'Bofors Not a Scandal, There was Media Trial,' President Pranab Mukherjee Tells Swedish Newspaper

Gollum

Yes, as President he should not indulge in discussions about events that occurred during his political career. So far though, he has been a much better President than our previous one. At least, he cleared multiple files for mercy petitions and didn't just sit on them for 5 years because there is no time limit for the President to act on them.

Yes' date=' as President he should not indulge in discussions about events that occurred during his political career. So far though, he has been a much better President than our previous one. At least, he [b']cleared multiple files for mercy petitions and didn't just sit on them for 5 years because there is no time limit for the President to act on them.
+1, we should forever be grateful for those acts of his.

Indian Ambassador tries to get the President's remarks expunged .

“I find the Ambassador’s reaction regretful. It is surprising that someone representing the world's largest democracies (sic) istrying to micromanage which questions we should ask a head of state, and which answers should be published,” said Dagens Nyheter’s editor-in-chief Peter Wolodarski, .
Unfortunately for the ambassador and his superiors in the indian Govt , the swedish media is not as gutlessly pliant as Indian MSM.
Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter has reported it was warned by the Indian envoy that President Pranab Mukherjee’s planned state visit to Sweden was “at risk of being cancelled” if it did not retract remarks he made about the Bofors scandal during an interview. The daily refused to retract Mukherjee’s remarks on the Bofors scam and carried the interview in full. Dagens Nyheter’s editor-in-chief Peter Wolodarski, who conducted the interview in Delhi, described Indian ambassador Banashri Bose Harrison’s reaction as “regretful”.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/swedish-paper-says-indian-envoy-wanted-mukherjee-s-remarks-on-bofors-retracted/article1-1351802.aspx

Career Politicians shouldn't be elected as president specially if its a family business. I have heard that his offsprings are Congress leaders too.
His son Abhijit is the sitting MP(INC) from Jangipur,WB while his daughter Sharmishta is one of the INC spokespersons, she lost her seat in the Delhi Assembly elections from Greater Kailash.

^ :hmmm: Still i think, this is a deparate attempt by bofors to clear its name. The journalist was sure that Inian president wont incriminate Shri Rajiv Gandhi. I smell foul on part of bofors then Congress. President Mr Mukherjee should be carefull when posed with such question. PS: India is biggest importer of arms and no company want itself to be blacklisted

IMO no politician should be president. I thought Abdul Kadam was a kick ass president. However considering the congress insist on appointing insiders as president. I hope the BJP appoint the most hard-line RSS pracharak as the president. A strong showing in UP and they will have the votes needed in July 2017.

For all talks of secularism the secular b******s stopped a great Muslim like Dr Kalam from a 2nd term. Atal jee made him Prez in the 1st place, Cangressis have done nothing for Muslims last 67 years, only talk big.

well I respected Kalam for what he did for the nation. regardless of his religious background. In an ideal world a respected academic who has done a lot for the state needs to be president who is politically neutral. The truth is Pranab Da messed up the economy and was "promoted" to president for his loyal service to the congress party. This is why i say, the BJP must return the favour to the congress and elected a hardcore sangh member. If the congress moan they can keep it in mind not to politicize the position if(and its looking a long way away atm) they are in power. The BJP itself should have about 340-350 members in the central parliament and about 1000-1100 MLA's come July 2017 on their own or about 40% of the vote. Add allies from the NDA and IMO it will take them above the 50% threshold needed. So electing a president of their choice will not be an issue at all.

For all talks of secularism the secular bastards stopped a great Muslim like Dr Kalam from a 2nd term. Atal jee made him Prez in the 1st place' date= Cangressis have done nothing for Muslims last 67 years, only talk big.
Your language is very much representative of sangh parivar. No wonder noadays whenever any vandalism happens in the country, sangh people are likely to be found behind those.

Your language is very much representative of sangh parivar. No wonder noadays whenever any vandalism happens in the country' date=' sangh people are likely to be found behind those.[/quote'] How convenient of you to pick those 2 words from that sentence and start a new topic of discussion. My feelings for the Congressis is more important than the fact that Dr Kalam was betrayed by so called secular party in that instance according to you? Problem with AAPtards is that they always shift the goalposts when they can't find a suitable counter argument. B team of Congress out and out whose only motive is to stop the charge of BJP. Pretty sure that you find nothing wrong with your ilk opposing Kalam and appointing a stooge, also not surprised by the fact that you lack the grace to appreciate BJP which made him Prez in the 1st place. Anyways no point arguing with a biased person whose opinion with regard to a certain nationalist political party will never change.

IMO no politician should be president. I thought Abdul Kadam was a kick ass president. However considering the congress insist on appointing insiders as president. I hope the BJP appoint the most hard-line RSS pracharak as the president. A strong showing in UP and they will have the votes needed in July 2017.
Advani ji is saying :hello:

Your language is very much representative of sangh parivar. No wonder noadays whenever any vandalism happens in the country' date=' sangh people are likely to be found behind those.[/quote']