Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

I am not sure about other areas but in the area I live in ' date=' Bahubali tickets are priced at $25 for all the shows...my friends have bought the distribution rights for one particular theatre in my area for $84,000..they will break even at about 130,000 as theatre gets 35% share in tickets..So it is expected that around 6000 people are going to watch the movie at this theatre @25 per head for a total revenue of 150,000...[/quote'] Basically, the assumption is that the demand will be inelastic

yes.. that has been the case even for regular films starring superstars..and in case of Bahubali it has many unique selling points..
Ok However, I don't even know the lead actor. In Canada, the usual prices are as following: 2dsph13.jpg

:the premier shows in Canada are $25 at Albion cinemas in Toronto and the rest of the shows are priced at $18..
Ok ... That cinema specializes in Ind films. Though the standard ticket price could be even less in that cinema (than the one I listed for Silvercity) .... Hindi movies tend to get a wider release in the Greater Toronto Area

Anyways, Minions is releasing on 07/10 as well :two_thumbs_up: eisKxhjBnZ0 Terminator Genisys has released .... MI5 is coming soon too (July 30th?) There is a lot that you can do with $25-$50 this month :giggle: .... and Bajranji Bhaijaan is coming too which would probably be a rare Indian film that I might watch in the cinemas
Bajrangi bhaijan looks silly from the outset.

lol, why would you compare it with Titanic? :hmmmm: .... Titanic would be closer to films such as Gone with the winds (romantic love story in a historical background) On the other hand, Bahubali is a religious historical/mythological figure, right? If you want to compare it, "may be" Passion of Christ would come closer. And it would be strange to see Jesus doing break-dance sequence with Mary .... Thankfully Mel Gibson understood the subject and did not include "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" elements to it :P We had films on Ashoka, Bhagat Singh, etc. and imo "unnecessary" song and dance sequences take away from the subject. If filmmakers want to keep song and dance and other such masala features then they should not select such subjects One gripe that I have with Indian film makers is that they stick to the masala formula no matter what the subject is. Even if the film is on Gandhiji, you are likely to find him and Kasturba doing break-dance in the picturesque South Africa :haha: .... On the other hand, I liked the way how Attenborough made Gandhi
what do you expect from 'XYZwood' ? if Hollywood was named hollyshit then indian movie industry would be called bollyshit,tollyshit,kollyshit etc.

phhNTEjc_6I In the trailer, they show a snow storm. I hope that they are not trying to portray that it snowed in the South :P Anyways, the movie is out - what are the reviews?
the movie is set in a fictitious land.. Industry Hit confirm in Telugu (present IH is 90 crores) Blockbuster in Tamil Superhit in rest of south Hit to Superhit as of now in the north... we will know the real scene only after the weekend, but the North reviewers have stripped naked and surrendered to the movie in all their reviews... so i guess it will run well Overseas - lifetime records of many blockbuster movies have been broken only by the premier show bookings yesterday ... without even a single review coming out or the FDFS being shown... do you need any more information? :smiley:

overseas scene taran adarsh ‏@taran_adarsh 3h3 hours ago #Baahubali [Telugu] is SENSATIONAL in USA. Thu previews cross $ 1 mn: $ 1,294,451 [₹ 8.20 cr]. HEROIC start. Some screens yet to report. this is just in telugu. many records will be trampled in the full run for the original versions of Telugu+Tamil hindi will add a little bit.

Ok, it was expected to make a good start. Films such as Happy New Year, etc. hv made money as well but how good is the film? .... Just saw the review on NDTV and it is 3 stars In Silver City in my area, they hv the Kamal Hasan film playing, along with a bunch of Hindi and Punjabi flicks, but not this one. I would hv expected the Hindi version to be playing :dontknow: In US, it appears as if only the Telegu version has had a good start but mainly because of the previews

Ok, it was expected to make a good start. Films such as Happy New Year, etc. hv made money as well but how good is the film? .... Just saw the review on NDTV and it is 3 stars In Silver City in my area, they hv the Kamal Hasan film playing, along with a bunch of Hindi and Punjabi flicks, but not this one. I would hv expected the Hindi version to be playing :dontknow: In US, it appears as if only the Telegu version has had a good start but mainly because of the previews
1) leave NDTV, 90% of the reviews are overwhelming positive. I saw the movie, take my word - okay story; extraordinary second half; mindblowing 40 minute war scene. Normally hollywood spends a lot more on war scenes. This movie has been made on a budget of only $40Mil, but they reached hollywood standards 2) Telugu overseas version will absorb as much collections as possible over the weekend and only then they will allow the hindi version to release. it should in the next week. because if the hindi version releases with $7-10 ticket, no moron will buy the $25 ticket in telugu. since a lot of telugu people know hindi. 3) dude, the entire next week is booked the moment the word has spread after the FDFS. trust me, go see the movie when it releases some time next week in hindi. best case scenario: overwhelming worst case scenario: ok first half, 2nd half good fun.

rett these are the beginning and ending lines of ndtv review Scale of ambition: gargantuan. Quality of VFX: out of the ordinary. Content: only occasionally gripping. Final impact: pretty strong. If this is the beginning, one can only wonder what the culmination will be like. Will Bahubali – The Conclusion, slated for release in 2016, deliver more of the same? No matter what, it should have no trouble finding takers. --- this is possibly the most conceited review of the movie, i have seen and even he can't help but admire the movie.

phhNTEjc_6I In the trailer, they show a snow storm. I hope that they are not trying to portray that it snowed in the South :P Anyways, the movie is out - what are the reviews?
almost every bollywood film critic is in awe of the movie...if you want the links i can post them but the verdict is unanimous...this is a giant step for Indian cinema...

GIANT LEAP FOR INDIAN CINEMA... Rajamouli sir - I cherish the 1 minute I spoke with you in Westin hotel in Hyderabad :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail: Never before have I seen ANYTHING as SPECTACULAR in INDIAN cinema... I hope all parties make money here. Else it it will be a huge step backward for Indian cinema where we will have to live with idiotic Bollywood movies with Salman and Shahrukh :pray: We are witness to a HISTORIC moment guys... Go watch Bahubali in whatever language you understand and support INDIAN cinema....PLEASE dont go for torrents and kill INDIAN cinema...This movie's success can inspire even the useless Bollywood to make good movies :two_thumbs_up: Worth every rupee, penny, cent, dollar, pound.....:two_thumbs_up: The WAR scene - best ever in India

^^^^ My above post is just to request people who can afford the tickets to do so ( NRIs) as the film is worth it IMO. People in India anyway know their way. If ventures like Bahubali dont make money, then no point cribbing about quality of Indian cinema - every business venture is made with a view on profit. As viewers, we need to show willingness to pay up for quality.