Defence News and Updates

Cricket_Hacker

IMO, the Rafale deal is not very good. Never mind the price, by the time we induct all 120 aircraft, it will probably be 2025 and Rafales will be nearing obsoletion by then. I also fail to see what the Rafale offers exactly that a combined fleet of su-30MKIs, Tejas MK-II, Mig-29UPG cannot accomplish. Perhaps there is more to it than meets the eye- perhaps we are after all, trying to acquire some critical radar/composites underlying tech that we simply do not have and simply do not have the time to catch up in and we must buy the whole deal to get this piece. But whatever it is, i am not sold on the IAF's need for 120 Rafales.

Kaveri has been decoupled from LCA which will be using GE F404. From reports of Aero India 2015' date=' Kaveri is upto 70kN. So kaveri has ways to go by 2010 standards. But it ain't easy. It is especially not easy when your Air force would rather invest in R&D of other nations than your own.[/quote'] Thats not good. Being dependent on America for F404 parts and servicing seriously hinders its usability against Pak/China.

Brilliant. Namo put his foot down and told IAF dalals' date=' invest in make in India or feck off. Now IAF has no choice but LCA. I doubt even this deal for 36 Rafales goes through. Build 500 LCAs by 2025 and call it a day. 25 billion infusion in domestic R&D right there.[/quote'] No,There will buy more on gov-gov basis cutting delays and redtape.

IMO, the Rafale deal is not very good. Never mind the price, by the time we induct all 120 aircraft, it will probably be 2025 and Rafales will be nearing obsoletion by then. I also fail to see what the Rafale offers exactly that a combined fleet of su-30MKIs, Tejas MK-II, Mig-29UPG cannot accomplish. Perhaps there is more to it than meets the eye- perhaps we are after all, trying to acquire some critical radar/composites underlying tech that we simply do not have and simply do not have the time to catch up in and we must buy the whole deal to get this piece. But whatever it is, i am not sold on the IAF's need for 120 Rafales.
True ,by then the fifth gen stealth sukhoi would have to be inducted.

More Rafales will be inducted atleast 126 Rafale will be in IAF.The gov to gov contract means no need of tender and French Govt. is guarantee of quality and delivery plus prices are same as the French AF.
Are we forgetting tech transfer and maintainance?

Shukla is a lifafa journalist. Until last year he was advocating scrapping MMRCA and approaching uncle sam to buy f35s. His intentions are shady to say the least. Even if India buys 36 Rafales (which I don't see happening), it makes no difference in the grand scheme. Most important thing from the french trip has been the Jaitapur nuclear plant proceedings.

Shukla is a lifafa journalist. Until last year he was advocating scrapping MMRCA and approaching uncle sam to buy f35s. His intentions are shady to say the least. Even if India buys 36 Rafales (which I don't see happening), it makes no difference in the grand scheme. Most important thing from the french trip has been the Jaitapur nuclear plant proceedings.
Stop being a partisan spin doctor and be a patriot like you claim to be. so far, its a pretty categoric failure from modi if the ToT doesnt materialize. Its clear cut example of modi's inability to think strategically w.r.t national defence and a clear failure to put long term interests of india as a non negotiable platform. Whether shukla is a lifafa journo or a modi bhakt, it doesnt chamge the fact that modi puts indian r&d in defense sector back by 20 years if the claims of lacking ToT is true. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

Stop being a partisan spin doctor and be a patriot like you claim to be. so far, its a pretty categoric failure from modi if the ToT doesnt materialize. Its clear cut example of modi's inability to think strategically w.r.t national defence and a clear failure to put long term interests of india as a non negotiable platform. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
TOT:giggle: Goras will give you thulla. How is that screwdriver tech from su30s deal working out? It is pathetic and embarrassing for a country the size of India to have a virtually non-existent MIC. NAMO is only trying to correct the chewtiyapa that slaves have left him behind.

TOT:giggle: Goras will give you thulla. How is that screwdriver tech from su30s deal working out? It is pathetic and embarrassing for a country the size of India to have a virtually non-existent MIC. NAMO is only trying to correct the chewtiyapa that slaves have left him behind.
He's trying to correct it by letting the goras get off the hook by lwtting them withold tech by how exactly ? Had modi scuppered the deal, i'd have understood. As it'd have forced investment in indegenous defence industries. But he just downsized the deal to 36 jets with zero ToT. Thats definitely a step backwards. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

He's trying to correct it by letting the goras get off the hook by lwtting them withold tech by how exactly ? Had modi scuppered the deal, i'd have understood. As it'd have forced investment in indegenous defence industries. But he just downsized the deal to 36 jets with zero ToT. Thats definitely a step backwards. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
No deal has been signed. It is like all those MoUs that are signed between countries and companies. Wishes, Intentions etc. Rafale supposedly won the competition 3 years ago, what happened to the contract that was supposed to be signed?

BTW, lets suppose this deal goes through. It will be for 4-5 billion. Original deal had already crossed 20 billion. And you aren't getting the know how that goes behind snecma engines <<< Thing that India needs the most. For those extra 16 billion you can start 16 different GTREs (1 billion each )and I guarantee one will come up with a world class engine.

BTW' date=' lets suppose this deal goes through. It will be for 4-5 billion. Original deal had already crossed 20 billion. And you aren't getting the know how that goes behind snecma engines <<< Thing that India needs the most. For those extra 16 billion you can start 16 different GTREs (1 billion each )and I guarantee one will come up with a world class engine.[/quote'] Then why buy the 36 rafales ? Instead order 36 GE404s and make tejas. As the article correctly points out, this is setting a wrong example to foreign suppliers. Also I dont get why the french wont give us full ToT for rafales when they gave us pretty much everyting for the scorpene subs...those cost like 1.5 billion a piece... Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

BTW' date=' lets suppose this deal goes through. It will be for 4-5 billion. Original deal had already crossed 20 billion. And you aren't getting the know how that goes behind snecma engines <<< Thing that India needs the most. For those extra 16 billion you can start 16 different GTREs (1 billion each )and I guarantee one will come up with a world class engine.[/quote'] Lol Egypt wil pay 6 billion us b$for 24 rafale jets. http://www.timesofisrael.com/france-egypt-first-foreign-buyer-of-french-rafale-fighters/. This is complete failure from modi government.