Row over govt's plan to build 'composite townships' for Kashmiri pandits

FischerTal

While I appreciate this move of the BJP-PDP government, I don't really think any incentive is going to get Kashmiri Pandits back. They are now happily settled in other parts of the country or abroad. They aren't coming back. Some of them might buy property as an investment here, but don't expect them to stay there.

While I appreciate this move of the BJP-PDP government' date=' I don't really think any incentive is going to get Kashmiri Pandits back. They are now happily settled in other parts of the country or abroad. They aren't coming back. Some of them might buy property as an investment here, but don't expect them to stay there.[/quote'] Many KPs still are living like beggars in NCR region. No land, no house, they left all their property in Kashmir and ran away to refugee camps only for the local Kashmiris there to steal all their belongings in the aftermath of the exodus. Watch some documentary on them, some are still living in make shift camps near Delhi under the most inhumane conditions imaginable, for close to 25 years. Sadly even BJP has abandoned their cause, only use their names before elections to garner votes and then do nothing to improve their lives.