The AIMIM thread

Gollum

link
Were your statements on ghar wapasi and every person being born Muslim aimed at polarising Muslims just as the VHP-RSS’s strategy might be to polarise Hindus on the other side? Firstly, you have to listen to the full 90 minutes of my speech before jumping to any conclusions. I stated that it is a widespread Islamic belief that every human being is born a Muslim and either parents or circumstances mould people into other faiths. That is my belief. I quoted a verse from the Quran 2:256 which states that “there shall be no compulsion in (acceptance of) religion. Truth stands out clear from error.†People are free to disagree with me and my statements. Did I at any point say that Sharia should be made the rule of law? Did I say that people should not be given ration cards unless they convert? Did I say it is my way or the highway? What is wrong in stating an Islamic belief? There are different beliefs among Hindus too. Do I question them? An anchor on a TV channel says, ‘Owaisi ka munh kaun band karvayega’? Arre, the last time I checked, India was a democracy. There are 4,600 communities in this country and I totally stand for pluralism. It is obnoxious to compare me with the RSS whose only aim is to convert India into a majoritarian state. What was all that about paan thookna? It was said in a lighter vein that Hyderabadi log toh ek lakh ka paan khaake thook dete hain, humko paanch lakh se kya khareedoge? I was referring to the reported price of conversion of Rs 5 lakh for Muslims and Rs2 lakh for Christians. The government issued an ad on Minorities Rights Day on December 18 in all newspapers saying the true test of a civilisation lies in how it treats its minorities. Is this how we are treated? By placing a price on our heads? By calling us chori ka samaan? By threatening us to change our religion? People are interpreting my statements in various ways but believe me I don’t say such things keeping in mind what is politically good for me. In the Lok Sabha polls and in Uttar Pradesh, the BJP proved its ability to split both minority and Dalit votes. Your political activities, feel some observers, may help further divide anti-BJP votes. What would be your reaction? "What more votes can I divide? The BJP government won 280 seats. Am I responsible for them getting that number?" What more division in votes can happen now? What further rot can set in? We are already at the rock bottom of democracy. See, the BJP government won 280 seats, am I responsible for them getting that number? When Hindu votes get divided, no one poses this question. Why then are Muslims asked this question when they want to fight elections and stand up with dignity? At the end of the day, yes, I am a politician and yes, I will seek votes. And yes, the MIM will definitely go to UP and Delhi to contest polls. My core support base is the youth. What is wrong if they want to be in positions of power? (Assam MP) Badruddin Ajmal has tried to do what you are doing now—mobilise minorities in favour of a new political party. Does it imply creating another Muslim League? Hang on! Are you saying I am trying to divide the nation? People are welcome to call me any number of adjectives such as “communal†etc. But please don’t call me anti-national. I was born in 1969 and I don’t carry any such baggage. My whole struggle is to participate in the Indian parliamentary democracy. I want India to be more powerful and its roots strengthened. I don’t want to be a Muslim leader but a servant of the Muslim masses. Win*ning and losing elections are part and parcel of a politician’s career. My primary duty is to involve the Muslim community in parliamentary politics, to create awareness and remove fear. What’s the status of Muslims after the Sachar report? Out of the 70-odd recommendations of the Sachar Committee, only one or two have been implemented such as pre- and post-matric scholarships, merit-cum-needs scholarships. But many others such as equal opportunities, diversity index and Waqf properties have not been implemented. The Kundu Committee which gave an evaluation report of the Sachar Committee stated that there has not been much improvement and gave a new set of recommendations. For example, it said that scholarships have to be demand-driven. Currently, there are 10-15 Muslim students competing for one scholarship. The Kundu Committee also suggested that there be an increase in the number of itis and the scholarship amount and the like. You have been strident in your criticism of the ISIS and have exhorted Muslim youth to do charity instead. "I keep telling Muslim youth to learn religion sitting at the feet of elders, not from Hazrat Google. Type jehad and you get Hafiz Saeed.†Yes. Who are people like Hafiz Saeed to talk about Quran and its values? He has killed innocent Indians and is the nat*ion’s enemy and therefore an enemy of Islam. I also condemn others such as ISIS Twitter handler Mehdi Masroor Biswas alias Shami who issues statements on beheading. The Quran does not allow beheading. I keep telling Muslim youth to learn religion by sitting at the feet of elders and not from “Hazrat Googleâ€. Sadly, people nowadays just log on to the net for gui*dance. You type jehad and you get Hafiz Saeed. But the truth is that the Prophet taught us to spread peace and be disciplined. The Prophet says that even if there is a stone on the road, remove it. I tell all youth even remotely getting ins*pired by such websites to go and do jehad in a democratic way. Give tuition to poor students, protect the elderly, contest elections. What is your assessment of the Modi government and of minority affairs minister Najma Heptullah? It has been six months but the Modi government has been quiet on various major incidents. Yes, petrol prices might have fallen but poverty is still hurting most of the voting class of India. Isn’t that what Modi promised to eliminate? For further analysis, we will have to wait till the Budget is presented. As for Ms Najma Heptullah, I have not had much opportunity to interact with her. You say Modi ought to question Barack Obama about the foreign funds being used for conversions. Yes, there have been several leaders talking about funds coming in from the US and other Western nations for conversions. If the BJP is really so worried about it, why not ask President Obama when he visits India for the Republic Day about it? Ask him to stop such fund flow if Mr Modi really believes that is the case. There have been protests against Aamir Khan’s PK for hurting Hindu religious sentiments. Have you seen it? I am really not much of a movie-goer because I don’t have the patience to sit and watch a film for three hours. In fact, my wife tells me that I am such a big egoist I can’t watch another person for half-an-hour, let alone three hours (laughs). But really, I always tell people that if they are hurt by anything in movies, just walk out. There are avenues of protests such as filing a complaint with the Censor Board or going to court. You have gone to court against three publications which stated that you asked Indian Muslims to join the Pakistan army if both nations went to war. Yes I filed defamatory suits against all of them for their ridiculous reports, now they are all falling over themselves to apologise or say that the reports were wrong. As I said earlier, I can stand anything but not being called anti-national.

I personally feel this guy does not mind Hindus at all, but he uses speeches to polarise. They have a two prong strategy. Younger one is out spoken and radical. Older one is more reserved and relatively moderate. There was a time in the early 00s when the Thakarey brothers sort of had the same strategy. Raj was the firebrand while Uddhav was the moderate planner. Problem was that Raj eventually wanted much more than to play second fiddle and Uddhav saw him as a treat. You know the rest. I see the same signs in the battle of brothers. the need to expand more than anything is a case of them, Owaisis accommodating growing family members. Had they been stuck to one lok sabha seat and 7-8 assembly seats in Telangana, there would come a time when somebody would rebel and divide the votes causing them to lose their solidarity seat. Which is why we need to see how many family members they field in the greater hyderabad municipal corporation.

Muslim version of Shivsena/RSS
Hmm, you conveniently clubbed some great people with MIM? People wanna call RSS terrorist or same as JeM, LeT and what not. Gandhiji's loss was very tough on people of India. Godse left RSS nearly 10 years before he attacked Gandhiji. He formed a militant organization and which was anti nation in nature. RSS is all about protecting Indian hindus. I may not agree with their ideologies completely but they are saint in front of MIM. These MIM idiots brazenly makes fun of Godess Laxmi in front of 10s of thousands of people. I will make sure that I ignore your post going forward.

1. RSS never supported Britishers during the freedom movement, it is a lie fabricated by liberals who want an excuse to belittle them.
RSS were more than happy to under British.Pretty much part of the divide and rule politics of British employed.Golwalkar did not want to be part of Freedom struggle as it sought freedom for all the Indian people irrespective of religious differences. Since it did not assure the formation of a Hindu Rasthra, Golwalkar as Hindu nationalist provided the following ideological rationale for keeping aloof from the ongoing struggle against the colonial rule.
We stand for national regeneration and not for the haphazard bundle of political rights- the state. What we want is swaraj; and we must be definite what this ‘swa’means, Our Kingdom-Who we are? It is this question [that is] most pertinent at this stage that we shall attempt to answer. For this purpose, we must analyse and understand the universally acknowledged nation concept and see how far we actually subscribe to it. And if we do not , why, and whether such an aberration is in anyway proper. We must also see what the nation idea should denote to us in our struggle for national regeneration, by applying the universal concept to our case. And we will look at our problem from more points of view than one
Golwalkar did not want to give the British any excuse to ban the RSS. When the British Government banned military drills and use of uniforms in non-official organizations, Golwalkar terminated the RSS military department. RSS only opposed Gandhiji not Indian freedom mmovement my foot. Sardar V Patel on RSS and role in Gandhi assasination Vallabhbhai Patel was vindicated. He had written to Nehru on February 27, 1948: “I have kept myself almost in daily touch with the progress of the investigation regarding Bapu’s assassination case.” His conclusion was: “It was a fanatical wing of the Hindu Mahasabha directly under Savarkar that [hatched] the conspiracy and saw it through.” http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/how-savarkar-escaped-the-gallows/article4358048.ece "All their (RSS) leaders' speeches were full of communal poison. As a final result of the poi-son...an atmosphere was created in which such a ghastly tragedy (Gandhi's assassination) became possible...RSS men expressed joy and distributed sweets after Gandhiji's death."Excerpts from Sardar Patel's letters to M.S. Golwalkar and S.P. Mookerjee.

http://www.rediff.com/news/special/cops-fired-the-bullets-but-the-brain-was-somebody-else/20150420.htm 'Cops fired the bullets, but the brain was somebody else' All five men, allegedly Students Islamic Movement of India activists, were facing trial under various charges: Of killing policemen between December 2008 and May 2010; being a member of a radical outfit Darsgah Jehad O Shahadat; and being the founder of a fundamentalist organisation Tehreek Galba E Islam (Vikaruddin); of being a sympathiser and provider of logistics to Vikaruddin (Dr Hanif); and supplying pistol to Vikaruddin (Mohammadd Izrar Khan). The brothers of 2 of these terrorists work in Owaisi's hospital in Hyderabad(from the article), now AIMIM launching another propaganda against the Telengana government. Jalsa in Hyderabad to protest against KCR government. Mum about the killing of 3 Telangana policemen(including a Muslim constable) by SIMI cadre 2 days before this encounter. And people compare this terrorist political party with BJP/SS :hysterical:

RSS were more than happy to under British.Pretty much part of the divide and rule politics of British employed.Golwalkar did not want to be part of Freedom struggle as it sought freedom for all the Indian people irrespective of religious differences. Since it did not assure the formation of a Hindu Rasthra, Golwalkar as Hindu nationalist provided the following ideological rationale for keeping aloof from the ongoing struggle against the colonial rule. Golwalkar did not want to give the British any excuse to ban the RSS. When the British Government banned military drills and use of uniforms in non-official organizations, Golwalkar terminated the RSS military department. RSS only opposed Gandhiji not Indian freedom mmovement my foot. Sardar V Patel on RSS and role in Gandhi assasination Vallabhbhai Patel was vindicated. He had written to Nehru on February 27, 1948: “I have kept myself almost in daily touch with the progress of the investigation regarding Bapu’s assassination case.†His conclusion was: “It was a fanatical wing of the Hindu Mahasabha directly under Savarkar that [hatched] the conspiracy and saw it through.†http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/how-savarkar-escaped-the-gallows/article4358048.ece "All their (RSS) leaders' speeches were full of communal poison. As a final result of the poi-son...an atmosphere was created in which such a ghastly tragedy (Gandhi's assassination) became possible...RSS men expressed joy and distributed sweets after Gandhiji's death."Excerpts from Sardar Patel's letters to M.S. Golwalkar and S.P. Mookerjee.
Thanks for sharing this. Wasn't aware. Sardar Patel seemed to be very categorical and full of despise against RSS loonies. It is shameless from these organizations when they try to take up role of champion of Sardar Patel's cause, in their efforts to put Nehru and Gandhi. Coming from Sardar Patel, it puts RSS support and sympathy to killers of Gandhi beyond doubt. And they claim RSS is a nationalist and patriotic organization.

AIMIM have left the congress behind in the Aurangabad municipal corportation elections. Won 19 wards compared to 5 of the congress. Are on course to increase their count. But the Sena-BJP alliance has thus far in counting zoomed away.....their margin of victory is odds on to heavily increase. 45 currently on 79 results out. It appears to be a thumping win for the saffron alliance. Congress has been decimated.....NCP did not have a base.

extremely strong performance from MIM 25 seats out of 113 in Auranganad muncipal polls and the congress have collpased to 10. They are the second largest party in there after the shiv sena who are on 29 and the BJP who are on 22. There are 19 others most of whom are shiv sena or bjp dissidants. So the saffron combine can rule with ease. No worries. A lot of them will be welcomed back into their political parties for proving their political bones. On the whole the rise of MIM has widened the victory for the saffron allinace. But the MIM has managed to eat into the Congress vote bank not only by having Muslims voting for them but even members of the SC community. Even the BSP have lost out to them. MIM blanked in navi mumbai but that was expected. Will be interesting to see what Nanded holds for the MIM in 2017. They made their first major foray into Maharashtra via Nanded municipal polls and it was Ashok Chavan who got the congress over the line. But the Congress are reeling badly.

extremely strong performance from MIM 25 seats out of 113 in Auranganad muncipal polls and the congress have collpased to 10. They are the second largest party in there after the shiv sena who are on 29 and the BJP who are on 22. There are 19 others most of whom are shiv sena or bjp dissidants. So the saffron combine can rule with ease. No worries. A lot of them will be welcomed back into their political parties for proving their political bones. On the whole the rise of MIM has widened the victory for the saffron allinace. But the MIM has managed to eat into the Congress vote bank not only by having Muslims voting for them but even members of the SC community. Even the BSP have lost out to them. MIM blanked in navi mumbai but that was expected. Will be interesting to see what Nanded holds for the MIM in 2017. They made their first major foray into Maharashtra via Nanded municipal polls and it was Ashok Chavan who got the congress over the line. But the Congress are reeling badly.
Worrying signs!

depends worrying signs if you are congress good signs for the sena-bjp if they remain in alliance. The truth is if the NCP and Congress do ally they are easily going to get 30-35% of the vote as a minimum across the state. MIM are never going to come near to that. The only reason they got 25 seats if cause the congress-ncp decided to fight alone. Had there need a ncp congress alliance i think congress would have eaten into MIM and they would be down to 10 seats. The sooner the congress and nco realise this going it alone in the present scenarios when both the sena and the bjp are stronger them on an inidivudal basis the better. Your from Thane right? There in the entire district the whole congress infrastructure has defected to the Sena or the BJP.

I meant that in the sense of MIM having a pan Indian presence.What happens if they decide to ally with AAP or Congress in the future?
the problem is they do that in maharashtra and many hindu voters will desert them. Especially the maratha voters who form a big central bone of the NCP-Congress vote base. secondly already in maharashtra there are alliances. Two is a company three is a crowd. Look at the mahayuti. 5 parties and already raju shetty has basically been freewheeled out. Even ramdas athavle is being marginalised (though he does not have major presence outside mumbai).

the problem is they do that in maharashtra and many hindu voters will desert them. Especially the maratha voters who form a big central bone of the NCP-Congress vote base. secondly already in maharashtra there are alliances. Two is a company three is a crowd. Look at the mahayuti. 5 parties and already raju shetty has basically been freewheeled out. Even ramdas athavle is being marginalised (though he does not have major presence outside mumbai).
Maharashtra is different, am talking about Assam,WB.Bihar and other backward states

Maharashtra is different' date=' am talking about Assam,WB.Bihar and other backward states[/quote'] its the same thing there of sorts Hindu voters will dump the people who ally with them. . Assam already has its own muslim party. MIM would be a total dud there. Similar to how MIM would be dud in Kerala due to presence of the Muslims league Indian Union. But this is not about backward states. Its about MIM and its arc of influence in territories ruled by the Nizam. Marathwada is central in that arc.