10 Greatest Indians

don_corleone840

Just becoz a percentage of people abuse it doesn't mean it is crap It was a novel concept when it started and India definitely needed it and we still need it .But unfortunately as usual like anything in India this get abused as well We still need reservation system in India but needs a lot of reforms
really people are promoted based on reservations. . It shouldn't even be a seat in education as along as they get scholarships. where about other people ?

Please read about BR Ambedkar and his vision for reservation before spouting crap. Even today there is a very high need for reservations ( I am an upper caste individual), bcos the amount of **** that happens in rural India towards discriminating lower castes is still mind boggling.

Pre-Independence: Chanakya, (writer of Arthashastra) Ashoka Aryabhata Bhaskara I Bhaskara II or Bhaskaracharya Brahmagupta Kalidasa Krishna Deva Raya Prithviraj Chauhan Shivaji Independence Era: Mahatma Gandhi CV Raman Rabindranath Tagore Subhash Chandra Bose Bhagat Singh Dr. Ramanujam B.R. Ambedkar Swami Vivekananda Sardar Patel Homi Jahangir Bhabha

Please read about BR Ambedkar and his vision for reservation before spouting crap. Even today there is a very high need for reservations ( I am an upper caste individual)' date=' bcos the amount of **** that happens in rural India towards discriminating lower castes is still mind boggling.[/quote'] So some upward people discriminate and So all the upward castes get discriminated every where. What a logic. You didn't mention what kind of discrimination. Are they stopping these guys from going to schools ?

He proposed it for a decade or two only and that too for a very small set of people. Reservation was supposed to end by 1970 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But aren't scholarships enough why fiddle with admissions and promotions ? Thats means you are taking less merit people and discriminating against others. Isn't the whole point of reservations to take out discrimination. In process their is discrimination against others.

But aren't scholarships enough why fiddle with admissions and promotions ? Thats means you are taking less merit people and discriminating against others. Isn't the whole point of reservations to take out discrimination. In process their is discrimination against others.
Nope, not that easy. If you argue there needs to be some factor for poverty level, I would be interested in talking about that. Scholarships are not enough, the reason being even if they get into schools they may not do well, not because they are not smart or hard working, but exposure, cultural biases that creep into subjects and testing strategies etc. It takes generations of upward mobility to reach the same place with people who come from upper middle class/middle class type culture and society.

So some upward people discriminate and So all the upward castes get discriminated every where. What a logic. You didn't mention what kind of discrimination. Are they stopping these guys from going to schools ?
Yep that happens too. Google problems dailts face if you dont believe me.

It is very hard to grade who is the best Indian. Best in what will be the question. Kamaraj who absolutely had no education change the state of education in TN . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._Kamaraj
I wasn't talking about Swaminathan being the greatest Indian ever but at least being in the list. And I agree - there just can't be one greatest Indian across all fields (though Gandhi would come closest in that aspect).

Post Independence, this was what was polled by Indians in Outlook in 2012 ( in collaboration with CNN-IBN and History Channel ). They deliberately excluded MK Gandhi as it would be a no contest on Greatest Indian. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_Indian 1. [Dr B.R. Ambedkar]]- chairman of the drafting committee of the Constitution of India 2. J. R. D. Tata 3. Lata Mangeshkar 4. Sachin Tendulkar 5. Jawaharlal Nehru 6. Mother Teresa 7. Atal Bihari Vajpayee 8. Vallabhbhai Patel 9. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam 10. Indira Gandhi