Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

Yes, given the huge number of screens, it wasn't 100% opening for sure. And no, despite what you think, not even Bolly films open to 100% opening in all the 4500-5000 screens.
So it was not impacted by Ramazan ( unlike what you claimed) as it utilized most of its capacity (and your point that films don't open at 100% anyways) :winky:

There are many theatres showing Bahubali where theatre owners let people standing into cinemas to avoid tax and ofcourse due to the film itself - Best ever in India IMO :winky: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/telugu/movies/news/Bahubali-dents-entertainment-tax-revenue/articleshow/48165971.cms So whatever numbers we see is for accounted revenue. If we take real numbers, Bahubali would have much better figures than the already reported humongous numbers. :two_thumbs_up: Jai Mahismati :--D
And I guess in your opinion (and bad math), this would hv added significantly to the film's revenues :P

Fun exercise for Kalia: 1. What percentage of cinemas would actually allow people to stand (w/o creating disturbances to those seated)? 2. Is the price paid by those standing the same as those sitting? 3. What percentage increase can be achieved by making people stand? 4. The revenues achieved through such tactics would be what percentage of total revenues? 5. What about the relatively high prices already charged for this film?

Fun exercise for Kalia: 1. What percentage of cinemas would actually allow people to stand (w/o creating disturbances to those seated)? 2. Is the price paid by those standing the same as those sitting? 3. What percentage increase can be achieved by making people stand? 4. The revenues achieved through such tactics would be what percentage of total revenues? 5. What about the relatively high prices already charged for this film?
1. No idea 2. No idea 3. No idea 4. No idea 5. No idea The article is from TOI. We can give importance or not based on our view. From my own experience ( which people are free to disagree as I have no pics/videos to prove), there were atleast 100 people in the one show in a single screen theatre with no seats/random iron chairs. How much theatre owners got from them? Should be more than the ticket price which was 100-150.... What we can infer though is that Bahubali revenues are understated by 'some' extent meaning it actually earned 'more' than reported. How much? No idea...maybe 10 crores...maybe 100 crores...no idea. Wanted to watch the film third time trow morning in theatres around me but no tickets :((....Only tickets available are Bajrangi Bhaijaan...which I plan to see 'online' :--D I can watch standing Bahubali but difficult for my wife and our son :((

Wanted to watch the film third time trow morning in theatres around me but no tickets :((....Only tickets available are Bajrangi Bhaijaan...which I plan to see 'online' :--D I can watch standing Bahubali but difficult for my wife and our son :((
Has the number of screens reduced for Bahubali because of new releases in the South? .... Bajranji Bhaijaan is only good in the 2nd half, imo, so you could as well watch it online :P You must be really crazy about Bahubali!

Has the number of screens reduced for Bahubali because of new releases in the South? .... Bajranji Bhaijaan is only good in the 2nd half, imo, so you could as well watch it online :P You must be really crazy about Bahubali! .... There were stories about one of my uncles (not with us anymore) who as a kid / early teen watched "Johnny mera naam" for over 100 times in cinemas!
Well I might be crazy enough to watch a movie that I like multiple times but never crazy enough to put down a movie that I did not like - I just ignore it - I never searched BO records to try and put down a movie, never tried to compare it with movies from other countries, never tried to bring inflation adjusted returns :P Movie is a movie and Bahubali is the greatest Indian movie so far IMO for reasons I have mentioned multiple times in this thread itself. Even if it had been an utter flop, my opinion would still be the same :two_thumbs_up: On screens going forward, Srimanthudu by Mahesh Babu in Telugu will kill Bahubali IMO. No way a Mahesh Babu film will not get screens even if it is against Bahubali. :((

So it was not impacted by Ramazan ( unlike what you claimed) as it utilized most of its capacity (and your point that films don't open at 100% anyways) :winky:
Every trade expert said that low collection on first day of Bajrangi were because of Ramzan. It must have affected Bahubali too.

Give it a rest, people. I have handed over a movie script to one of the well known Bollywood directors. Story is based on a young man 's journey to Army. The director has read the script and said he liked it and wants to make a movie with few corrections in it. This could become a bigger hit than BB when it comes to the screen. Im not trolling.

Give it a rest, people. I have handed over a movie script to one of the well known Bollywood directors. Story is based on a young man 's journey to Army. The director has read the script and said he liked it and wants to make a movie with few corrections in it. This could become a bigger hit than BB when it comes to the screen. Im not trolling.
Lakshya?

Every trade expert said that low collection on first day of Bajrangi were because of Ramzan. It must have affected Bahubali too.
Such deductions remind me of the "neem hakim khatre jaan" story .... For Bahubali, we have already talked that there was no major official spare capacity available in the South, its key market .... in lay man's terms, if total seats are 100, and if the demand is around the same, even if 110 people want to see it, seats can only accommodate 100 .... which is probably why trade analyst mentioned Bajrangi Bhaijaan and not Bahubali, and why film makers chose to release it on July 10th Coming to the North, it is not a major market for the film. The difference b/w nett of Bajranji Bhaijan and Bahubali is approx. 37 crores in Ind. In Hindi, Bahubali avg. around 7 crores per day in the first week, so it is not like if not for Ramdan, it would have avg. 20-25 crores crores per day .... So again you ignored the big picture and are shouting for something that would not change the overall result PS Overseas Bajranji Bhaijaan's first week revenues were $13M which are at a totally different level!

Good luck :dance:

You were supposed to send it to me.

Just watched Baahubali. Awesome movie, especially the battle sequences in second half alone are worth the price of admission. They were intense and meticulously executed. The cinematography, art direction, vfx are fantastic. Good performances by all the actors. They were not naturalistic but they were good for the type of performances they were trying to portray. They were going for a melodramatic, hyper emotional tone which is apt for the story and the type of movie they were trying to make. Great work by Rajamouli and his team. Cant wait for the sequel.

Moved above 3 Idiots in worldwide gross ( in all versions like for the other movies too ). HNY, Kick, Krissh3, Bang Bang, Ek Tha Tiger,etc are all below Bahubali. Currently at no 4 in All time highest ever grossing Indian film in any Indian language anywhere. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Indian_films Gross of Bahubali so far = 401 Crores 3 movies from India above it PK = 740 crores Dhoom 3 = 542 crores Chennai Express = 423 crores I have no doubt it will beat CE to become third highest grossing Indian film ever without doing anything. To get to D3, it will need help from International version with major contribution from China http://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2015/07/25/indias-baahubali-punches-out-401-crore-62-6-million-gross-in-15-days/

To have a shot at catching second-ranked Dhoom 3, Baahubali will need an additional, sizable boost from the international markets. North America has already kicked in over $7 million, a record for an Indian film in that territory, and it seems only China can make much of a difference now. There’s no word yet as to whether Baahubali will release in PRC theaters, but with Aamir Khan’s PK having scored more than $20 million there earlier this year, Chinese moviegoers have demonstrated a strong interest in Indian fare.
Need to see how much Bahubali International version ( including China ) will collect. If it is 100 crores, then great but problem is PRC - China has strict laws against movies with violence like war,etc. It is a major setback to Bahubali - it might not get any certificate from PRC.:(( In any case, I see Bahubali sitting at No.3 in highest grossing Indian film ever...Bajrangi Bhaijaan might come close or beat...Need to see.... p.s. In terms of distributors share, Bahubali already beat PK and Dhoom3. :two_thumbs_up: