Yorkshire Pujara Watch/County Cricket 2015 Thread

G_B_

I'm just genuinely curious as to why he cannot perform overseas. Some people say it is a dodgy knee but I think it is technique more than anything. You cannot take performances in India seriously when Pujara and Jadeja score triple hundreds.
Lol so you have joined here orbis. good luck.

People who seem to be laughing at his failure look like as if they are enjoying his downfall. I wonder why because this dude has been a pretty good bat for us. I mean I know he failed recentlyl but he is still a top test batsman. Out of all the four overseas tour, the toughest of them all was South Africa tour as it had better bowling attack of them all and it also being the hardest place to score. Pujara emerged as our top bat there with Kohli. We have to have faith in him. Anyone who can dominate South African attack in South Africa, deserves to be persisted with. Yes, we do not want one series wonder, but just look at Pujara's average. He has definately scored heavy and hence his average is up even after an ordinary Australian tour. Let's not laugh at him instead, we should be just disappointed. I hate to see those laughing smileys as if people really want to see him fail.

People who seem to be laughing at his failure look like as if they are enjoying his downfall. I wonder why because this dude has been a pretty good bat for us. I mean I know he failed recentlyl but he is still a top test batsman. Out of all the four overseas tour, the toughest of them all was South Africa tour as it had better bowling attack of them all and it also being the hardest place to score. Pujara emerged as our top bat there with Kohli. We have to have faith in him. Anyone who can dominate South African attack in South Africa, deserves to be persisted with. Yes, we do not want one series wonder, but just look at Pujara's average. He has definately scored heavy and hence his average is up even after an ordinary Australian tour. Let's not laugh at him instead, we should be just disappointed. I hate to see those laughing smileys as if people really want to see him fail.
+1. It is sad to see him struggle like this. At least wait till he plays a few more games before making a judgement.
Breaks my heart to see Pujara like this. That guy averages 75 at home on complete turners. He has skills. Dunno what went wrong.
Isnt Gillespie a bowler ? I thought we are to sort out his technical issue.
Well he does have a Test double century to his name :winky: But yes I get your point. However, the list of Yorkshire players in the best form of their careers since he arrived is a lengthy one. Lyth, Bairstow even Rashid. Ballance before that before England got their hands on him, and young opener Less started scoring big runs soon after making his first team debut . Even Finch, with an underwhelming FC record did well here
Breaks my heart to see Pujara like this. That guy averages 75 at home on complete turners. He has skills. Dunno what went wrong.
That's exactly is the problem, he will succeed on turner's, since he is very wristy and bouncy tracks since he has a strong backfoot game compared to front foot, however because of his strong backfoot game and since he gave been brought up on those placid tracks of saurashtra, places like England, new Zealand will trouble him, I might be wrong though, I seriously believe, his game is more suited to no 6 rather than no 3.

Some people here r nuts, how can injury slow down ur reflex unless u have aged about 40 or it is a brain injury, this guy is a serious talent n he will bounce back also this is not a career ending injury so why the RIP n other comments , footballers have a lot more knee surgery n still last long even though football is a game played with feet obviously and a lot more then cricket lol

Hopefully Pujara can sort it out. He's there for the whole season right? Or is just filling in for Finch? Anyways countries must have seen sth in him too otherwise a premier country wont waste one of their 2 spots on him if they thought he wasn't pto the mark I feel this stint will be the making of him and at the very least will make him reflect about his game and test his character in terms of whether he is willing to go back to the drawing board and do the hard yards. So glad he didn't get an IPL contract. It would have been waste of 2 months for him and probably he would have regressed further I still back him to end up with better numbers in the next 5 years than the others

To those who are saying his reflexes have slowed down because of his knee, he is still good on turners in India etc etc did you guys watch him play Moeen and Lyon. Guy was so scared, got beaten half the time, looked like getting out any time. Never knew you needed superhuman reflexes to play 80kph bowlers? But I still believe in him and hope he can turn things around and be our mainstay. Only 3 things can get him right 1. GTFO of Saurashtra Che, sign up for some other Ranji team, move in with your family to say Bangalore or Chennai or Delhi where you get to play on actual cricketing pitches and not highways. 2. Hire a mental conditioning expert till he gets his cricket in order 3. Indian team management should back him, give him confidence, help him etc . That arrogant ******* Kohli will try to get rid of Vijay,Rahane,Pujara,Ashwin(threats to his captaincy/seniority) at the 1st instance and fill the team with his sycophants, BCCI should step in and stop Kohli from destroying our team's future to satisfy the ego of one brat. Dropping Pujara from the last test in Aus in place of joker Raina was a disgrace.

To those who are saying his reflexes have slowed down because of his knee, he is still good on turners in India etc etc did you guys watch him play Moeen and Lyon. Guy was so scared, got beaten half the time, looked like getting out any time. Never knew you needed superhuman reflexes to play 80kph bowlers? But I still believe in him and hope he can turn things around and be our mainstay. Only 3 things can get him right 1. GTFO of Saurashtra Che, sign up for some other Ranji team, move in with your family to say Bangalore or Chennai or Delhi where you get to play on actual cricketing pitches and not highways. 2. Hire a mental conditioning expert till he gets his cricket in order 3. Indian team management should back him, give him confidence, help him etc . That arrogant ******* Kohli will try to get rid of Vijay,Rahane,Pujara,Ashwin(threats to his captaincy/seniority) at the 1st instance and fill the team with his sycophants, BCCI should step in and stop Kohli from destroying our team's future to satisfy the ego of one brat. Dropping Pujara from the last test in Aus in place of joker Raina was a disgrace.
If he can score 100s on rank turners in India, there's no reason that you can't play moeen and Lyon on docile pitches outside India. Biggest problem is mental weakness and he lacks ability to rotate strike outside India.