him up. This is a sign of a rookie bowler. He needs guidance from someone like Akram.

Not long back Yadav looked totally out of sorts after the Sydney test. We have to persist with these bowlers and give them time to develop.
Yadav was probably the best bowler from both the side till the Sydney test.Sydney is the worst venue for yadav,he always gets thrashed be it tests or odis (got thrashed in 2012 as well) ,if we remove both the Sydney tests from his test career,his avg will come down under 30 lol

Yadav was probably the best bowler from both the side till the Sydney test.Sydney is the worst venue for yadav' date='he always gets thrashed be it tests or odis (got thrashed in 2012 as well) ,if we remove both the Sydney tests from his test career,his avg will come down under 30 lol[/quote'] Bowled well at Brisbane, managed some wickets at Melbourne as well but went at more than 4rpo in that test. Don't thnk he was the best bowler from both sides. And of a 3 test series, we cant just ignore one of those tests lol. Looked awful in the last test. Even in the ODIs that followed, he wasn't at his best. Luckily he was still our first choice in the WC. But all this is futile, he looks to be a much improved bowler since the world cup. Hopefully he can keep this going. I thnk he's our best bowler ATM. :cantstop: