My biggest issue with Indian films.

Temujin Khaghan

mine: actors here are allowed to lip sync for someone else's voice in the songs. all over the world, there are musicals made. but everywhere actors lend their voice for the songs. tom cruise, jackie chan, russell crowe and other action heroes too have sang for their roles. they refuse to give lip sync for other people's voice. i dont mind serious characters like dons and police officers singing in the rain or around a bush just 10 minutes after a serious scene. it is that they are allowed to lip sync for someone else's voice is my problem. funniest part is that when young stupid actors pay tribute to old stupid actors in filmfare awards, it is mostly with the songs in the actor's movies - which are ****ing sung by someone else for heaven's sake. so the songs are a legacy of the music director and the singer and not the actor.... Anushka Sharma about her role in Bombay velvet : “It is a very internalised performance. Rosie does not say much in the movie. She expresses herself only through her songs,” someone tell this stupid ***** that as a result of which, she did nothing in the movie because she neither has dialogues nor the songs were sung by her. --- btw whats your biggest issue with Indian films? :--D

mine: actors here are allowed to lip sync for someone else's voice in the songs. all over the world, there are musicals made. but everywhere actors lend their voice for the songs. tom cruise, jackie chan, russell crowe and other action heroes too have sang for their roles. they refuse to give lip sync for other people's voice. i dont mind serious characters like dons and police officers singing in the rain or around a bush just 10 minutes after a serious scene. it is that they are allowed to lip sync for someone else's voice is my problem. funniest part is that when young stupid actors pay tribute to old stupid actors in filmfare awards, it is mostly with the songs in the actor's movies - which are ****ing sung by someone else for heaven's sake. Anushka Sharma about her role in Bombay velvet : It is a very internalised performance. Rosie does not say much in the movie. She expresses herself only through her songs, someone tell this stupid ***** that as a result of which, she did nothing in the movie because she neither has dialogues nor the songs were sung by her. --- btw whats your biggest issue with Indian films? :--D
Don't say Indian films, say Bollywood. Agree with what you are saying 100pc

Indian film business runs on star value, people like to watch stars, they go to movies because of the stars.., playback singers are 6th tier male actors, female actors, directors, producers, music composers and then playback singers. and are just above film crew. People will go to the movies because of Anushka and not some singer whose face they have not seen. Filmfare award tributes are for songs, because the younger ones can't act out the scenes, but can move their feet. Nothing can change. Bollywood or other IFI, it's all the same. South has dynasties of film stars. People go to movies because the hero is from their caste. So, it's even worse.

Indian film business runs on star value, people like to watch stars, they go to movies because of the stars.., playback singers are 6th tier male actors, female actors, directors, producers, music composers and then playback singers. and are just above film crew. People will go to the movies because of Anushka and not some singer whose face they have not seen. Filmfare award tributes are for songs, because the younger ones can't act out the scenes, but can move their feet. Nothing can change. Bollywood or other IFI, it's all the same. South has dynasties of film stars. People go to movies because the hero is from their caste. So, it's even worse.
it was made like that, because the actors tribe has subdued the singers tribe. you can go anywhere in the world and see that the musicians and singers are way more popular than actors in that country. superstars of Canto pop, K-pop and J-pop are much more popular then movie superstars among the youth of their respective countries. also if you see USA, the fan following of the no.1 star of the country is subdued completely by the fan following of the no.1 musicians. if downey, depp, denziel, will smith act in stupid films they will flop forget eminem and bon jovi. even if kanye west comes out with an above average album, they will become chartbusters. thats the power of a musician's star power. if music industry was parallel to cinema industry in india like the rest of the world, the musicians might have been popular too i guess. they went to the 6th tier, because of the system. although i cannot imagine, SPB being a heartthrob; yesudas had a huge female fan following in south india and rafi/kishore kumar had a huge following in the hindi speaking areas. just imagine if they were represented by their own video songs instead of shammi kapoor and rajesh khanna. they would have been the mega stars of their age.

:giggle: kyys4.jpg

I dont want any northie bros to take it personally but, Bollywood is a national embarrassment for many urban Indians. I mean, we are such a huge country with such a big market. but we cant make movies which are half as good as what koreans make for heavens sake. i can understand that we cant make movies like they do in hollywood due to budget constraints i can understand we cant imitate chinese kung fu movies because our martial arts have become stunted thanks to 200 years of famine and epic pwnage by British but why the **** cant Bollywood make movies like the ones Koreans, Japanese and Europeans, who make very meaningful movies with small budgets... there are a few people like Irfan Khan who try to make meaningful movies once in a while. but north indian mass audience dont even go near those movies.

I agree fully. The worst thing are those tours the Bollywood actors go on around the world where they lip synch to songs. Who the hell wants to see Salman Khan miming to Sonu Nigam and Mika songs? You even see these tv serial actors do bollywood style lip synching at their tv award shows. Why? They have no connection whatsoever to those songs or movies. I'm fed up of all the Bollywood dancing on every tv show. Even at sports award shows they have to have some dancing. Do Indian people have that low an attention span that they need to see dancing every 5 mins to keep their attention? There should be a line drawn between the movie and music industries in India. People like Sonu Nigam, KK, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghoshal deserve to be as big stars as SRK and Salman Khan. Yet the actors get more credit for the songs than the singers themselves. Indi-pop was big in the 90s and early 2000s but Bollywood swallowed it up unfortunately.

I dont want any northie bros to take it personally but, Bollywood is a national embarrassment for many urban Indians. I mean, we are such a huge country with such a big market. but we cant make movies which are half as good as what koreans make for heavens sake. i can understand that we cant make movies like they do in hollywood due to budget constraints i can understand we cant imitate chinese kung fu movies because our martial arts have become stunted thanks to 200 years of famine and epic pwnage by British but why the **** cant Bollywood make movies like the ones Koreans, Japanese and Europeans, who make very meaningful movies with small budgets... there are a few people like Irfan Khan who try to make meaningful movies once in a while. but north indian mass audience dont even go near those movies.
Bollywood gives what the public demands just like your vijaykanth or rajnikanth, balaiya rubbish you have in south. Blame the buyers, not the sellers. Sellers give you what you ask for. Its not the other way around.

What are your views of Bollywood movies like Iqbal, Johnny gaddar, A Wednesday, Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Aamir, etc (forgetting some names that fall in the same category) or even movies like Rocket Singh? Comedies like Hera Pheri were hilarious. Personally, I found them to be quite good

There is nothing wrong with that .Great actors doesn't necessarily need to be great singers . In 40-50s Tamil cinema it was like that .Actors will sing their songs themselves. At least in Tamil cinema . There is someone called Thiyagaraja Bhagavathar who became superstar mainly becoz of his voice and songs . Its just with years cine field people have realized both acting and Singer are are different skills .Hardly there are actors even the great ones who are great at singing . And why just blame Bollywood all Indian film industry in India are like that

That's Bollywood, and that's what makes it different. We have our own weird little touches, and I find that interesting. It's just like subcontinental culture. It maybe sh*t, but a lot of people do find it interesting.

If you don't like Bolly movies, don't watch them. Simple as that. I don't like them and in last 2 years I have only watched 3 Bollywood movies :dontknow: Songs are the only thing good about Bollywood. If stars start singing they will become pathetic just like Farhan Akhtar's songs :facepalm:

Cant they just do away with dancing in films ? I'm fine with songs as long as they are used as background songs. Lip sync songs and dancing looks ridiculous and takes you out of the experience. Having more realism in storytelling and acting will help.