Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

In the hopefully promising p2, in the: a) 1st half - expect love triangle amongst Bahubali, Bhalla and "mera beta ayaga" w/ Bahubali getting killed b) 2nd half - Shivadu + rebel army will beat Bhalla who would be thrown into fire created from twigs gathered by you know whom. Shivadu will be crowned the king. Everyone will be happy
Thanks for crushing my hope. :( Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

More reviews:

Poor content ,some good VFX/graphics only(Spoiler Alert) 1/10 Author: puorsen from Bangalore 18 July 2015 *** This review may contain spoilers *** Bahubali - A Maha Mega mixture of a PS3 video game with Karan Arjun and prince of Persia and avatar and god knows how many more inspired Hollywood flicks all mixed into a cocktail of lavish wasted huge sets straight out of Amar Chitra Katha comic turned into a mega headache epic of melodrama and excessive ear shattering band Baaja drums blasting to create a Mahabharat like war zone of bygone era somewhere in Indian soil near a giant waterfall. If the impression was to create a magnum opus then it appears it did create for some 35 percent of the film...rest of the time..the story was basically clueless how to fit in along with dancing acrobatic songs. Rocks being torn literally into a sledge to avoid an avalanche and taking bull by its horns literally were seriously ridiculous work of a genius suffering from delusions of grandeur. Scary eyed mother of Karan Arjun aka Bahu Bali shouting about Shassan will scare me in my dreams for a month at least. Nice effort all in all to show me just the beginning and making me speculate how this mega conclusion will happen in 2016. Till then i will just have sleeping pills to cure my insomnia.
Not even worth If you are watching it for CGI 1/10 Author: madhudevang 19 July 2015 I don't watch over the top movies .By it's trailer I had a feeling that this movie could fall into that category.But as a Indian I felt like I should support the Director because of the risk he has taken in producing this movie and I wanted to see whether the quality of CGI is as par with Hollywood produced movies as claimed by most of the mainstream media.few scenes after the movie started I realized there isn't much CGI involved and scenes where they have used CGI felt more like animation movie images rather than real life images. I would have ignored all this but movie lacks creativity, director tried to bring the the emotion by sound effects rather than good script .many places bad editing was evident. Most of the casts did the good job in overacting and director has killed all the seriousness of the story by squeezing in the item songs,and badly pictured romance scenes . This is a B grade masala movie.I am giving it 1 rating because I have a feeling that the most of the reviews are not by viewers but by some marketing agency who has taken contract to promote this movie

Now if we take some of the points made for Bahubali being the greatest whatever, and if we apply those to Hollywood, the 1926 film Duan Juan would be the greatest whatever because it is "the first major motion picture to premiere with a full-length synchronized soundtrack" DonJuanPoster2.jpg

Now, the movie is getting ready for release of its international version. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/baahubali-incredible-hulk-editor-cut-809130

India's most expensive film, Baahubali (The One With Strong Arms), budgeted at an estimated $40 million, will have a special international cut edited by Vincent Tabaillon. Frenchman Tabaillon's credits include The Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans, Taken 2 and most recently, Now You See Me.
The international version of Baahubali is to be screened at international festivals and shown to sales agents and distributors before a wider release globally. The cut should be ready by the end of August. “This version will differ from the original film, which was just released successfully in India and select cities across the world for the Indian diaspora,†said a statement from the film's producers.
So they will cut out the songs and some scenes for international audience and reduce the length and release in dubbed foreign languages or with sub-titles - basically adapt it for non-Indian audience. Might be a good source for some extra money ( PK made good money in China IIRC ) :nice:

I hv nothing against its commercial success. Mango-men are already posting its BO figures HNY did well at BO too, so did kick, ....
Yes, they did but only initial. HNY had a huge fall from Monday onwards. Initial success can be because of hype and star power. They way HNY had started, it should have done 200 plus crore in first week but it didn't. HNY started with 45 crore first day and ended up with 135 crore in first week. Bahubali doesn't have single big star, started with 50 crore day one, 257 crore first week, averaged 36 crores a day. This happened because it didn't fizzle out and sustained because it was good and people even watched it on repeat. I myself know people who have watched it twice or thrice. Our footfalls in cinemas not very high, a film is unlikely to get such numbers until people come back to watch it again and again.

No. Name of State/Union Territories Cinemas 1 Andhra Pradesh 2809 2 Andaman & Nicobar 1 3 Arunachal Pradesh 1 4 Assam 82 5 Bihar 269 6 Chandigarh 6 7 Dadra & Nagar Haveli 2 8 Delhi/New Delhi 80 9 Goa, Daman & Diu 10 10 Gujarat 291 11 Haryana 106 12 Himachal Pradesh 10 13 Jammu & Kashmir 267 14 Jharkhand 90 15 Karnataka 950 16 Kerala 1015 17 Madhya Pradesh 201 18 Maharashtra (except Vidarbha) 504 19 Manipur 10 20 Meghalaya 7 21 Mizoram 2 22 Nagaland 4 23 Orissa 116 24 Pondicherry (U.T.) 25 25 Punjab 175 26 Rajasthan 133 27 Sikkim 2 28 Tamil Nadu 1546 29 Tripura 1 30 Uttar Pradesh 970 31 Uttaranchal 46 32 Vidharbha (Maharashtra) 106 33 West Bengal 330 TOTAL 10167 ---------------------------------- I was just googling about single screen theatres in India and was absolutely surprised at the results. Higlighted single screen theatres > 500 ( Maharashtra is split for some reason - not sure ). Could not get multiplex figures. Will try more and post later. If someone has links to data, kindly post. For AP , obviously the numbers quoted are for the now-divided state. I will make one very basic assumption - these theatres are a result of inherent demand from these state people.. Contradictions with reasons are welcome. What this tells me is that - given stars like Rajni and Kamal Hassan ( and to a lesser extent Mohanlal and Mamooty ) are popular all over South India and younger generation like Mahesh Babu,etc are on their way - theoretically movies made in South India should have BO collections as much as a Hindi movie ( even overseas as there will be more overseas South Indians than NI IMO - did not go into details , just by gut feel ) This is the reason why I say - let us welcome people that challenge the boundaries. I will be most happy if say a Shankar or a Hirani makes FULL use of entire India's potential. Many Telugu speaking people outside of Hyd as >90% Hyderabadis speak Hindi/Urdu anyway ( and I am sure there are many Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam speaking people too ) have not been able to see and appreciate Hirani's classics and it is sad. Same the other way too. Aim for 100 million$ movies and gradually go for 1 billion $

A lot of single screens haven't maintained basic structural code for maintenance - painting, toilets, no structural damage etc. In Bengaluru, a lot of such theaters have been closed and have been sold to private builders for malls and office space. In Hyderabad, I see a lot of old single screens still around with very bad structures. It boils down to bad city governments, strong cinema owners' lobby (goos) and a very big cinema viewing culture that has loyalties of public to stars and their kids.

In place did u see this movie in india or US??
India. Reason why I gave so much importance to houseful because it was 10th day of the film. Hardly many films go house full these days for that long. Likes of HNY, Kick, Ek tha tiger all fizzled out after first 3-4 days. And to think, Bahubali was a pre-eid release.

saw the movie...its great...hatsoff to the director and producers to try something like this...it can be highest grosser...but saying it is India's greatest is OTT... there are many movies which ran for months n months and ppl still watch & admire them without the marketing and hype like we see today...

saw the movie...its great...hatsoff to the director and producers to try something like this...it can be highest grosser...but saying it is India's greatest is OTT... there are many movies which ran for months n months and ppl still watch & admire them without the marketing and hype like we see today...
+1 not just OTT its wayyyyyyyyyyy OTT. as far as i know even the makers are not making such claims they are however saying that the movie is the "biggest" - which is obviously true. no other Indian movie project spent 250Crores.

biggest production among indian movies so far - yes highest collections - as of now yes in south, should wait and see for the final national records best graphics in indian movies so far - yes best war episode in indian movies so far - obviously and probably the first international standard war episode in Indian movie history. greatest indian movie - eh.. no sorry.

Movie for me is that of a director, a story-teller, of technicians that bring the visualizations onto the screen, the narrative, the sequence, the intrigue, the dialogues and competent actors ( need not be stars - it is enough if the actors satisfy the director in terms of meeting his criteria ). The scale of visualization itself makes Bahubali the best Indian movie for me - for someone to dream so big and get it onto screen - :hatsoff:
This is what I had written a few days back. What is 'greatest' will obviously differ from person to person. As per my criteria, this is the greatest Indian movie so far. Some people might prefer romance - for them, DDLJ might be the greatest. Some people might like mystery movies - they might feel Gumnaam or some other movie as greatest. If you are into comedy, you might feel AAA or Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron,etc as greatest. If you are into 'Art' movies, Masoom or Ardh Satya,etc will be greatest for you. There will be as many opinions as there are people. As long as we don't bring random movie clippings from hollywood or Korean movies with an idea to put down someone else's opinion, it should be OK. :two_thumbs_up:

This is what I had written a few days back. What is 'greatest' will obviously differ from person to person. As per my criteria, this is the greatest Indian movie so far. Some people might prefer romance - for them, DDLJ might be the greatest. Some people might like mystery movies - they might feel Gumnaam or some other movie as greatest. If you are into comedy, you might feel AAA or Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron,etc as greatest. If you are into 'Art' movies, Masoom or Ardh Satya,etc will be greatest for you. There will be as many opinions as there are people. As long as we don't bring random movie clippings from hollywood or Korean movies with an idea to put down someone else's opinion, it should be OK. :two_thumbs_up:
if this is your greatest indian movie, you should thank rett for constantly updating this thread. he has worked really hard to bring this movie to everyone's attention here :cantstop:

if this is your greatest indian movie' date=' you should thank rett for constantly updating this thread. he has worked really hard to bring this movie to everyone's attention here :cantstop:[/quote'] Sshhhh - Don't tell him - else he will ask me to pay part of the promotion money I got from Rajamouli sir :secret:

Wish they make Ponniyin Selvan in Tamil. An epic Tamil novel. Many attempted including Kamal. For some reason it was put on hold by everyone. When you make a movie based on a novel it always comes out better. Raja Mowli can try his hand at it.
maniratnam started the project with vijay and arya but backed out due to his BP problem.. he fainted on the sets many times for medium budget movies, he will surely die if he starts this i feel bala is the best option for Ponniyin selvan. better he make it before selvaraghavan, murugudoss, gvm

maniratnam started the project with vijay and arya but backed out due to his BP problem.. he fainted on the sets many times for medium budget movies, he will surely die if he starts this i feel bala is the best option for Ponniyin selvan. better he make it before selvaraghavan, murugudoss, gvm
Out of curiosity, I searched for this news and look at the irony :cantstop: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news/Ponniyin-Selvan-scrapped/articleshow/8206616.cms
The buzz is that all the actors who had signed up for the film — Vijay, Arya, Mahesh Babu and Anushka — have been informed that the project has been shelved.
Sources tell CT that the master filmmaker carried out a highly-professional market research that revealed the budget constraints in the making of Ponniyin Selvan. A film made on a budget of ` 100 crore with two south Indian heroes would not be able to recover its cost as the market was limited, the research found out. The research team also found out that only a superstar like Rajinikanth could recover that kind of investment and that too "if it was a social mass entertainer and not a period drama, which has limited appeal among the youth who form the bulk of the viewership." Said a leading Kollywood producer, "Right from the day I heard Mani sir was toying with the idea of making a period drama, I knew that it wouldn't take off. Huge sets in studios usually push the production cost up. Recently, the cost of a period film that was to be made on a budget of ` 8 crore shot up to ` 16 crore by the time it was completed. And then, the film bombed. That, I think, was an eye opener for Mani sir."
Market research :hysterical: Wonder who does that and why anyone pays them to do that. Vijay and Mahesh Babu ( not sure about Arya ) are Tier-1 heroes in Tamil and Telugu. Prabhas and Rana are Tier 2 that too only in Telugu ( infact Rana does not even have a big track record - He is known only as Rama Naidu's grandson and nephew of Venkatesh ). But I think Mani's glorious days are behind him.