we should not be overtly happy

although in cricker books it will be 3-1 in favour of india...but since the start..WI have taken this series as practice...even indians did the same.. they rested their main players...tested various combinations... so in a way..its not about INDIA VS WI... its like friendly games berween BCCI XI and carribean XI.. same will happen with SL... Vaas and Murli are not coming... india will beat SL again.. IMO...at best we should judge the form of our bowlers and batsmen...before WC...by playing these games... and thats why...win or loss...did not excite me in this friendly series...nor will against SL...

Re: we should not be overtly happy

although in cricker books it will be 3-1 in favour of india...but since the start..WI have taken this series as practice...even indians did the same.. they rested their main players...tested various combinations... so in a way..its not about INDIA VS WI... its like friendly games berween BCCI XI and carribean XI.. same will happen with SL... Vaas and Murli are not coming... india will beat SL again.. IMO...at best we should judge the form of our bowlers and batsmen...before WC...by playing these games... and thats why...win or loss...did not excite me in this friendly series...nor will against SL...
wat u say, doesnt hold any water.... javelin thrower is owned by us.... i nthe last 10 matches against us, he averages 30 and has taken only 12 wkts.... Baldysuriya is even worse... he is officially bunnysuriya against us.... he averages around 25 in his last 10 matches against us...... both chose not to play to presrve their reputations..... infact, last time, bunnysuriya played us, they dropped him.... he doesnt wanna lose his WC spot and tht too after struggling so much to get back into the team...

Re: we should not be overtly happy Anyways a favorable win and a win by a big margin as yesterday is only going to help the team. Winning is a habit as is losing (ask England) and it only helps buliding up to a big tourney by winning some. Hopefully the batters and the bowlers are peaking at the right time.

Re: we should not be overtly happy I am sure the challenge will be 10 times tougher in WI. Taking nothing away from our players, India has always been good at home. Anyway as someone has said, any win is good. Hopefully players have taken a lot of confidence from this game. Conditions will be hopefully similar in WI. But it is always fun (for me) to see Batsmen slugging it out on batsmen-unfriendly pitches as in the Champions trophy. Only then you see he real skill of a Batsman, init?

Re: we should not be overtly happy Nah the conditions will not be similar in WI. The pithces are going to help seamers more and since they are mostly freshly laid will seam around. at leasst thats what tom moody says while inspecting the pitches in WI. It seems everyone is inspecting the pitches in WI except India and i guess Kenya

Nah the conditions will not be similar in WI. The pithces are going to help seamers more and since they are mostly freshly laid will seam around. at leasst thats what tom moody says while inspecting the pitches in WI. It seems everyone is inspecting the pitches in WI except India and i guess Kenya
Where did you read that the pitches were inspected by Tom Moody and others recently?

Re: we should not be overtly happy "Tom (Moody) and I had a chat over the phone after he'd inspected the wickets in the West Indies. Different venues will provide us with different challenges. We need to have not one combination but two or three, depending on what kind of surfaces we get and the grounds and the opposition. India would be an ideal scenario for us to try these things out and see exactly what kind of players would suit in the different kinds of combinations," he said. http://content-eap.cricinfo.com/srilanka/content/story/278061.html

Re: we should not be overtly happy Although this win is not gonna matter much, this series has will be seen as a positive. For starters, we now have 4 openers who can do well. Sehwag has been atlast rightfully dropped and even when he comes back, most probably wont open. The batting line up for the WC has been narrowed down to gangs,utappa,gambhir,sachin,dravid,yuvray,karthik and pbly sehwag. No more trying out raina, kaif,mongia etc and probably no place for them in the WC. 3 spinners are almost assured for the WC squad. Pace bowling needs to be taken care of.

Nah the conditions will not be similar in WI. The pithces are going to help seamers more and since they are mostly freshly laid will seam around. at leasst thats what tom moody says while inspecting the pitches in WI. It seems everyone is inspecting the pitches in WI except India and i guess Kenya
If it is freshly laid and there has not been enough games so far why do you think it will aid the fast bowlers? Just because it is freshly laid it doesn't mean it should help the fast bowlers. Traditionally WI pitches are different at each venues. It used to be good for batting as well as bowling in the past but over the years it has gone slow not helping the bowlers nor the batters. Usually you don't expect green tops for the World cup for obvious reasons. The WC in South Africa was an excellent indication of this. Anyways India have been short found in the last few months but you can't discount a line up consisting of Ganguly, Rahul and Tendulkar. These three have over 35000 international ODI runs and the experience they take with them is massive. Tendulkar has about 4 WC experience and Rahul and Ganguly 2 each.

Re: we should not be overtly happy i think there was an article in cricinfo about the pitches in WI this time around. They are unlike the normal WI pitches. And i bielive the ICC is also involved with the preperation of these pitches. It was n the article that i first read about Moody being there in WI and later in the Jayawardhane interview. Freshly laid pitches need not help fast bowlers. true eden world cup semis :wall: but the report in cricinfo stated that the pitches might be green and help seamers. be quiet unlike the regular WI pitches.