By 2050, India to surpass Indonesia, will have largest Muslim population: Study

Gollum

Excellent news. We need more peaceful muslims in the world and not extremist Jihadis/terrorists. Indian muslims have always been role model for other muslims to follow. As the visionary leader Tarek Fateh says - India is the only country where Muslims exert influence without fear. Excellent interview that puts out facts for people who have a bit of time to read http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/interviews/Tarek-Fatah-India-is-the-only-country-where-Muslims-exert-influence-without-fear/articleshow/19619612.cms?

As a Muslim, i found it fascinating that this is the only place in the world where Muslims exert influence without fear. Muslims are better equipped in India than in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
I felt the vast majority of Indian Muslims are open to the idea of a separation of religion and state. They've rejected Islamic states, voting to stay here — however, there is no leadership in the Muslim community that says, 'Not in my name'. I talked to prominent Muslims who said, "You're not going to make me deal with issues as a Muslim. I am an Indian. "
If Muslim women cannot go to a mosque and sit in the front row, it is not a Hindu problem. If Muslim men don't treat female relations with equal dignity, why are they complaining that others aren't doing so?
I put harsher responsibility on Indian Muslims because they are free, living in a democratic society. If they want to know what it's like to live under Islamic rule, they can see what`s happening in Pakistan.

Serious?
I am serious. I have many Indian muslims as friends. I also knew a lot of Brit-Pakis when I was in UK. You cannot even compare. There might be an odd exception but Indian muslims are nowhere like the extremists that are there in some well know countries. Growing up in a democratic, secular country with rights and privileges would obviously have played a part

I am serious. I have many Indian muslims as friends. I also knew a lot of Brit-Pakis when I was in UK. You cannot even compare. There might be an odd exception but Indian muslims are nowhere like the extremists that are there in some well know countries. Growing up in a democratic, secular country with rights and privileges would obviously have played a part
I have lived in Bengal, Nanded, Hyderabad, Chennai at various stages in my life and I found them to be quite hostile tbh. If these guys are good can't imagine how bad Pakistanis,Somalis,Middle East people are :nervous: Maybe in places where you have lived situation is different.

One more shining example of today Muslim girl in Mumbai wins Gita contest

I have always been inquisitive about religions and I often read up on them during my free time. So when my teacher told me about this contest I thought it would be a good chance to understand what the book is about. My parents too supported my idea of participating in the contest," said Maryam, who received the prize on March 15.
Maryam has always had conversations about religion with her parents. "Our family believes that one needs to respect and accept all religions. No religion preaches hatred or wrong. However, there are some members who have misguided us. Before these have a bad influence on the children, we need to talk to them and make them understand what is right," said her father, Asif Siddiqui.
There are always leaders that try to play vote bank politics and yes, some occasional communal skirmishes in backward areas but Indian hindus and muslims have lived together for centuries. These are testing times as muslim world outside India ( and maybe SE Asian countries ) is burning. There are lot of external powers trying to use Indian muslims but as a group they gave them a finger.

I have lived in Bengal, Nanded, Hyderabad, Chennai at various stages in my life and I found them to be quite hostile tbh. If these guys are good can't imagine how bad Pakistanis,Somalis,Middle East people are :nervous: Maybe in places where you have lived situation is different.
I am based in Hyderabad and have been to Bangalore and stayed in a house owned by a muslim couple. You might get odd cases ( and that is true of hindus too ) that seem hostile but you should see Brit-Pakis. The 2-3 Afghans I had met were very nice people though.

It is the time that decide how much extremist you are.Punjabi muslims were not even hardcore supporter Muslim league. They had Unionist party which was quite secular.Infact Punjabi muslims of pre partition era were considered as quite secular. But as the time changed they shifted their support to muslim league in early 40s.

I am based in Hyderabad and have been to Bangalore and stayed in a house owned by a muslim couple. You might get odd cases ( and that is true of hindus too ) that seem hostile but you should see Brit-Pakis. The 2-3 Afghans I had met were very nice people though.
Isn't lying forbidden in Hinduism?

One more shining example of today Muslim girl in Mumbai wins Gita contest There are always leaders that try to play vote bank politics and yes, some occasional communal skirmishes in backward areas but Indian hindus and muslims have lived together for centuries. These are testing times as muslim world outside India ( and maybe SE Asian countries ) is burning. There are lot of external powers trying to use Indian muslims but as a group they gave them a finger.
Is she the same poster here "Marayam" ? she is in mumbai too.

In 1951, Muslims were 9.8%. If in 100 years time they are expected to go to close to 20% imagine how soon they will reach 30-35% from there, max another 50 odd years and booom, another partition. Same thing happened in Nigeria too. There are moderates in Islam, especially in India but unfortunately their voices aren't coming out. A comparatively smaller rabid fanatic group of people are creating havoc.

Isn't lying forbidden in Hinduism?
It is ( except under rare circumstances of Greater good of mankind - read Gita and you will get more details ). We don't even have concepts of Taqiyya, Idtirar, Kitman or Hiyal ( I am sure you dont need coaching on that ) Off now...Troll.

Humanity can never dissociate itself from religion man' date=' hard cold fact. Only hope that religions are more peace loving and tolerant.[/quote'] peace loving and tolerant religions ended up as failure.Jews in India and Parsi's can be considered as very peace loving as these religions never came in conflict .unfortunately both are dying in India