Rohit Sharma V/S ABDV the awesome.

Zestian

Nohit Sharma V/S ABDV the awesome.  

11 members have voted

1. 1.

I know this thread is all in good fun....so it's ok... but on a more serious note.....seriously ABDV might be the most overrated and overhyped cricketer of this generation.This is not even about Rohit or Virat or any other player but still Yes he has an awesome average and a very good S/R but then again so does Sangakkara...on one hand we write of Sanga as being a minnow basher and FTB but go ga-ga on ABDV....We try to put down our own like say for example a Rohit sharma's 200's as a joke but ABDV fastest 100 or his innings take not both against WI especially when the team is at it's rock bottom as some of the greatest innings of this decade??? Weren't some putting down ROhit and even a Corey Anderson for bashing the pathetic WI teams in recent times over and over again? When was the last time ABDV won a clutch game for his country or for the matter of fact even in an IPL Tamasha? Yeah he is "talented" but then again that word has been thrown around for so many others that the very forum ridicules. ABDV has one of the best fielding sides and bowling sides in world cricket but still his trophy cabinet is a big fat Zero. South Africa is the best test team in the world because of their bowling period...ABDV is just a good batsman who ups the ante against minnows that's it period. Infact likes of Greame Smith and Faf Dupleis are bigger clutch players in teh S.A team when it comes to batting...Kallis's bowling made him equal to 2 players even though as a batsman alone he is overrated but add to his bowling,he is one of the greatest MVP's of all time. Is it just our infatuation with the exotic west that glorifies ABDV...I never saw him as a special cricketer....very good cricketer definetely yes,but what is the hype seriously???
From 2010, ABD transformed himself (was an okayish bat till 2009). See his averages in EACH country and against EACH opposition in ODIs. He bashes everyone and bashes WI even more. [ATTACH]2737[/ATTACH] attachment.php?attachmentid=2737&d=1432246133 In today's times, we don't play a lot of tri series or quadrangular series which is why we don't get to see many knockouts. Not ABD's fault. He has played 4 knockouts post 2010. WC 2011 QF knockout where he was batting very well before Faf ran him out. Champion's Trophy knockout where he bottled it completely. WC 2015 WC SF knockout where he produced a fine performance. With the current form he is in, give him 5-10 knockout games (tri series, local cup whatever) and he will show the world what he is. I won't call him super clutch but he would do really well cos he is at his peak now. Can play both like Viv and Kallis/Dravid. There is not one other batsman in the world who could do that. We are witnessing one of the greatest ever batsmen to have ever lived.

I know this thread is all in good fun....so it's ok... but on a more serious note.....seriously ABDV might be the most overrated and overhyped cricketer of this generation.This is not even about Rohit or Virat or any other player but still Yes he has an awesome average and a very good S/R but then again so does Sangakkara...on one hand we write of Sanga as being a minnow basher and FTB but go ga-ga on ABDV....We try to put down our own like say for example a Rohit sharma's 200's as a joke but ABDV fastest 100 or his innings take not both against WI especially when the team is at it's rock bottom as some of the greatest innings of this decade??? Weren't some putting down ROhit and even a Corey Anderson for bashing the pathetic WI teams in recent times over and over again? When was the last time ABDV won a clutch game for his country or for the matter of fact even in an IPL Tamasha? Yeah he is "talented" but then again that word has been thrown around for so many others that the very forum ridicules. ABDV has one of the best fielding sides and bowling sides in world cricket but still his trophy cabinet is a big fat Zero. South Africa is the best test team in the world because of their bowling period...ABDV is just a good batsman who ups the ante against minnows that's it period. Infact likes of Greame Smith and Faf Dupleis are bigger clutch players in teh S.A team when it comes to batting...Kallis's bowling made him equal to 2 players even though as a batsman alone he is overrated but add to his bowling,he is one of the greatest MVP's of all time. Is it just our infatuation with the exotic west that glorifies ABDV...I never saw him as a special cricketer....very good cricketer definetely yes,but what is the hype seriously???
:icflove: Well yes on a serious note I dont take stats as a conclusive matter rather an indicative thing. People generally do that concieving AB with his teams performance. It is not a secret that SA is one of the most unluckiest team of all. 2 double century and you are worlds best batsman. Nah:musicman:

Can someone tell me how to post attachment pics in a proper way?
use tapatalk app if u want to upload and post a pic... tapatalk uploads to imgur and pastest the image tag .. hassle free :two_thumbs_up:

From 2010, ABD transformed himself (was an okayish bat till 2009). See his averages in EACH country and against EACH opposition in ODIs. He bashes everyone and bashes WI even more. [ATTACH]2737[/ATTACH] attachment.php?attachmentid=2737&d=1432246133 In today's times, we don't play a lot of tri series or quadrangular series which is why we don't get to see many knockouts. Not ABD's fault. He has played 4 knockouts post 2010. WC 2011 QF knockout where he was batting very well before Faf ran him out. Champion's Trophy knockout where he bottled it completely. WC 2015 WC SF knockout where he produced a fine performance. With the current form he is in, give him 5-10 knockout games (tri series, local cup whatever) and he will show the world what he is. I won't call him super clutch but he would do really well cos he is at his peak now. Can play both like Viv and Kallis/Dravid. There is not one other batsman in the world who could do that. We are witnessing one of the greatest ever batsmen to have ever lived.
One of the greatest ever yet hides in world cup knock outs ?

One of the greatest ever yet hides in world cup knock outs ?
How did he hide in WC knockouts? He was batting very well in WC 2011 knockout before Faf ran him out. 35 odd from 40 balls and going great. Against NZ in SF he played a fine attacking lower order innings. 65 off 45 balls to take his team to 281 in 43 overs. Came in at 114-3 in 25 overs and consolidated with Faf and went crazy in the end with David Miller. SA couldn't even defend a big target. Plus if their fielders had caught the plum catches, ABD would have been hailed a hero. This is very unfair on ABD to call him as someone who runs away in knockouts when facts point the other way. If you say he bottled in T20 knockout or Champion's Trophy, that is fair enough but in WC knockouts he did well. Its like blaming Sachin for India losing against Aus in the 1996 WC where he played a Centurion style knock. Everything between that game and the game against Pakistan in 2003 was the same. The only difference was Dravid and Yuvi scored the last 100 runs in some infinite balls whereas our pathetic 1996 team couldn't even do that. One knock is hailed as one of his greatest ever while the other is hardly even mentioned by anyone. No one is calling ABD as the greatest clutch player. He is one of the greatest batsman though.

How did he hide in WC knockouts? He was batting very well in WC 2011 knockout before Faf ran him out. 35 odd I guess. Against NZ in SF he played a fine attacking lower order innings. SA couldn't even defend a big target. Plus if their fielders had caught the plum catches, ABD would have been hailed a hero. This is very unfair on ABD to call him as someone who runs away in knockouts when facts point the other way. If you say he bottled in T20 knockout or Champion's Trophy, that is fair enough but in WC knockouts he did well. Its like blaming Sachin for India losing against Aus in the 1996 WC where he played a Centurion style knock. Everything between that game and the game against Pakistan in 2003 was the same. The only difference was Dravid and Yuvi scored the last 100 runs in some infinite balls whereas our pathetic 1996 team couldn't even do that. One knock is hailed as one of his greatest ever while the other is hardly even mentioned by anyone. No one is calling ABD as the greatest clutch player. He is one of the greatest batsman though.
I don't know about you but if my openers are gone and I am the best batsman of this generation and the captain, I will go at #3. Not hide behind Russouw and du Plessis and come in at #5 and smash a few (which Miller even did much better). More than rain, the slow batting of those two (Russouw and du Plessis) cost them the game. You can be the best batsman of your generation without playing very well under pressure. But to be a GOAT (or even remotely close to it) in any format (which many are claiming de Villiers to be, in ODIs) you need to handle pressure very well.

I don't know about you but if my openers are gone and I am the best batsman of this generation and the captain' date=' I will go at #3. Not hide behind Russouw and du Plessis and come in at #5 and smash a few (which Miller even did much better). [b']More than rain, the slow batting of those two (Russouw and du Plessis) cost them the game. You can be the best batsman of your generation without playing very well under pressure. But to be a GOAT (or even remotely close to it) in any format (which many are claiming de Villiers to be, in ODIs) you need to handle pressure very well.
Reg Faf.. I also thought the same but I was told by those who watched the game that in the initial SA ininngs, things were tough and Faf had to play out the tricky part. I missed the early part of SA innings. Its like SRT who once played rampaging Asif in an ODI but the game was finished by Dhoni and Yuvi. De Villiers came in at 114-3 in 26 overs. Hardly a position to come and smash the ball. He consolidated with Faf and smashed with Miller. Reg ABD's position, that was what was given to him by his team based on their team combo. They had a solid top order and wanted ABD to come lower down the order.

Reg Faf.. I also thought the same but I was told by those who watched the game that in the initial SA ininngs, things were tough and Faf had to play out the tricky part. I missed the early part of SA innings. Its like SRT who once played rampaging Asif in an ODI but the game was finished by Dhoni and Yuvi. De Villiers came in at 114-3 in 26 overs. Hardly a position to come and smash the ball. He consolidated with Faf and smashed with Miller. Reg ABD's position, that was what was given to him by his team based on their team combo. They had a solid top order and wanted ABD to come lower down the order.
I'm not blaming du Plessis. In the first part of the innings the conditions looked rather tough to bat on and especially with the increased pressure of being two wickets down early in the innings. But what I don't understand is that why would you send a completely inexperienced player in such conditions under such pressure at #4? That too in a crucial semifinal? And de Villiers played most of his innings with du Plessis. He only made 4 runs with Miller so he had started accelerating before that. But if du Plessis and de Villiers had some at #3 and #4, consolidated the innings, and then accelerated (with Russouw and Miller to slog at the end), they could have easily gotten over 300 by 43 overs. I don't see the point of sending an inexperienced batsman in such a position giving the world's best batsman only 45 balls to bat in a World Cup semifinal.

I expect one of the greatest in the world to come up the order and see through those conditions and score big.Not stay back till the 25th over and come in at 5 in world cup semi final .When half the match is over . Can u see Sachin Lara Ponting or Sanga staying back till the hard Overs r over that too in a world cup semi final .If he had come in at at least 4 SA probably would had a good total already before rain came .Instead he sent an inexperienced Russow who got bogged down against Henry who was making his debut. Any decent slogger(Maxwell , Miller ,Russell etc) can play 50 ball 70 on his day when the conditions are flat with new regulations. Best players take control and play match defining knocks even when conditions are tough . AB is the captain and he regularly batted at 4 all through the world cup.And if its the team mgmt then it doesn't argue well for the best of this generation when even his own team doesnt consider him good enough to bat in top order. And this ain't an one off .He did the same in world T20 semi against India and came in at 5 after 10th over .Both Duminy and Faf batted ahead of him.Compare that with Kohli in the same match who came in at 3 took responsibility played the match defining innings and won it .That's what I expect from a great player not chickening out honestly

I'm not blaming du Plessis. In the first part of the innings the conditions looked rather tough to bat on and especially with the increased pressure of being two wickets down early in the innings. But what I don't understand is that why would you send a completely inexperienced player in such conditions under such pressure at #4? That too in a crucial semifinal? And de Villiers played most of his innings with du Plessis. He only made 4 runs with Miller so he had started accelerating before that. But if du Plessis and de Villiers had some at #3 and #4, consolidated the innings, and then accelerated (with Russouw and Miller to slog at the end), they could have easily gotten over 300 by 43 overs. I don't see the point of sending an inexperienced batsman in such a position giving the world's best batsman only 45 balls to bat in a World Cup semifinal.
I agree mate. De Villiers should come up the order. For some reason, SA want him down the order.
I expect one of the greatest in the world to come up the order and see through those conditions and score big.Not stay back till the 25th over and come in at 5 in world cup semi final . Can u see Sachin Lara Ponting or Sanga staying back till the hard Overs r over that too in a world cup semi final .If he had come in at at least 4 SA probably would had a good total already before rain came .Instead he sent an inexperienced Russow who got bogged down against Henry who was making his debut Any decent slogger(Maxwell , Miller ,Russell etc) can play 50 ball 70 on his day when the conditions are flat with new regulations. Best players take control and play match defining knocks even when conditions are tough . AB is the captain and he regularly batted at 4 all through the world cup.And if its the team mgmt then it doesn't argue well for the best of this generation when even his own team doesnt consider him good enough to bat in top order. And this ain't an one off .He did the same in world T20 semi against India and came in at 5 after 10th over .Both Duminy and Faf batted ahead of him.Compare that with Kohli in the same match who came in at 3 took responsibility played the match defining innings and won it .That's what I expect from a great player not chickening out honestly
That is a strategy issue. I agree he should come up the order but for some reason SA want him down the order. Whenever there is a crucial game, they push him down. I wouldn't be surprised with him getting easily influenced by others (cos as a captain I get the feeling he isn't a great strategic expert).
And if its the team mgmt then it doesn't argue well for the best of this generation when even his own team doesnt consider him good enough to bat in top order.
Very harsh point bro. I disagree. Mahela has been begging SL board for an opening spot for ages (I think he averages 44 with 85 SR there) but SL board is not giving him the spot saying they want him in the middle order. And he along with Sanga are two of the most powerful players in SL. De Villiers is sent down NOT because SA considers him not good enough for top order but they think he would give more output for the team's cause in the lower order. That's the thinking whether its right or wrong. Dhoni in IPL used to say the same about Albie Morkel who at one point was damn good with the bat.

Also one point... If SA got to play the full 50 overs, De Villiers who was in dream touch could have got to his 100 and taken the score to 350-375 taking it out of NZ's reach. Then his knock would have been hailed a Gilly type knock (2007 finals). With Amla going in full flow at the top order in ODIs in general, SA thought De Villiers down the order would be the perfect setup. Too bad Amla turned out to be the worst bottler in WC which made the whole strategy look stupid.

I agree mate. De Villiers should come up the order. For some reason, SA want him down the order. That is a strategy issue. I agree he should come up the order but for some reason SA want him down the order. Whenever there is a crucial game, they push him down. I wouldn't be surprised with him getting easily influenced by others (cos as a captain I get the feeling he isn't a great strategic expert). Very harsh point bro. I disagree. Mahela has been begging SL board for an opening spot for ages (I think he averages 44 with 85 SR there) but SL board is not giving him the spot saying they want him in the middle order. And he along with Sanga are two of the most powerful players in SL. De Villiers is sent down NOT because SA considers him not good enough for top order but they think he would give more output for the team's cause in the lower order. That's the thinking whether its right or wrong. Dhoni in IPL used to say the same about Albie Morkel who at one point was damn good with the bat.
It doesn't have to do with strategic ability. For as long as I remember, the best batsman in the team usually comes at #3/4. That's rather basic. You rarely see a world class batsman at 5/6/7 unless it is the early part of their career. I'm sure the South Africa team managers were aware of the possibility of rain and therefore shortened overs. In that case it makes even more sense for de Villiers to come before Russouw and not waste dot balls like him. Personally I can't imagine why the management team thinks de Villiers offers more to the team by playing as part of the lower order, especially in a world cup semifinal.

It doesn't have to do with strategic ability. For as long as I remember, the best batsman in the team usually comes at #3/4. That's rather basic. You rarely see a world class batsman at 5/6/7 unless it is the early part of their career. I'm sure the South Africa team managers were aware of the possibility of rain and therefore shortened overs. In that case it makes even more sense for de Villiers to come before Russouw and not waste dot balls like him. Personally I can't imagine why the management team thinks de Villiers offers more to the team by playing as part of the lower order, especially in a world cup semifinal.
In WC semifinal, I guess they simply got scared of De Villiers getting out to a peach in the tricky situation. So they sent Roussouw to face the tricky situation cos De Villiers was more precious and they wanted him to give the rocket fire thrust at the end. Of course, we can say he chickened out but a guy who hasn't looked like he was troubled by any bowler for the last 4 years...the odds are unlikely. Its just a case of fear factor by the team and nothing else. More than anything, Amla's failure messed up the whole thing. Even if the top order had played SOMEWHAT okayish, this thing wouldn't look so stupid.
It doesn't have to do with strategic ability. For as long as I remember, the best batsman in the team usually comes at #3/4. That's rather basic. You rarely see a world class batsman at 5/6/7 unless it is the early part of their career.
Its a strategy issue bro. Whether its a good strategy is another question.