Who is the Most Overrated Cricketer?

^ The best part is the commentator 'In walks in Afridi (crowd goes nuts waving their stuffed animals and shiz). He CAN turn this game around (goes Rameez).' Hits a boundary. (Rameez goes bonkers) Gets out in the next ball with the usual brainfart. (Rameez goes bonkers)

Dhoni as a test match player' date=' he wouldn't get a game for some countries, India made him captain.[/quote'] Not a bad shout. He as an overall international cricketer highly overrated. Before Dhoni-lovers assault me, let me clarify that over last few months I have developed some kind of respect for this guy as a person and as a leader. But as a cricketer i don't think he can be talked in the league of really great cricketers. Outside ODI cricket in Asia, he has been very ordinary. I do believe at this point he is best person to lead India in ODI cricket. He has a statsman like personality. But as a cricketer I can't bring myself to respect him much. He is surely very overated as cricketer.
Dravid. For someone highly regarded as master of tough conditions, has very poor record in South Africa, Australia (bar one innings on Adelaide patta) and Sri Lanka. Basically average record in conditions where you are tested the most against swing coupled with bounce(SA), bounce (Aus) and spin(SL).
True. He was a one trick pony overseas who did well in England just like VVS in Australia. Sachin was overall the more complete player overseas, averaging 40+ everywhere except pakistan
True. He was a one trick pony overseas who did well in England just like VVS in Australia. Sachin was overall the more complete player overseas' date=' averaging 40+ everywhere except pakistan[/quote'] I think the above fact would speak volumes about the ability of our current lot of batsmen Rahane ....did well in tests in Australia, South Africa, NZ and England Kohli... did well in tests in Australia, South Africa and NZ. Actually did superbly in Aus, SA. Vijay.. did well in Australia and England. I don't recall how he was in NZ.
Afridi averaged 50 against India in TEST cricket. He averaged 37 SR of 84 with test wickets. Very good at one point.
He would have definitely 100% gone much, much down if he had not retired from test cricket just like he did in his bowling in the last few years
Tendulkar redefines the word overrated . For all the runs he made and records he broke only a small part did it help the team
so all the experts of the game, past and current players, who understand even a bit about cricket, all rate him. And some fans of Dravid don't. They have to twist and turn and take team stats to put him down. Guess whose side I take? And the saddest thing about these haters is that Tendulkar has indeed gone down as one of the all time legends of the game, with the countries highest honors and one of the best send offs you will see in any sport. Must be difficult reconciling with this