Did you feel ashamed of being Indian before 16th may 2014?

Raghav_12

Did you feel ashamed of being Indian before 16th may 2014?  

1. 1.

• Yes. I used to be ashamed of being an Indian.
    • No. I have never been ashamed. Modi or No Modi.

Our honorable PM has claimed, of course in foreign lands, that Indians used to feel ashamed of being Indians until he took on the responsibility of India http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/in-shanghai-pm-marks-one-year-in-office/article7215030.ece

Mr. Modi said his year in office had given Indians abroad a new pride in the country. “Earlier, you felt ashamed of being born Indian,†he said. “Now you feel proud to represent the country. Indians abroad had all hoped for a change in government last year.â€
Just want to check how many of Indians agree with that statement. Non-Indians please resist from voting. Mods, please feel free to merge this Narendra Modi thread or performance thread. But I feel that Modi made very insulting statement about Indians and must be discussed in separate thread.

Strongly Disagree with this statement, there is a time in democracy when any leader who starts to think himself above everything should be shown the reality. I don''t think this kind of statements is going to bring him back again in 2019.

It is Modi who should be ashamed at making such a statement. He doesn't realize that in his zeal to show Cong in a bad light he is insulting Indians by saying that they were ashamed to be born in India. Also, as I said earlier, it is really undignified of the PM to take jibes at the opposition while in foreign countries. He should leave politics at home. But I guess his intention is to give NRIs voting rights so he campaigning in foreign also.

They have been saying this for quite some time. They were proud when vedic airplanes were flying around, after that india was corrupted. After May 14th 2014, they have started to loose their deeply felt inferiority complex about being Indian and hindu. They will be proud again when they achieve RSS's mythical pure Bharat.

Yes, A lot of Indian abroad didnt felt talking about talking their leaders under MMS. Modi is a grass root guy. He did visit US as Sangh man. Wittingly or Unwittingly he may have touched some very sensitive Cord of NRI's. He would have seen inferiority complex among Indians. I have seen innumerable cases in my locality where second generation (born and bred in UK) Indians who are mostly good for nothing try to pose themselves as superior or better then their parents.

Modi still stuck in election mode particularly when he goes overseas Stupid thing to say if true .Saying these sort of rhetorics in election time is one thing but saying it when addressing as Indian PM is dumb
actually its exactly what is needed. these modi trips are fund raisers for the BJP. Modi is not stupid. He gets NRI's in the west to contribute $100 million a year to the BJP coffers all of a sudden he is less reliant on the RSS and even Indian corporates for donations. Not to mention boosting remittances to India. Maybe some of the armchair pundits need to look at the wider picture. You are critical of Modi by saying he is too dependent on the RSS/corporates. Well this is his way of raising capital for the BJP cause. Expect plenty of such comments and Modi auction items to raise money for the BJP in the remaining 4 years. I do know for a fact that people in the UK are going all out to call Modi to London and the UK and are looking at booking Wembly stadium. BJP strategists are looking to raise $10 million for the BJP from the said visit.

actually its exactly what is needed. these modi trips are fund raisers for the BJP. Modi is not stupid. He gets NRI's in the west to contribute $100 million a year to the BJP coffers all of a sudden he is less reliant on the RSS and even Indian corporates for donations. Not to mention boosting remittances to India. Maybe some of the armchair pundits need to look at the wider picture. You are critical of Modi by saying he is too dependent on the RSS/corporates. Well this is his way of raising capital for the BJP cause. Expect plenty of such comments and Modi auction items to raise money for the BJP in the remaining 4 years.
He can raise money for BJP even without insulting Indians or attacking his opponents in foreign. It just doesn't look good that the prime minister is playing petty politics while representing India in other countries. He has ample opportunities to attack them at home - and that's where it should stop. It's like what Rajnath Singh said about Maharana Pratap - in order to show that Maharana Pratap was great there really was no need to compare him with Akbar - Maharana Pratap was, or wasn't, great on HIS own merits, and not because Akbar was called great. Similarly NDA govt has done well, or not, on the basis of what it has done, and not on the basis of what UPA did, or did not do - just show those achievements of the last one year instead of constantly comparing with the opponents and ridiculing them.

I agree with honorable PM modijeee. We were all ashamed of being Indians before he took office. It is "his year in office had given Indians abroad a new pride in the country" :hail:HE IS THE SOLE reason for our collective PRIDE . :hail:

He can raise money for BJP even without insulting Indians or attacking his opponents in foreign. It just doesn't look good that the prime minister is playing petty politics while representing India in other countries. He has ample opportunities to attack them at home - and that's where it should stop. It's like what Rajnath Singh said about Maharana Pratap - in order to show that Maharana Pratap was great there really was no need to compare him with Akbar - Maharana Pratap was, or wasn't, great on HIS own merits, and not because Akbar was called great. Similarly NDA govt has done well, or not, on the basis of what it has done, and not on the basis of what UPA did, or did not do - just show those achievements of the last one year instead of constantly comparing with the opponents and ridiculing them.
its not what the crowd whats to hear. These crowds are probably more right wing than even those people who vote for the bjp in india. Obviously they read the room before they make such comments. Its like saying Obama is rabidly pro Irseal when addressing the Jewish congress.

I agree with honorable PM modijeee. We were all ashamed of being Indians before he took office. It is "his year in office had given Indians abroad a new pride in the country" :hail:HE IS THE SOLE reason for our collective PRIDE . :hail:
That's actually true... No kidding. Glad that you admitted it... :nice: