Rohit Sharma V/S ABDV the awesome.

Zestian

Nohit Sharma V/S ABDV the awesome.  

11 members have voted

1. 1.

I know this thread is all in good fun....so it's ok... but on a more serious note.....seriously ABDV might be the most overrated and overhyped cricketer of this generation.This is not even about Rohit or Virat or any other player but still Yes he has an awesome average and a very good S/R but then again so does Sangakkara...on one hand we write of Sanga as being a minnow basher and FTB but go ga-ga on ABDV....We try to put down our own like say for example a Rohit sharma's 200's as a joke but ABDV fastest 100 or his innings take not both against WI especially when the team is at it's rock bottom as some of the greatest innings of this decade??? Weren't some putting down ROhit and even a Corey Anderson for bashing the pathetic WI teams in recent times over and over again? When was the last time ABDV won a clutch game for his country or for the matter of fact even in an IPL Tamasha? Yeah he is "talented" but then again that word has been thrown around for so many others that the very forum ridicules. ABDV has one of the best fielding sides and bowling sides in world cricket but still his trophy cabinet is a big fat Zero. South Africa is the best test team in the world because of their bowling period...ABDV is just a good batsman who ups the ante against minnows that's it period. Infact likes of Greame Smith and Faf Dupleis are bigger clutch players in teh S.A team when it comes to batting...Kallis's bowling made him equal to 2 players even though as a batsman alone he is overrated but add to his bowling,he is one of the greatest MVP's of all time. Is it just our infatuation with the exotic west that glorifies ABDV...I never saw him as a special cricketer....very good cricketer definetely yes,but what is the hype seriously???

I know this thread is all in good fun....so it's ok... but on a more serious note.....seriously ABDV might be the most overrated and overhyped cricketer of this generation.This is not even about Rohit or Virat or any other player but still Yes he has an awesome average and a very good S/R but then again so does Sangakkara...on one hand we write of Sanga as being a minnow basher and FTB but go ga-ga on ABDV....We try to put down our own like say for example a Rohit sharma's 200's as a joke but ABDV fastest 100 or his innings take not both against WI especially when the team is at it's rock bottom as some of the greatest innings of this decade??? Weren't some putting down ROhit and even a Corey Anderson for bashing the pathetic WI teams in recent times over and over again? When was the last time ABDV won a clutch game for his country or for the matter of fact even in an IPL Tamasha? Yeah he is "talented" but then again that word has been thrown around for so many others that the very forum ridicules. ABDV has one of the best fielding sides and bowling sides in world cricket but still his trophy cabinet is a big fat Zero. South Africa is the best test team in the world because of their bowling period...ABDV is just a good batsman who ups the ante against minnows that's it period. Infact likes of Greame Smith and Faf Dupleis are bigger clutch players in teh S.A team when it comes to batting...Kallis's bowling made him equal to 2 players even though as a batsman alone he is overrated but add to his bowling,he is one of the greatest MVP's of all time. Is it just our infatuation with the exotic west that glorifies ABDV...I never saw him as a special cricketer....very good cricketer definetely yes,but what is the hype seriously???
For myself, ABDV is delightful to watch. As is McCullum.

I find them both extremely displeasing to watch in ODIs. They play the most ridiculous shots (especially de Villiers) under the pretense of "improvisation".
:haha: Wow, different strokes for different folks :hatsoff:

From 2010, ABD transformed himself (was an okayish bat till 2009). [ATTACH]2737[/ATTACH] In today's times, we don't play a lot of tri series or quadrangular series which is why we don't get to see many knockouts. Not ABD's fault. He has played 4 knockouts post 2010. WC 2011 QF knockout where he was batting very well before Faf ran him out. Champion's Trophy knockout where he bottled it completely. WC 2015 WC SF knockout where he produced a fine performance. With the current form he is in, give him 5-10 knockout games (tri series, local cup whatever) and he will show the world what he is. I won't call him super clutch but he would do really well cos he is at his peak now. We are witnessing one of the greatest ever batsmen to have ever lived. Can play both like Viv and Kallis/Dravid in Tests. Can play properly as well as unconventionally in ODIs. Can play T20s well but hasn't performed till now in international (agreed). Sanga is rated for his test exploits and even there neutral fans put him at a tier below SRT/Viv/Lara/Sobers.