• Dinesh Karthik
    • Dale Steyn
    • Mitchell Johnson
    • Glenn Maxwell
    • Dwayne Smith
    • George Bailey
    • Virender Sehwag
    • Murali Vijay

Yuvraj Singh wins the title of the Most Worthless Player of IPL 2015! yuvraj-singh-sipping_pZkfL_17022.jpg Original OP follows... Continuing my yearly tradition of opening the customary thread for the most worthless player of the current IPL. Here are past winners of this dubious honor: IPL 2012: Yusuf Pathan IPL 2013: Kumara Sangakkara IPL 2014: Chris Gayle ******** And here are the nominations for IPL 2015: 1. Yuvraj Singh (Salary: $2.7 million) - Runs: 248, Av: 19, S/R: 118 2. Ravindra Jadeja (Salary: $2.0 million) - Runs: 102, Av: 17, S/R: 94 | Wkts: 10, Av: 27, E/R: 7.24 3. Dinesh Karthik (Salary: $1.75 million) - Runs: 105, Av: 12, S/R: 119 4. Dale Steyn (Salary: $1.2 million) - Wkts: 3, Av: 57, E/R: 8.9 5. Mitchell Johnson (Salary: $1.1 million) - Wkts: 9, Av: 37, E/R: 9.3 6. Glenn Maxwell (Salary: $1.0 million) - Runs: 145, Av: 13, S/R: 129 | Wkts: 2, Av: 49, E/R: 9.7 7. Dwayne Smith (Salary: $0.75 million) - Runs: 325, Av: 25, S/R: 120 8. George Bailey (Salary: $0.54 million) - Runs: 259, Av: 24, S/R: 136 9. Virender Sehwag (Salary: $0.5 million) - Runs: 99, Av: 12, S/R: 118 10. Murali Vijay (Salary: $0.5 million) - Runs: 251, Av: 23, S/R: 110 ** Salary information may not be accurate. If you find a discrepancy, point out and site the source and I will correct it here. Let the voting begin...

Remember the definition of a worthless player: A player who is earning big bucks this year but flopping miserably. The minimum salary of the player must be $300k. Also, the more money that the player earns and the poorer the performance the more worthless he is. E.g. if player A and player B had identical performances and if A earned $500k and B earned $2 million, then B is more worthless

Players that haven't got a chance to play cannot be considered worthless because the franchise owners did not give them an opportunity. This has been consistent with all prior year threads on the subject as well.

Dwayne Smith ??? How about Gautam Gambhir who has similar figures with 12.5 crores???
So also does Raina. It was a toss up between Smith, Raina and GG. While GG had to play a bit cautiously because his middle order was pretty weak, there was no such reason for Smith. Many of Smith's slow starts have cost his team heavily. I still don't expect Smith to be a serious contender as there are much worse performers IMO in this list.

So also does Raina. It was a toss up between Smith' date=' Raina and GG. While GG had to play a bit cautiously because his middle order was pretty weak, there was no such reason for Smith. Many of Smith's slow starts have cost his team heavily since I went with him. I still don't expect Smith to be a serious contender as there are much worse performers IMO in this list.[/quote'] hmm.. makes sense :two_thumbs_up: