Modi's Government Foreign Trips & External Affairs

Sachin=GOD

^that is really pathetic from the govt. Really cant imagine who they are trying to save.
Honestly, No world war II looser leader survived character assassination (not assassination). I think Brits, Russians, Americans- All three would have given no respite to a insignificant slave India (of 1947) when it came to dealing with Netaji. I am sure, Not just Nehuru but probably even Gandhi and Patel would have been forced to sign death warrant of Netaji.

However, Saw a business story yeterday on bbc breakfast about 500 billion pounds to develop Indias infrastructure development. How stock market and rest of world is looking at India to replace China as growth engine of developing economies. It was first time since Modi that bbc has covered India in positive manner. But message was very emphatic. Probably groundwork is being prepared towards Modis upcoming visit to UK

^that is really pathetic from the govt. Really cant imagine who they are trying to save.
I recall reading an article on TOI a while back which tried to explain this Govt's reluctance , Perhaps those classified files contain some terribly adverse details regarding Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel 's role.
Agreed, pathetic cop out from the govt. I think the files contain incriminating evidence against Nehru, MK Gandhi and Russia. Every other leader's legacy is expendable to the Congress barring the Nehru family and Gandhi. Even BJP has a lot of Bapu followers, Modi included.

Agreed, pathetic cop out from the govt. I think the files contain incriminating evidence against Nehru, MK Gandhi and Russia. Every other leader's legacy is expendable to the Congress barring the Nehru family and Gandhi. Even BJP has a lot of Bapu followers, Modi included.
Read this http://www.deccanherald.com/content/474486/declassify-all-netaji-files.html
Though Nehru has been honest and candid, the unmistakable conclusion is that he loved power. He was appointed vice president of the executive council of the viceroy on September 2, 1946 and became PM on August 15, 1947, and remained on the post lifelong. In 1947, he appointed his sister Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit ambassador to the USSR, and gave important positions to his cousins, Ratan Nehru, B K Nehru etc. In Moscow prison It is said that when Pandit was in Moscow, Stalin took her to Bose who was in prison there and asked her to convey to Nehru that he should not lean towards the USA, otherwise, he (Stalin) would send Bose back to India and then Nehru would lose power. When S Radhakrishnan succeeded Pandit, he is also said to have met Bose, and he blackmailed Nehru that he would expose him if he were not made the President of India.
and this http://www.newindianexpress.com/magazine/The-Prisoner-of-Yakutsk/2014/12/20/article2579321.ece

Don't want to get into the BJP vs Congress crap, but I wonder why some civilians consider themselves entitled to get details of classified information. It's obviously classified because government deems it could affect the security or foreign relations. Fair enough. I trust was government. Why should it suddenly be de-classified and exposed to the whole world placing the security of the country in jeopardy? All this just to satisfy the curiosity of a bunch of random individuals and journalists.

Yup I've read about this. It is the most plausible theory in my opinion. No other theory matches the whole 'will affect foreign relations' than this one.

Don't want to get into the BJP vs Congress crap, but I wonder why some civilians consider themselves entitled to get details of classified information. It's obviously classified because government deems it could affect the security or foreign relations. Fair enough. I trust was government. Why should it suddenly be de-classified and exposed to the whole world placing the security of the country in jeopardy? All this just to satisfy the curiosity of a bunch of random individuals and journalists.
In most cases, I would agree with you. But with regards to SC Bose, the govt. owes its people the truth. The leaders back then should have thought about all the repurcussions when they were playing their politics. This was a promise in the LS election manifesto of the BJP, so their u-turn on the issue is pathetic. If not full disclosure then even selective leaks will do. Something is better than nothing.

Yup I've read about this. It is the most plausible theory in my opinion. No other theory matches the whole 'will affect foreign relations' than this one.
Well! Still cant understand a motive why Russians will give death penalty to Netaji or let him die if you impose the idea that they could have used him to impose Communism in India.

In most cases, I would agree with you. But with regards to SC Bose, the govt. owes its people the truth. The leaders back then should have thought about all the repurcussions when they were playing their politics. This was a promise in the LS election manifesto of the BJP, so their u-turn on the issue is pathetic. If not full disclosure then even selective leaks will do. Something is better than nothing.
Serious BS by Modi govt. If anything, they would get a huge stick to beat the hell out of Congress.

Well! Still cant understand a motive why Russians will give death penalty to Netaji or let him die if you impose the idea that they could have used him to impose Communism in India.
Maybe because Bose would have not wanted to be a Soviet puppet? Maybe they trusted Nehru more and were willing to take out his political opponents to help him?

The Hindu :

"Modi to receive “Olympics style†reception from UK Indians"
Like the 1936 Olympics ? LINK
The Indian community in the United Kingdom has promised to outdo the rousing receptions that Prime Minister Narendra Modi received from Indian communities in the United States and Australia. It will not only be bigger in scale (70,000 at Wembley stadium, the organisers pledge), but will also have a cultural extravaganza, and “the largest fireworks display ever held in the United Kingdom.â€
Another song and dance Nautanki in a large stadium (hopefully not at the Tax payer's expense) , with the High Priest of self-aggrandizement , the Pradhan Dramey-baaz adorned in his designer finery and peddling vile banalities as a practiced Charlatan :"we need good governance" ,"children need education" , "Sky is high","water is wet" , "they are bad", "we are good" ; while thousands of NRI cheerGirls whip themselves into a state of religious delirium and synchronized servility , mindlessly heiling and chanting their Master's name in unison. The Indian Olympics , coming soon to a city near you .

The Hindu : Like the 1936 Olympics ? LINK Another song and dance Nautanki in a large stadium (hopefully not at the Tax payer's expense) , with the High Priest of self-aggrandizement , the Pradhan Dramey-baaz adorned in his designer finery and peddling vile banalities as a practiced Charlatan :"we need good governance" ,"children need education" , "Sky is high","water is wet" , "they are bad", "we are good" ; while thousands of NRI cheerGirls whip themselves into a state of religious delirium and synchronized servility , mindlessly heiling and chanting their Master's name in unison. The Indian Olympics , coming soon to a city near you .
We saw the 1936 olympics in Delhi already this month, featuring the CM of Delhi - this time fortunately with people not hanging to their deaths in front of him. And this was using TAXPAYER money. CMdjfWnVAAA9ekN.jpgCMcbrQwUEAAZOQa.jpg

IF these programs are funded by the Indian Govt then this is surely an enormous waste of public money and should be stopped or at least less funds should be used. But I think these are organized by the BJP - if that is the case then they can have as big a program as they like.

A special thread about this!! Wasn't he totally incapable of handling on foreign relations, didn't speak English well, had bad looks and really not sophisticated enough. At least, that's what some of our self-proclaimed elites wrote in 2014 about him. 1 long year and from a supposedly isolated and unwelcome Modi to now a Modi-led India which many countries welcomes openly and wants better relations. Today, we have a stronger ties with countries and better trade with them.