Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

While we wait for the movie - for the people that are unaware of Rajamouli and why the posters are in awe of him...I will post a few scenes/songs of his movies. He is MASTER of GRANDEUR. 1) Chhatrapati movie - Agniskalana scene - Background Sanskrit song ( tune copied from German cartoon song :embarassed: ) - Same hero Prabhas as in Bahubali GOLdlQe20GA 2) Yamadonga - Epic scene between Lord Yama and a human ( 2 more movies in Telugu had same theme that were copied to hindi too - one with Jitendra and other is Takdeerwala I think ) r2nGhPzjZGA 3) Magadheera - Muslim invader and hero fight with 100 soldiers - EPIC M3FDT5gIAMM Will post more later - Language ( Telugu ) might be an issue but what is more important is the Grand Settings, awesome background music and experience...

True - 200+ crores as COST is HUGE. Is it for part 1 or both parts 1 and 2? The highest grossing Telugu film so far ( Attarintiki Daaredi ) made only 183 crores but I think 200+ crores will become more common going forward even for Telugu movies. On this one, they might be expecting 200 crores from Telugu version and maybe 30-50 odd crores each from Tamil and Hindi versions. They might also do some games on characters for some change money.
200+ crores for both parts. Attarintiki daaredi collected 183 crores "Gross" but the share was around 85 crores."Share" is what the producers of the film get into their own pockets.So,even if we split the cost i.e 100 crores per one part,Bahubali still needs to break the existing telugu records in order to break even. But,the film has created so much hype that it's destined to bring in profits.

Kalia the crow, why dont you wait until July 1st week to start your hype? The movie is like about 40 days away still... - Chamataka the fox
Dear Chamataka the fox, There is no hype that I am creating - Even movie makers themselves released trailer 40 days earlier and it is all over YT with millions of views.. I am now worried about you :(( Is Doob Doob not taking care of you :mad: - Kalia the crow

If the are spending 200+ crores (including advertising and promotions expenses), the filmmakers are probably expecting to generate 300+ crores revenues from various sources - regional market, national market, international market, music rights, TV rights, etc.

You are asking me as if I am involved in the movie :--D...I am just a fan like you...:two_thumbs_up: I have met Venkatesh a few times and his nephew Rana Daggubati also ( he was having lunch in the same star hotel that my company was kind enough to sponsor us employees) ...beyond that, I rely on same internet as you... My guess is - there should not be too much delay between part 1 and 2 - max six months... There was this Bollywood movie on Vijayawada rowdies with Vivek Oberoi by Ram Gopal Verma that had parts 1 and 2 - Surya was also there...Rakta Charitra - Parts 1 and 2 were released within months IIRC... Man - Most violent faction movies are from Telugu Land :nervous:
Are you bagapath?

The film itself is made on a budget of 175 crore, atleast 75 +crore will be spend on promotion, so this could either be the biggest blockbuster in india outshining pk or could be biggest dud outshining Aag,though the hype around this is huge and vfx etc are exceptionally good, heard prabhas bought gym equipments worth whopping 1.5 crores through shipment, to get all bulky for this movie and took advice from wwe superstars regarding their diet and workout, he increased his weight from 85 to 110 kg all muscles no fat, same with rana.

200 crore :yikes: Trailer is decent, But I have this feeling the translators will make a mess of the dialogues while dubbing. The quality of the dubbling, the voices, the dialogues will make or break this movie in Hindi... Might do well in Tamil n Telugu

Enthiran was done on similar budget and similar market space I.e Tamil and Hindi .They raked in massive profits so if it is good it will definitely make good profits Also NaanE is carved a niche market for Rajamouli in Tamil .So they will get massive opening in Tamil as well

200 Crores :WTF: that is budget of a decent Hollywood movie This better be good or at least have some decent graphics. The best graphics in indian movie ever was that space ship in that horrible pk movie :banghead: and that should tell us the amateur level graphics in Indian movies.....don't have high expectations

From what I see, it's too filmy . Lacks the poignancy of sweeping classics like Mother India,Lagaan or even Maya Bazaar
All rajamouli movies are like that. They are basically a sambar. They have a mix of emotion, comedy , fights , sentiment and love story.

200 Crores :WTF: that is budget of a decent Hollywood movie This better be good or at least have some decent graphics. The best graphics in indian movie ever was that space ship in that horrible pk movie :banghead: and that should tell us the amateur level graphics in Indian movies.....don't have high expectations
:poink: See Enthiran

All rajamouli movies are like that. They are basically a sambar. They have a mix of emotion' date=' comedy , fights , sentiment and love story.[/quote'] When you spend 200 crores, you have to appeal to a wide audience, otherwise you will have a huge flop on your hands. Many idiots talk trash about movies but they have no clue about the commercial aspect of it. Mainstream movies are made that way because that's what many people pay to see and that's how filmmakers make a profit and the people in the film industry get paid and make a living. Its easy to say make another "Mother India" or "Lagaan". If everyone starts making those type of movies, a small elite audience(who download it through torrent and watch it btw) might be happy but the industry will close down within a year.

When you spend 200 crores, you have to appeal to a wide audience, otherwise you will have a huge flop on your hands. Many idiots talk trash about movies but they have no clue about the commercial aspect of it. Mainstream movies are made that way because that's what many people pay to see and that's how filmmakers make a profit and the people in the film industry get paid and make a living. Its easy to say make another "Mother India" or "Lagaan". If everyone starts making those type of movies, a small elite audience(who download it through torrent and watch it btw) might be happy but the industry will close down within a year.
Nobody is doubting whether the film will be a commercial success.It most probably would be. But would it be a masterpiece? Would it have the feel of an opus like Lawrence of Arabia,Titanic,Benhur,Mother India or Lagaan? Probably not (judging from the trailer).. There are movies which are meant to amaze and then are ones that do. MI and Lagaan made a lot of money and were not limited to the elites.

In entertainment industry esp. in Ind, quality and budget may not be directly proportional .... You can pay someone like Salman Khan 100 crores for a film which may guarantee a smash opening or even a mega hit but the film could be forgettable or quickly go out of mind in 2 months Anyone remembers Kick or Don 2 or Happy New Year or that Hritik Roshan film (can't even recall the name) based on Day and Knight :doh:

PS with 200+ crores already spent on the two films - if the first one fails to hit the mark, it would be disaster as the 2nd one could become a non-starter .... On the other hand, if the first one hits the mark, the 2nd one (if the first one does not go past 200+) should be able to make the overall venture profitable with a good opening